“Incredibly relaxing, wonderful service, great food”

The Inn at Willow Grove
Ranked #4 of 8 Orange B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 29, 2011

My husband and I went for a long weekend. Dinner in the pub Friday night was casual and food was interesting and tasty. Saturday night dinner in the restaurant was excellent. Brunch Sunday morning was fabulous! We planned to venture out in Orange County, but ended up relaxing on the beautiful grounds.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 21, 2011

My fiancé and I traveled to Orange, VA to get married and had the great fortune to dine at the Inn at Willow Grove. The décor was grand and the service was attentive and spectacular. The menu encompassed a broad range of items from both land and sea and all were prepared wonderfully with great detail. Honestly, I am a bit of a food snob, and was expecting something to be out of sorts but it was not. Each course was prepared to perfection and delicious! Typically when you dine at a restaurant that has a very creative/fancy menu, the portion size is typically disproportionate to the price. Here, this is the exact opposite. The size of the portions were huge!!! Kudos to the management team and especially the Chef…..it was a wonderful experience that is worth repeating! Highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 15, 2011

Staff was excellent, the rooms were perfect. The new renovations are wonderful. Will be back. My only suggestion is you guys need a pool!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2011

I just returned from a girl’s weekend and can’t stop talking about the Inn at Willow Grove. It was fabulous!!! We stayed in the Tenant Cottage which is sheer luxury. Heated bathroom floors, a deep soaking tub, exquisitely decorated rooms and a fantastic wrap around porch which was perfect for relaxing in the evening with our assorted teas and fresh sweet treats delivered by the Butler. The Butler also delivered hot fresh beignets and luscious coffee every morning as well as provided turn down service in the evening. We were totally spoiled! The Inn’s grounds were perfectly landscaped and just beautiful for a lovely walk…so serene. The staff was warm and friendly providing outstanding service and loved talking about the history of the Inn. The restaurant….ohhhh the restaurant, my mouth still waters when I think of the scrumptious meals! I highly recommend the grilled strip sirloin with the truffled mac n’ cheese…it is total goodness. This was the perfect getaway weekend and we are already planning our return! There is plenty to do in the area: skyline drive, spas, hiking, horseback riding, wineries, sky diving, shopping, and plenty for history buffs as well. I am counting down the days until we return.
My favorite thing about our girl’s weekend: The Inn at Willow Grove.
My least favorite thing about our girl’s weekend: Having to leave The Inn at Willow Grove.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 26, 2011

My friend and I wanted to do a "girls getaway" weekend. We really needed some R&R, some "me" time away from our busy schedules and careers. A friend recommended The Inn at Willow Grove, so we checked out their website and thought it looked like a nice place to go. A nice place to go? We had NO idea! This place was so fabulous, IT WAS LIKE WE'D DIED AND GONE TO HEAVEN! The 18th century architecture was unbelieveably beautiful and the mixture of contemporary and antique decor was absolutely gorgeous. From the artwork, to the custom draperies, from the stone tile heated bathroom floors, to the soaking tub, from the gas fireplace to the wrap around porch, from the beautifully landscaped gardens to the sounds of the bull frogs croaking in the evening, everything was absolutely five star! Oh, did I mention the Inn's Vintage Restaurant? Chef Jason Daniels, prepared some of the best meals I have ever had. We originally planned to have dinner there the first evening and then try some of the towns local resturants during the remainder of our stay. After our first dinner, we were completely hooked. We ate ever meal at Vintage during our entire stay. The brunches, appetizers, salads and dinners were so delectable.........again it was like we'd died and gone to heaven. It absolutely blows my mind (and my tastebuds) how Chef Jason can get so much flavor into a dish. The food and wines were so fabulous and the presentation absolutely beautiful. The menu changes with the seasons. And please make sure to save room for dessert. I recommend the Apple Tart with Vanilla Ice Cream! Now for the service, the entire staff was so helpful and very warm and friendly. They were eager to please their guests and extremely knowledgeable about the inn and it's history. Lastly, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention Gene and Lita, our concierge butlers who would bring us french pressed coffee and beignets in the morning and tea and sweet treats in the evening when they came to do turndown service. French pressed coffee and beignets...........I have died and gone to heaven!!!! I honestly can't say enough wonderful things about The Inn At Willow Grove. If you're looking for a fabulous place to relax and unwind, whether its with your friends, family, or that special someone I definitely would recommend this place. For those interested in more than relaxation and fabulous wines and food, there is also lots to do within close proximity to The Inn (e.g. horseback riding, touring the wineries, hiking, antiquing, sightseeing, etc.).

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank KFox1504
Reviewed June 26, 2011

I often dine at this restaurant with an impeccable service and amazing menu. Our party came the night the new menu was introduced as i expected the chef impressed my fussy French born pallet. The green salad with a touch of vanilla incorporated with the dressing and a touch of blue cheese was a delight, i had a chicken breast with a blueberry glaze accompanied with quinoa. The service is excellent and the staff welcomes you back and remembered my name. The owners were in the restaurant tasting the new menu. It is rare to find owners wanting to reach perfection in customers satisfaction, again this restaurant succeeded in impressing this fussy Frenchman.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed June 13, 2011

My wife and I booked the "Schoolhouse" at the Inn at Willow Grove for a last minute anniversary getaway. First of all I was surprised that we could book a room for just one night on Saturday night of Memorial Day weekend. That was a plus.

A couple of years ago my wife drove by the inn and we weren't impressed. The thing that bothered me the most is that is was right off a main road so it wasn't as "secluded" a destination as I generally prefer. Our stay far exceeded my expectations.

The Schoolhouse was beautifully renovated and very comfortable. For some the 2nd floor bedroom might be an issue but not for us. Everything was 1st class. First class comes with a cost, however. It is not cheap. But the owners have done everything to provide great service in a luxurious setting.

Dinner and our service was excellent. The price of dinner seemed very reasonable also. After our main course our waiter allowed us to sit outside by the gas fire pits and eat dessert (It was a beautiful night!).

Grounds and buildings were all beautifully done. The property is a short drive to Charlottesville and Culpeper for shopping and site seeing.

The only "con" was that I was surprised that breakfast was not included in the room rate. Just about every other "inn" or "B & B" where we have stayed included breakfast so that was a surprise, especially given the price of the room.

We would definitely stay there again. One of the nicest inns around!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orange
Comfort Inn & Suites Orange
#5 of 8 in Orange
Inn at Westwood Farm
Inn at Westwood Farm
#3 of 8 in Orange

Been to The Inn at Willow Grove? Share your experiences!