I stayed at this Holiday Inn Express for two nights while visiting Monticello and Montpelier. It is located just outside of Orange, VA, on top of a hill, which gives beautiful views of the nearby Blue Ridge Mountains. A beautiful sunset can be seen from the back patio of the hotel, and the same view in the morning featured mist in the valleys. A large window on the second floor of the hotel offers the best vantage point.
The room was comfortable and clean. The bed contained several pillows, so you should be able to find one that is perfect for you. The bed itself was harder than some others I've had in other Holiday Inn Expresses, but it didn't keep me from sleeping! There was a small refrigerator, which was quiet, and a microwave. The AC/heating unit was typically noisy, as they seem to be in most hotel rooms.
There was a lot of variety at breakfast, including biscuits and gravy -- my guilty pleasure. The breakfast room overlooks the mountains and is well-supplied and maintained. In the afternoon, cookies and coffee are available.
Everyone on the staff was extremely helpful and pleasant. All in all, I enjoyed the stay and would definitely stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Orange, VA again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take a Virtual Tour of the hotel.Welcome to the award winning Holiday Inn Express Hotel, winner of eight consecutive awards. Visit our hotel and enjoy a serene view of the Blue Ridge Mountains, located on the north side of the Town of Orange, VA.We are minutes away from Woodberry Forest School, American Woodmark, American Press, Klockner Pentaplast, PBM Corporation, Plow & Hearth, Waugh Harley Davidson, Zamma Corporation and Meadows Golf course, and just 40 minutes from Charlottesville, home of the University of Virginia , Monticello and John Paul Jones Arena. History buffs will enjoy visiting Montpelier and Monticello, The Wilderness and Chancellorsville Battlefields and Barboursville Ruins. Skydive Orange is nearby, as are several vineyards & wineries. Wind down in our cozy sitting area with fireplace or enjoy a picturesque view from our breakfast bar area. Our outside pool and veranda allows you to relax and watch wildlife behind the hotel. Enjoy artwork created by local artists featured in our guest rooms and lobby.Our 2-room suites with Jacuzzi tub offer spacious relaxation and many rooms offer a view of the Blue Ridge Mountains.Our goal is to make each guest as comfortable as possible during their stay. We want our hotel to be your home away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Orange reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Orange Hotel Orange
- Holiday Inn Orange
- Orange Holiday Inn Express