“Wonderful!”

Holiday Inn Express Orange
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Orange
Reviewed October 29, 2009

I've stayed in hotels all over the U. S., and this is one of the most pleasant experiences I've had! The staff is very warm and friendly (you are in the South, after all), the accomodations are simple but very, very comfortable, and the views make you want to live there so you can see them every morning. I don't think there is any way you could be disappointed. We stayed there for 6 nights and loved every minute of it!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 26, 2009

On my recent trip to visit the homes of Presidents Jefferson, Madison, and Monroe, I chose the Holiday Inn Express because of what other reviewers said about the view. It was incredible, and I found myself arriving back in the late afternoon to bask in the sun before it set over the beauty of the Blue Ridge Mountains in the distance. That in itself would have been worth the trip, but the hotel itself is just lovely, with little extras that make it a cut above: light refreshments in the lobby, an outdoor pool and patio facing the mountains, and the friendliest staff I have ever encountered. I was greeted daily with a smile and "good morning" from every person who worked there, housekeeping staff, breakfast room attendants, and desk staff alike. The included breakfast was varied and plentiful, my room was spacious, comfortable, and clean, and included a fridge and microwave, and a computer was readily available in the lobby area for guest use. If you're going to Montpelier or Monticello, or to the wonderful wineries in the area, this is the place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank bobbie5
Reviewed July 1, 2009

We were directed here by the folks at Madison's home. This is, by far, the best HI we have ever stayed in. The location is great, it is clean, the people talk to you, breakfast is good, sheets are clean.......just go. And if you want a great meal, try Homewood. Fab.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Leatherman
Reviewed June 18, 2009

We stayed here a couple of times as we were planning a wedding at a B&B just down the road. This is a terrific hotel. Not only are the rooms great but the breakfast is really very good and the staff is wonderful and accommodating. In fact, one weekend when we weren't staying there, they let us use their dining area to meet with a caterer that we were interviewing and even let her use their kitchen facilities to heat up her food (she was from out of town). Many of our wedding guests stayed here and everybody loved it. If you're going to be staying in Orange and don't want to stay at one of the terrific B&Bs, you won't regret stopping here.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 8, 2009

Just returned from a one night stay and wish it was an entire week!! We picked this hotel for a one night getaway in the country. With a AAA discount we got a room rate of $99 which was great for this place. I've priced it here before and usually on weekends the rates run between $129 - $139 per night but we stayed here on a Sunday night. The hotel was set on a hill right outside of the town of Orange. The view from the back of the hotel was simply wonderful. We weren't lucky enough to get a room out back, we were stuck looking at the parking lot. It looks like the even # rooms are in the rear and odd #s are in the front of the hotel. The front desk staff was wonderful, had the friendliest older woman check us in and a very nice young gentleman check us out.

When we checked in, the front desk lady let us know that my original room request wasn't available (regular King room) so they had upgraded us to a room with a kitchenette. This room was VERY spacious and I would recommend it to anyone staying here. It had a small kitchen area equipped with glasses, plates and silverware. Also a small fridge was included. The bed was average, I've had better beds at other Holiday Inn Express's. The TV was also average, no flat screen here but had plenty of channel selection. The hotel doesn't allow pets, but serve breakfast between 6am to 10am I believe which we didn't take advantage of. They also had a nice big outdoor pool along with a little patio to sit and look at the view.

There isn't a whole lot located around the hotel so if you are going here expecting to find shopping malls or a bunch of different places to eat then look elsewhere. As others have mentioned there is a nice big CVS located down the hill from the hotel. Within a mile was a Sheetz, KFC, and a McDonalds along with some other places. I heard but wasn't able to go go downtown to a really nice Chinese place to eat....but my friend's dad said it was the best he's ever had. The hotel also had excellent high speed internet which seemed a bit odd for how out of the way this place is.

All in all this hotel was excellent, I'm already making plans to go back for a few days and will ask for a room out back this time to enjoy the view.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 11, 2008

My 10 year old grandson and I stayed here for one night while we were exploring the region. We have stayed here before. Both times were great. The motel is very clean and the customer service is superb. The breakfast the next day, which is included, was better than it had been the last time we stayed. I would recommend this motel to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank athruz
Reviewed August 31, 2008

I enjoyed this hotel alot. It's located on top of a hill with a nice view. The design of it is nice and unique. I have been living on the road for the past six months and this was a very nice treat. The hotel was very nice as well as the view. Not much around there to do but was nice to relax at the hotel. The only thing I didn't like was that I was put next to a guy who blasted the volume of his TV and I was trying to sleep at around midnight!!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orange
Comfort Inn & Suites Orange
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Charlottesville - Ruckersville
Best Western Culpeper Inn
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Culpeper
Shenandoah Crossing
Shenandoah Crossing
#1 of 1 in Gordonsville

Been to Holiday Inn Express Orange? Share your experiences!