“wonderful restaurant”
Review of Vintage Restaurant

Vintage Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 40 Restaurants in Orange
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Gastropub
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Featuring regional American farm-to-table cuisine "with a twist", The Inn at Willow Grove's Forbes Travel Guide Four Star-rated Vintage Restaurant is open both to Inn guests and the public. Our award-winning culinary team keeps things fresh by changing our gourmet menus regularly to highlight the freshest, most authentic flavors of the season, and our special Wednesday "Tapas Night" and weekly "Three on Thursday" special prix-fixe tasting menus feature our gourmet cuisine at incredible prices. Join us for lunch, dinner, cocktails or Sunday Brunch. Reservations recommended but not required.
Charleston, South Carolina
“wonderful restaurant”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

The restaurant has a well designed menu to suit most tastes. The preparation and presentation of the meal were up to the same high quality of the setting and decor. Very pleased.

Visited February 2012
WillowGroveVA, Guest Relations Manager at Vintage Restaurant, responded to this review, March 22, 2012
Thank you for sharing your wonderful review! We hope to see you again soon!

Nokesville, Virginia
“very good, but still can improve”
Reviewed February 16, 2012

Arrived 1 hr early and they sat us immediately. Server showed up quickly and took drink order. Pre-fix menu for V-day. Courses were brought timely except for the main course. WIfe and I both noticed several servers didnt know what table to take the food too. We saw 1 couple get 2 of the same course, the couple giggled and took the course again. We had 2 waiters bring us creamer/sugar for our coffee. The food was delicious I will have to say. Maybe they should have 1 water person, 1 coffee person. If I pay good money for food I want to be treated like a king. I should always have water available and dinner/dessert served in a timely manner. This place is beautiful, with gas fireplaces all lit up outside. I will come back here. The price is right and the food is very good. The servers just need to work on team work. The background music was good, but was a tad high, and could be turned down a notch.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank kwebb1
WillowGroveVA, Guest Relations Manager at Vintage Restaurant, responded to this review, February 24, 2012
Thank you for the feedback. We are constantly working to improve our customer service, particularly on the very busy holiday events like Valentine’s Day dinner. We have shared your comments with our staff and will use your feedback to improve our service in the future. We hope to see you again soon!
Locust Grove, Virginia
“Perfect setting, perfect service and excellent food!”
Reviewed February 12, 2012

The Inn at Willow Grove is in a restored mansion in a small, agricultural and historical Orange County, Virginia. I was totally unprepared for the sophistication of the rooms and decor, what a pleasant surprise. The server was totally dedicated to our table, she was professional but with personality. We had a five course meal an all courses were excellent. My husband an I dined with four other couples and their comments mirrored mine. As we were leaving we noticed a outdoor fire in a fireplace blazing in the winter snow. It truly was a wonderful setting. For Orange County it is on the expensive side, so we would probably limit our visits to special occassions.

• Visited February 2012
Thank you for your kind comments! We have taken great care to restore the beauty and majesty to this historic landmark while also creating a sense of luxury, elegance and modern sophistication for our guests. We try to provide delicious five-star cuisine at reasonable prices. One suggestion we might make is to try our “Three on Thursday” weekly tasting special. Every Thursday, we offer a new, special tasting menu in which you can enjoy a three course meal for just $29.95. We post our “Three on Thursday” menu each week to our website, and if you send us your email address we can add you to our weekly menu mailings (you can also “like” us on Facebook and check our profile for weekly updates). Hope to see you there!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“A Gem in Oragne, VA”
Reviewed January 29, 2012

Words almost cannot describe our experience at Vintage Restaurant. Being from Philadelphia (land of plentiful gourmet restaurants), I never, in a million years, expected to experience a comparable dining experience in Orange, VA. I was visiting an Aunt (with my siblings and Mom in tow), when she recommended we have lunch at Vintage. I had no expectations as I had never heard of this place. My expectations, needless to say given the “excellent” rating, were exceeded in every way. The decor was a wonderful blend of antique and modern designs, the service was impeccable (Amy and Mandy many thanks) and the meal was orgasmic. The highlight of our meal was dessert. It seems Chef Daniels is a trained pastry chef, which we highly appreciated with every bite we took of the panna cotta and the apple pie. On the savory side, I cannot "gush" enough about the crab chowder...the flavors just lingered after every spoonful. After our meal, my family and I were taken on a short tour of the property, which is majestic. Kudos to the owners for having a grand vision and making it a reality for all of us to enjoy! We met one of them and hope to meet his better half upon our return. And, yes, we will be back!

• Visited January 2012
Ashburn, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Highly Recommend - Food & Service Oustanding”
Reviewed January 16, 2012

We had our own private room and the service and food was outstanding. I had the crabcake as a first course per reviews I read and it did not disappoint. Steak as a main dish was awesome and the chocolate ice cream with chocolate chips and Jack Daniel's was to die for. Many people came by to make sure we were happy with the food and service including the chef. Very pleased with the restaurant and will be going back!

• Visited January 2012