“Quality, Convenience and Cleanliness...what more could you ask for”

Holiday Inn Express Orange
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Orange
Reviewed July 10, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Orange, VA the first weekend in June due to a family wedding that was taking place in Orange. This Hotel was phenominal. You could not ask for better quality, convenience or cleanliness. The service was friendly and the morning breakfast buffets were excellent. I was very happy with our stay and will definitely stay again. We have driven by this hotel several times on our way to see my Dad in Cumberland, VA. We may just make it a regular stop on the way there and/or back.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Orange

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Whenever Orange, VA is about where we want to stop while traveling, this is a very special place we head to. The views from the hilltop overlooking fields, woods and mountains are unbelievable. It's even gorgeous watching storm clouds gather. And it's fun to watch first time visitors just go outside and stand in awe looking at the scenery.

I asked for a room with a view and was rewarded with a second floor outside corner room with views from two sides, looking over miles and miles. As usual, the room was very comfortable and well-appointed.

Just a few nits -- had some problems with the WiFi in my room; patio could use a few more chairs; elevator was out of service the morning I was leaving but there was no sign so I waited a while before bouncing my suitcase down the stairs; and, I do so like a real mug for my coffee rather than a paper cup (but there was a 4 cup pot rather than the parsimonious one cup brewers a lot of motels are going to now).

Good breakfast buffet selection.

So pleased Holiday Inn Express has pulled itself up again. Holiday Inns were reliable for many years before the brand went downhill, but at least the HIE's have rejoined our good places to stay list. Just one last nit -- hate that it costs us more to book a reservation that can be cancelled without charge if necessary. We don't book unless we intend to stay, but sometimes life is unpredictable. Not this HIE's fault, but don't llke this policy.

Room Tip: Second floor northwest corner, although any room facing the back is awesome.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank willtravel12345
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I was shocked even driving-up to this hotel ... it has the appearance of having been owned by another chain and purchased by HIE. It was so delightful and the gentleman at the front desk was outstanding. We chatted when I arrived re: sights to see. Next morning, when I crossed the lobby he was back at the desk and called out to me saying he had some brochures for me! Hello, is this the Holiday Inn? I was stunned.

The facility is 1st rate and every HIE or Hampton Inn or Marriott Courtyard should be modeled after this place. I cannot say enough about this hotel ... the room drew me in, the furnishings were just right, the lighting was perfect, two windows w/ plenty of daylight. It sits on a hill overlooking the countryside and the hotel us surrounded by trees. I'm still wondering how this gem got into this hotel chain. Amazingly elegant ... could be been a Zen retreat. Speaking of which, the room was scented wonderfully!

Room Tip: I only stayed in mine and it was perfect ... and the entire hotel was so serene. I didn't want...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank ABikeTraveler
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

On the contrary with Holiday Inn, the Holiday Inn Express are usually newer, cleaner, nicer spacious rooms with flat screen TV and great wifi... Also free breakfast :-)

Service was great, room was great, nice safe area (in the middle of nowhere).

It was a little bit expensive but well worth it...

Holiday Inn Express are always a must !!!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have traveled to Orange during the three years my nephew has been in boarding school there. Having passed by this property countless times, I finally spent the night last week. The room was comfortable, the staff friendly, the breakfast good, and the view outstanding. The surprise was that although in the past I spent three times as much to stay at a higher-end accommodation slightly nearer the school, I rested actually better here than there! This Holiday Inn Express is a very nice place to stay at a very reasonable rate.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back for a really good night's rest!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 16, 2013

The room was great. The breakfast included and good. The problem was the ringing telephone both mornings at 5 AM. The phone rang anywhere from 3 to 10 rings every 3 minutes for about 40 minutes the first morning and about 20 minutes the second. The night manager could do nothing about it. He thought it was coming from the room above us but could do nothing. Needless to say there was no going back to sleep after that.

Room Tip: Maybe pick the second floor.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Orange, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Dear OliviaHayward,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I am glad to know that you found our room to be great and the breakfast served lived up to your liking. However, I would like to apologize for the unusual occurrence of the phone ringing. I understand the discomfort that this caused you and I appreciate you letting us know about this as this is our best means of improving guest satisfaction.

We all hope that we will have the opportunity to host you again on a future visit.

Regards,

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed March 19, 2013

This Holiday Inn Express had few surprises. The location is quite nice -- on the top of a hill with a lovely view of the Virginia countryside. Our only complaint was that the bed was hard as a rock. The breakfast was good -- plenty of ripe bananas. Our room was at the end of the hall and was nice and quiet.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orange
Comfort Inn & Suites Orange
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Best Western Culpeper Inn
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Charlottesville - Ruckersville
Shenandoah Crossing
Shenandoah Crossing
#1 of 1 in Gordonsville
The Inn at Willow Grove

Been to Holiday Inn Express Orange? Share your experiences!