Inn at Westwood Farm
$95
Mayhurst Inn(Orange)
$199
$199
Holiday Inn Express Orange(Orange)(Great Value!)
$99
Shenandoah Crossing(Gordonsville)(Great Value!)
$109
$65
$77
All reviewsfresh flowersattention to detailflower arrangementsmy husband and imedia roomloved our stayoutdoor activitiesgracious hostsawesome weekendlittle detailslook forward to a return visittop notchgranolabeautiful sceneryguest roomsblueberry pancakesthe barn
Reviewed August 25, 2010

peaceful, restful, bucolic, relaxing, delicious, beautiful, perfection. . .ideal getaway!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 27, 2010

My husband and I planned a weekend get away to the country just to relax. Even though we live in the country, we needed time away and didn't want to go to a city and stay in a hotel. We stay almost exclusively in b&b's when we travel and were not disappointed with our choice. Elizabeth was out of town the weekend of our stay and Jay was solo inn keeper. He fixed fabulous breakfasts and was always available for questions and recommendations. He even provided us with free wine tastings at Barboursville. The inn has one of the most soothing and relaxing decor's of any inn where we have stayed. Loved the home made soap so much I even bought some to bring home. There is nothing pretentious about this inn and the owners obviously take pride in what they do. I like the owners living at the inn and truly opening their home to make you feel welcome.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank VirginiaByebyebirdie
Reviewed July 21, 2010

We chose The Inn at Westwood Farm at the last minute, and are so glad we did. In my haste to book such a lovely place, I missed the fact that the room I booked, no. 203, did not have an en-suite bathroom. Upon our arrival, in this most beautiful area of Virginia, we were greeted by Jay, our host for the weekend. After giving us a brief history of the house, we were shown upstairs to our room. Jay had realized my error, and immediately offered to upgrade us to room 204. We were immediately struck by his kindness and regard. We were most pleased to accept the change in room.

Room no. 204 is a very large room, painted a restful shade of blue. The queen size bed was bedecked in a snow white duvet. The closet was the largest I've ever seen in any hotel or B&B. The bathroom overlooks rolling hills comprising the 15 acres upon which the farmhouse sits. To the right of the billiard green lawn is the cutest red barn, ever. I told Jay that this was the best view from any bathroom I'd ever seen. We also had a number of tables and chests, with good lighting and a selection of reading materials to help us enjoy our stay.

Other rooms available for the guests' use is a library, with views over the front lawn, a media room complete with a large, flat screen TV, and a large, comfortable living room. There are extremely comfortable chairs on both the front porch and the back deck, so visitors can choose their view. We watched a thunderstorm from the front porch, and were so comfortable, we almost fell asleep!

After unpacking, we came downstairs, and immediately fell into conversation with Jay. To quote Jane Austen's novel, Persuasion, "My idea of good company...is the company of clever, well-informed people, who have a great deal of conversation, that is what I call good company." "You are mistaken, said he gently, that is not good company, that is the best." That is how we felt about the company of Jay and Elizabeth.

The breakfasts were divine. Not only was the quality of the food of the highest order, but the presentation was perfect. We had eggs straight from the henhouse and bacon specially delivered by Jay's sister from Pennsylvania. The first morning, we had sweet peaches and blue berries topped with home-made sorbet, followed by their version of eggs benedict. The second morning, we had a smoothie made from orange juice, banana and papaya followed by french toast. Before breakfast, we were able to drink their excellent coffee, which had been brought at 7:00 to the upstairs landing. All made for a very enjoyable stay.

There is much to see and do in the area. We toured James Madison's plantation Montpelier and the nearby towns of Orange and Gordonsville. A number of wineries are also located nearby, but we did not have a chance to tour them, leaving it for another trip.

We cannot recommend this most excellent B&B highly enough. We felt like Jay and Elizabeth had gone out of their way to provide a most comfortable nest in which to cosset their guests.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 7, 2010

I want to write a review which is also a thank you to the owners of the Westwood Inn where my daughter was married in May 2010. Weddings can be difficult and emotionally draining but this occasion was perfect, yes, I said perfect. I attribute much of that to the beautiful and deliberately created accomodations designed by Elizabeth and Jay, owners and Innkeepers of the Westwood Inn. I was actually happily distracted by the setting, the inspiring appointments, and the sublime food (especially breakfast in the garden!!) . Ihad not one complaint and many deeply felt compliments regarding our stay-JM

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 2, 2010

We're more hotel people than B&B types, wary of the forced intimacy and nights in what feels like Grandma's old bedroom. So I'm thrilled to say how Westwood Farm blew us away. The design and amenities equal the best hotels. (We were there during a major heatwave and the climate control in our generously sized room was outstanding). The layout offers tons of public space, indoors and out. But, of course as so many reviews accurately say, it's Elizabeth and Jay who really seal the deal. They're cordial, engaging, and quick to respond to any request. They read our interests like a book and proactively offered some very intuitive suggestions we were glad to take. I'd go back in a second -- and certainly will, hopefully when milder weather will let us eat those fabulous breakfasts on the terrace with its nice views.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple