“Great Place, Great People”
Review of Skydive Orange

Skydive Orange
Ranked #4 of 9 things to do in Orange
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Skydive Orange, Inc. is located in beautiful Orange, VA and serves Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C. We are a member of the United States Parachute Association (USPA) operating for more than 35 years. We make more than 18,000 skydives annually, and we are the only drop zone in the region with our own full-time 21 jumper airplane — the Super Otter. Skydive Orange is open Wednesday through Sunday from spring through fall, and every weekend during the winter. Whether you want to try a tandem skydive, learn to skydive on your own, or are already an experienced skydiver, Skydive Orange is the place to be! TANDEM SKYDIVING - THE ORANGE ADVANTAGE - You can jump from 13,500 ft. (2.5 miles) - Large & comfortable aircraft - jump with your friends and family - Experienced instructors that use new & high quality gear - New hangar - large, clean bathrooms - Crisp outside video and stills - Opportunity to learn skydiving and become licensed
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Place, Great People”
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Just went to the Cinco de Mayo boogie at Orange. My husband jumps there any chance he gets, and I decided to do my 2nd tandem while we were there. It was so much fun, everyone is so friendly and the staff knows their stuff. I had the pleasure of jumping out of the skyvan that was there for the weekend with Mario as my instructor. He was awesome, funny, and made me feel at ease! Scenery is beautiful and I was so glad I decided to jump! PS get video!!

Visited May 2014
2 Thank Hannah S
SkydiveOrange, Guest Relations Manager at Skydive Orange, responded to this review, June 7, 2016
Mario is the man! And you really picked on of the best weekends to come out on, Cinco de Mayo is a blast! Thank you for coming out and sharing your experience on TripAdvisor!

Louisiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Excellent Tandem Experience”
Reviewed May 7, 2014

I made my 2nd tandem jump here June 1, 2013. I had been somewhere else before and done a tandem skydive. But it was nothing compared to Skydive Orange.

Skydive Orange is a professional atmosphere where no question is a stupid question - and they have the best videographers who make you look awesome!

13,500 feet above the ground, falling at 120mph and an incredible view under canopy.

I loved it so much I got my license at Skydive Orange and now call that my home DZ!

Visited June 2013
2 Thank Debbie M
Bethesda, Maryland
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Mon anniversaire ”
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

Excellent, excellent, excellent!
Ça vaut vraiment la peine d'y aller.
It worth the trip and I recommend it to anybody. The facility, the staff, the jump.
October 19 was the day I was supposed to jump. We boarded the aircraft and we took off, the weather was not clement and we landed back. We waited over an hour and realized the sky was not going to clear. The staff recommended us for the next day which happen to be great.
In the video, there was a mismatch but skydive orange took care of it and mailed me a revised DVD and I got a shirt.
All the people with me were very pleased and I would recommend this place to anybody interested in skydiving.
The place is safe, the staff was pleasant and very professional.

4 Thank Nikske
Thank you for coming back the next day Nikske, we're so happy you were able to jump and had a great time doing so!
toms brook
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great time at skydive orange”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

recently went for a tandem jump at skydive orange.
its was great the jump was safe and I was trained by great instructors.
overall a wonderful time will go back and recommend for anyone who
is interested in skydiving.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Col_homer
Thank you! We hope to see you back soon!
Fredericksburg, Virginia, United States
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Great Skydiving experience”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I took my daughter here so her and I could skydive for her 20th Birthday. It was a great experience. They were very professional and performed many safety checks and had you watch a video prior to getting suited up. The experience was awesome. I hadn't seen my now non-teenage daughter this excited in a long time. Show was on her "jump high" all weekend. Great Job!!!

Visited April 2013
2 Thank Jeffery G
We're so glad we could be a part of your daughters 20th birthday memories and could make it a very memorable birthday for her, as well!