Holiday Inn Express Orange
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Orange
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I stayed at this Holiday Inn Express for two nights while visiting Monticello and Montpelier. It is located just outside of Orange, VA, on top of a hill, which gives beautiful views of the nearby Blue Ridge Mountains. A beautiful sunset can be seen from the back patio of the hotel, and the same view in the morning featured mist in the valleys. A large window on the second floor of the hotel offers the best vantage point.

The room was comfortable and clean. The bed contained several pillows, so you should be able to find one that is perfect for you. The bed itself was harder than some others I've had in other Holiday Inn Expresses, but it didn't keep me from sleeping! There was a small refrigerator, which was quiet, and a microwave. The AC/heating unit was typically noisy, as they seem to be in most hotel rooms.

There was a lot of variety at breakfast, including biscuits and gravy -- my guilty pleasure. The breakfast room overlooks the mountains and is well-supplied and maintained. In the afternoon, cookies and coffee are available.

Everyone on the staff was extremely helpful and pleasant. All in all, I enjoyed the stay and would definitely stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Orange, VA again.

Room Tip: The rooms on the back of the hotel have the best views of the mountains.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank AnnaSoo

Reviewed October 11, 2013

We stayed at the hotel on the 9/9/13. I booked this hotel after reading reviews on TA and no regrets. Arrived very late at night and check-in was quick and easy. I had requested a room on the second floor which I did get but not the views I had expected. Instead of views of the rolling hills our room over looked the car park so make sure you specify that if you want views of the hills. Main reason to stay in the area was to visit Charlottesville. It was a half hour drive so bear that in mind as we were under the impression its very close. The views are lovely!! They serve complimentary breakfast which was basic but good.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Afshan7
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I travel over 100+ nights a year for my job and it's was so nice to find an amazing Holiday Inn Express virtually in the Virginia countryside. I was a little concerned booking a hotel in rural Virginia, but my concerns were put aside when I was greeted when I walked in the door and went upstairs to the 2nd floor. The views were amazing. This hotel has huge windows on the backside for an amazing view of the mountains and countryside.

My rooms with kitchenette was great because it was fully stocked with plates, silverware and glassware. Made my one night stay a little easier since I brought food along for the trip.

Rooms were comfy, clean, fairly updated. My biggest complaint is the low wattage light bulbs hotels are using in the rooms now. Since it was fairly dark at 7pm due to the rain I had to turn on at least four lights to even read a magazine. So room lighting is POOR!

There are some places to eat nearby and the hotel front desk had all the menus available for viewing and to help you make a choice.

I would stay here again if I am in the area.

Room Tip: If you are there for more than one night, request a room on the backside of the hotel (even numbered...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 3, 2013

My wife and I stayed here on our trip to Virginia to visit Monticello and Mt Vernon. This was a great place to stay and relax after a day sightseeing. We were able to visit the 1st, 3rd and the 4th presidents home form this location.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I am an event designer and was in Orange to do a wedding at one of the local inns. When my biz partner told me she had booked us rooms at the HEI bc there was not enough rooms at the inn, I did not really expect to be "wow"ed, but this particular location has stunning views, very clean rooms, a friendly staff, and a great breakfast. Several wedding guests also stayed here and I only heard good things from them as well.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We checked in around 11 pm so did not know at all where we were. What a surprise to wake up the next morning and look out our window to see a lovely view - a beautiful field with corn rows off in the distance. The pool also was part of this setting and would be lovely to be able to use it during the warmer weather - so pictureresque! The hotel was very clean, very friendly staff, a good breakfast. Couldn't have asked for more. With so much to see in this part of VA would definitely recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Hotel only has 2 floors - ground floor we found to be quiet
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 7, 2013

This hotel sits on the top of a hill and has a commanding view of the area. It is well laid out, is comfortable, clean, and the staff is extremely helpful. Every room has a view! The rooms are very comfortable and clean. The breakfast area also has a commanding view of the area. We are fairly hard to please but we are here to say that we loved this hotel! We will return to spend more time there and to tour things in the area.
While there if you are looking for an upscale dining experience, we would recommend the Inn at Willow Grove - just a mile from the HIE.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 2008floridatraveler
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orange
Comfort Inn & Suites Orange
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Culpeper
Best Western Culpeper Inn
Doubletree by Hilton Charlottesville
Doubletree by Hilton Charlottesv...
#12 of 35 in Charlottesville
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Charlottesville - Ruckersville

Been to Holiday Inn Express Orange? Share your experiences!