“Best, most inventive meal in a while”
Review of Vintage Restaurant

Vintage Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 41 Restaurants in Orange
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Gastropub
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Featuring regional American farm-to-table cuisine "with a twist", The Inn at Willow Grove's Forbes Travel Guide Four Star-rated Vintage Restaurant is open both to Inn guests and the public. Our award-winning culinary team keeps things fresh by changing our gourmet menus regularly to highlight the freshest, most authentic flavors of the season, and our special Wednesday "Tapas Night" and weekly "Three on Thursday" special prix-fixe tasting menus feature our gourmet cuisine at incredible prices. Join us for lunch, dinner, cocktails or Sunday Brunch. Reservations recommended but not required.
Reviewed October 1, 2012

It was perfectly done, start to finish. The atmosphere was beautiful - exposed brick and ceilings with glass tables, metals and warm leather accents. It was a cozy and modern feel. My husband and I were celebrating our one-year anniversary, and it was a wonderful place to do so. The customer service was exceptional and the food out of this world. They asked if it was a special occasion, and saw to it to write "Happy Anniversary" in chocolate on the plate of the dessert we ordered. A fine dining menu that we had never seen. I don't say that to mean that there were odd items on the menu, but rather that the food pairings were creative and surprising. All around delicious. And worth the fine dining prices. We will certainly be back.

1  Thank vatravellers2
InnatWillowGrove, Guest Relations Manager at Vintage Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Happy Anniversary! We’re so happy you enjoyed a special, romantic night in Vintage Restaurant. We are the perfect setting for a romantic evening and a special celebration! We love that our guests enjoy the casual, friendly atmosphere in our upscale, elegant setting. That very same delightfully surprising “urban meets plantation” style is reflected in our menu - it’s contemporary cuisine with a twist! Thank you for celebrating with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Second stay at the Inn, second time dining in the restaurant. Hands down the best meal I've ever eaten. Jason, Head Chef will blow you away. He is so creative, and so passionate about good food that makes sense you'll have nothing but a great experience every time. We decided a few days before to go there for dinner, and told the staff when we made our reservation that we were happy with the regular menu, but if Chef wanted to get crafty and do a tasting menu (like we were treated to the first time) we would NOT turn it down! He obliged, and we had the most amazing dinner. It was around 8 courses-I lost count, and less than $100 a person! He worked directly with the bartender and they paired each course with a perfect drink. If you're adventuresome and are willing to put your dinner in his hands, Chef Jason will not disappoint. He came out after every other course or so, and even asked us what we were in the mood for. We usually deferred back to his good judgement. He made most of it up as he went! He would come out and say something like, "I think I'm going to do tuna [shrimp] [beef] next, does that sound good?" He will not disappoint, and the staff at the restaurant won't either. Definitely try this place if you're passing through or within any reasonable driving distance of Orange, VA.

1  Thank Emily D

We always recommend one of Chef’s Multi-Course Tastings to any guest looking for a truly spectacular culinary experience! If you’re up for adventure and feel up to the challenge (eight courses is A LOT of food), we highly recommend allowing Chef to cook off-menu just for you. He is extraordinarily talented and passionate, and it is so much fun to let him stretch his creative muscles. We’re thrilled you enjoyed the experience and invite you to return again any time!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

The Inn has been open almost two years, now and has cultivated a real local following for foodies. The restaurant is first-class. The chef is world-class. The staff always make you feel welcome and the service is superb. Don't want a big meal? Try the tapas menus at the bar on Wednesdays. You can choose from over 20 items, all reasonably priced and also prepared to perfection. We've been to the bar for tappas several times - always tried something different - and never have been disappointed. Tried duck at other places and just never seemed to like it. Tried the duck on the tapas menu here - and loved it. This place is great for a real romantic evening or weekend get-a-way.

1  Thank Eldie1

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts. Until recently, Tapas Wednesdays have been our little “locals” secret, the perfect opportunity for our neighbors to avoid doing the dishes mid-week. Now Tapas Night has taken off as the best way to spend Wednesday night! With bite-sized portions of our gourmet dinner menu at just $5 a plate, you can enjoy the whole menu, and the crowd of local foodies makes Tapas Nights just so much fun! Thanks for your continued patronage - see you next Tapas Night!

Reviewed August 12, 2012

Having just returned from a long weekend stay at The Inn at Willow Grove, I am deeply saddened that there will be no one serving me some fabulous amuse bouche this evening, no 10-course dinner tasting prepared by Chef Jason where each course and each food pairing exceeds the previous (how is that even possible??), no fine wines, and no scrumptious desserts, often too pretty to even eat (but OH, trust me, you must eat them as they are simply out of this world). Come to think of it, the only one serving anything this evening will be me, since I'm back to reality and having dinner at home...so sad! This was my third trip to The Inn at Willow Grove in the past year, and each time the wait staff, the chef, the atomosphere, and most importantly, the food and wine at The Vintage Restaurant exceed my expectations. I am such a HUGE fan of this place. I think it is by far one of the finest restaurants I have had the pleasure of dining in and I cannot wait to go back again.

InnatWillowGrove, Guest Relations Manager at Vintage Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

It is sad to return to reality after a wonderful and relaxing vacation isn't it? We wish we could loan you Chef Daniels to bring home, but unfortunately he's a bit busy :) We're so delighted that you have enjoyed your three stays with us, and that every meal you've had in Vintage Restaurant has exceeded your expectations. We look forward to your fourth visit - hopefully soon! - and in the meantime, we invite you to connect with us on Facebook so you can be a part of our online community and visit us from your computer!

Reviewed August 10, 2012

I just returned from a luncheon given by my friends in honor of my birthday. The Inn is elegant and tastefully decorated, the service was excellent and the food was wonderful. The staff were friendly and professional -the chef came to our table after the birthday cake was presented-an artistic creation made of lemon and strawberries- and chatted with us. I definitely will return to this restaurant and highly recommend it to others.
Marion M.

Happy Birthday! We're so happy you enjoyed a special celebration with your friends at Vintage Restaurant. We work hard to create an environment that is both elegant and casual, with attentive and friendly staff who truly care about making your experience memorable, special and indulgent on any occasion. We look forward to your return, and thank you so much for passing your recommendations along!