“Perfection!!”

Ranked #1 of 8 Orange B&B and Inns
Fairfield, Pennsylvania, United States
“Perfection!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

We just eloped at Chestnut Hill Bed and Breakfast yesterday!!! We cannot say enough wonderful things about Troy and Kathleen. They made our wedding perfect all the way down to the smallest detail. They both really cared about us and our wedding. You don’t find people like that every day. They made us and our few guests feel extremely welcome and at home for our entire stay. Troy and Kathleen both made it a point to ask us exactly what we wanted and how we wanted it done and they MADE it happen. My flowers were gorgeous, the cake was delicious, ALL the food was out of this world delicious. It was a beautiful stress free day and that is exactly what I wanted. Everything ran smoothly and seamlessly. My five year old daughter was following the house keeper around and kept coming back with little cookies or cut up apples just for her. I also found out later that my daughter was helping the house keeper with laundry. They all were extremely kind to her.
When we went to dinner that night the restaurant had our names and “Congratulations” printed inside the menu! When we got back to our room that night our bed was covered in rose petals with our left over cake and champagne chilling by the bed. Details, details, details. My husband and I are by no means millionaires but we sure did feel like we were the past few days.
We stayed in the Alexander Daly Suite and it was beautiful and so luxurious. I did not want to leave!! My parents stayed in the room down the hall and my father wanted to load the bed up into his car somehow and take it home with him. He said it was just perfect in every way imaginable.
I would recommend getting married here to every person I know. It could not have been more perfect. I cannot think of one negative thing to say. Drive to Orange VA to get married at Chestnut Hill Bed and Breakfast!!!!
Stephanie Peters

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Suffolk, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

We stayed at the Chestnut Hill Bed & Breakfast last weekend because it came highly recommended. We were blown away with our experience. When we approved we were given free wine tasting passes to multiple local vineyards. When we came back from the wineries, Troy had prepared a seafood trio for us and wine and beer was available for all guests. The rooms were beautiful and immaculate. The breakfast the next morning was out of a dream. Kathleen and Troy do an excellent job of making you feel at home, though giving you plenty space. We are on a budget, but this is one indulgence we will plan for again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Midlothian, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Chestnut Hill Bed and Breakfast is the nicest bed and breakfast that we have ever stayed in.
The proprietors are friendly and are concerned with the welfare of their guests. They provided breakfast in their "Downton Abbey" dining room, but also appetizers at 5 p.m.
This is a very special place. We will go again and again. Orange County Virginia is spectacular, so staying in such a nice place makes the trip totally worthwhile.

Room Tip: If you go with another couple, choose the downstairs English basement (2) rooms. It's like bein...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Partlow, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

My wife and I were given a one night stay at the Chestnut Hill Bed & Breakfast as one of our wedding gifts. My father and his wife stayed there and loved it. I had been to numerous bed and breakfasts before, but this was my wife's first time. We booked a second night to round out the weekend prior to our arrival. Our stay was 11/16-11/18.

The House:
It was beautiful! This place was very clean and well decorated with antique furniture. Every room has its own charm. The yard is very beautiful and well maintained, with seating and a waterfall pond.

The Room:
We stayed in Alexander Daley’s Master Suite. It was the perfect size and felt like home. It had a nice bathroom with Jacuzzi and fireplace and a separate shower. There was also a fireplace in the bedroom. The sheets were the softest sheets I’d ever slept in and the pillows were so soft!

Food:
Breakfast each morning was wonderful! It was healthy and delicious. And the light meal in the afternoon was great, as well. They really go above and beyond. The meals were planned out perfectly and they even changed my meal slightly to accommodate for my wife's distaste in fish. It really makes my day when someone can pay so much attention to detail and make you feel at home and at ease.

Troy & Kathleen:
My wife is not a very social person and she was a little leery about having to eat with other guests and the possibility of being given so much attention by the hosts. Her worries were quickly abated, though. Everyone, including the guests, were so nice. Kathleen & Troy get to know their guests and can tell each guest's preferences. They both made sure that all of our needs were met.

Our overall experience was fantastic! We will definitely stay there again. We are even thinking of sending my wife's parents here for a weekend. We recommend that everyone stay at the Chestnut Hill B & B. Not only is the place beautiful, but the area is great as well. Lots to do, great restaurants (we recommend going to the French restaurant, Pomme), and lots of antique stores to check out.

Room Tip: Make sure to stay more than one night so you get a chance to check out the surrounding area!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Scott C
Oriental, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

There are two great places to stay in Orange. We've tried both, and Chestnut Hill is the winner. The hosts are attentive, but do not crowd you. The rooms are so well done with spotless bathrooms attached. And I won't even start a report on the breakfasts. It would take way too long!

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Harmonysailor
Portsmouth, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

My wife and I have been visiting B&B's throughout the U.S. for over 30 years and The Chestnut Hill B&B is one of the best we've ever visited. The property was recently 100% renovated so the entire building has the latest modern amenities while also maintaining its old historic charm. The decorating is impeccable and first class. The owners, Troy and Kathleen are wonderful energetic hosts who cheerfully cater to your every need. When is the last time an innkeeper called you IN ADVANCE to ask you what kind of wine you liked, (included as part of your stay), or how you preferred your duck appetizer cooked, (also included), for when you arrive?! That is the level of hospitality you will receive from Troy and Kathleen – they are incredible! It simply doesn't get any better than the Chestnut Hill B&B - we will come back over and over again!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

My boyfriend planned a weekend away for us at the Chestnut Hill B&B in Orange, VA. I had been extremely excited about it, but I had no idea what we were in for. As we drove up the driveway lined with gas-lit lamps, the beauty of the house took my breath away. Walking into the house it felt like we were walking into a home of a close friend. It was warm, inviting, and smelled of incredible creations. Troy welcomed us and immediately filled our wine glasses and took us to our room. The room was immaculate: chandeliers, lovely linens, beautiful furniture, handmade soaps, and our personal favorite, the over-sized jetted tub. Breakfast both days was equivalent to our favorite swanky place in DC with very creative dishes that completely satisfied us. On Saturday we toured three vineyards with people from the B&B and had an amazing time. Troy picked out the vineyards for us to see and gave us vouchers for free tastings and food! That evening hor d'oeuvres, wine, and socializing with our new friends was wonderful. We walked to dinner where Kathleen had made reservations for us at Elmwood at Sparks and had the best filet mignon either of us had ever had. The quality was amazing and the prices were great! Our last morning waking up we were both a little sad that this amazing dream we were both having would soon come to an end. Thank you Kathleen and Troy for making our little romantic weekend getaway seem like an entire vacation far away from our busy everyday lives. We are already planning our next trip back!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kate D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orange
Comfort Inn & Suites Orange
Mayhurst Inn
#5 of 8 in Orange
Holladay House Bed and Breakfast
The Inn at Willow Grove

Been to Chestnut Hill Bed & Breakfast Inn? Share your experiences!