“Hotel needs to be updated.”

Comfort Inn & Suites Orange
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Orange
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Stayed at the Comfort Inn while attending or nephew's wedding at Woodberry Forest School. Room was adequate but the bed was hard and uncomfortable. Carpeting in common areas was worn, dirty and outdated. The sheets on the bed were worn and polled. The Inn serves free breakfast daily which was just ok. Not an attractive property but served its purpose for 2 nights. I would probably stay at the Holiday Inn Express if I was to be back in the area again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed June 19, 2013

I wish I knew the name of the receptionist upon our arrival, so I could compliment her personally in this review. She was the best receptionist ever. She explained everything, made phone calls for us and made restaurant recommendations. This hotel was very roomy, double bedroom had microwave and small refrigerator. Beds and pillows were very comfortable. The bathroom was a nice size, but the one pet peeve I have with hotel bathrooms is poor exhaust fans. I must admit the exhaust fan did not prevent the bathroom mirror from fogging up after a shower and for this reason, I am not giving them a 5 star rating. The bathroom is large enough that a vanity stool could be placed in the bathroom. The free breakfast was excellent!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My son has been at Woodberry Forest School nearby for 4 years, and we have stayed at other hotels in Orange and Culpeper while visiting him. However, Comfort Inn in Orange is by far our favorite hotel. The front desk staff is the best, and I really appreciate their personal attention making reservations and assistance during our stay. The rooms are immaculately clean and quiet. The mattresses and pillows are very comfortable, and the breakfast was great...quick, fresh and organized. Not to mention, it's one of the best values in the area.

Room Tip: Hotel is three floors and all rooms are very nice.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We stayed here under a wedding room block as our friend was getting married at a B&B just down the street. The furniture was nice and looked fairly new, the room was large, and the staff seemed friendly. The elevator took forever (with only three floors, come on). My biggest complaint was that it was clear that the cleaning had not been very thorough, especially in the bathroom. From the ick on the toilet seat, to hairs in the towels, it was gross. Don't think we'll come to Orange again, but if we did, we would stay at a B&B.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 19, 2013

What can I say? It's a year later and I must say the same thing!!!! This hotel is still comfortable, and a great stay for your bucks! It's not the cost (and that's a plus) but it's the staff!!!! Becky and Amanda are wonderful people people! Professional, courteous and just down right home goodness!!!! The accommondations are great, roomy rooms, and a wonderful breakfast! The people who work there makes this hotel what it continues to be. A special thank you to Amanda who returned to the hotel the next day (on her off day) to make sure that myself and my other family members (about 20 people) enjoyed their stay.
Shelia Myles

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Recently stayed here for about 2 1/2 months while on business. It's a new property and the rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable. The pool and exercise rooms are a nice bonus and all of the equipment was functional. The staff are wonderfully kind. Jennifer let me preview several different rooms and locations before I made my selection. Amanda is an attentive and professional manager. The location isn't necessarily great, but they make the best of it. The breakfast was awful and unimaginative; no discernible effort in preparation or presentation.

Room Tip: None of the rooms has a decent view, but my stay in 231 was quiet and comfortable.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Our experience was a mixture of very nice things interspersed with some annoyances. We reserved one of the suites and were very pleased with the size of the room (327), the furniture appeared to be new or at least relatively new, the appointments were fine, and we especially liked the combination of a couch (hideabed) and a chair for watching the large screen TV. Staff we encountered, including the manager, were very helpful and pleasant and were quite willing to adjust our bill for the problems we encountered. However, some issues reduced our rating. There were minor things, such as a sink stopper and a refrigerater that didn't work , Major issues included no hot water one morning and no housekeeping one day even though we cleared the room by 1030 and remained gone all day.

As I mentioned above, the staff and the manager were helpful, gave us modest discounts for the minor inconviences and a free day after the issues accumulated. I think perhaps we encountered a perfect storm in an otherwise quite nice facility and the pleasant staff made the best of a bad situation. Without the hot water and housekeeping issues, I would have rated the hotel either very good or excellent, partially because it exceeded my expecations for a Comfort Inn. I believe the issues we encountered are probably bad luck on our part, rather than a real issue with this hotel, but since we did have this experience, I cannot rate the hotel more than average.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orange
Holiday Inn Express Orange
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Culpeper
Best Western Culpeper Inn
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Charlottesville - Ruckersville
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#4 of 7 in Culpeper

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Orange? Share your experiences!