“Great Experience”

Ranked #4 of 8 Orange B&B and Inns
Lake Wylie, South Carolina
“Great Experience”
Reviewed July 14, 2011

We stayed at the Inn for two nights. Jay and Elizabeth couldn't have been nicer. They made reservations for us at Monticello for the tour of the estate, and dinner at one of the local restaurants. The Inn is 5 minutes from James Madison's Montpelier. Breakfast with their farm fresh eggs is outstanding. Don't miss the homemade cookies. We stayed at the Inn on our way up to Philadelphia and the Jersey Shore, and it became the highlight of our trip

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Ashburn, Virginia
Reviewed July 12, 2011

My wife and I recently stayed at the Inn at Westwood Fam. Before I had even set foot on their beautiful grounds Elizabeth put together the most wonderful itinerary for my wife and I to visit several wineries in the area. Once we arrived at the Inn we were greeted by Jay who took us on a tour of their magnificent house and gave us a brief history about the house and the area. After a few minutes relaxing outside we were invited to enjoy a few glasses of locally bottled wine and delicious appetizers. After a perfect dinner at Pomme, we came back to a very relaxing night sleep. The breakfast provided in the morning was to die for. I highly recommend this B&B and will definitely be back!

Springfield, Virginia
Reviewed July 9, 2011

Fantastic place! The extras (sumptuous towels, farm fresh flowers, handmade soap, luxurious robes, etc) make you feel like royalty. The food was amazing- from the local wine and cheese to the breakfasts and the late night cookies. Elizabeth and Jay provide light conversation and perfect recommendations (for restaurants, sight seeing, etc). The grounds are the most relaxing retreat from everyday life. Truly a slice of heaven on earth!

Room Tip: Stayed in room 204. Great size. Loved the ceiling fan.
pittsburgh, pennsylvania, usa
Reviewed July 8, 2011

I stayed at the Inn at Westwood Farm in 2008 while visiting Montpelier, the home of James Madison. I was delighted that my husband could accompany me this time. We visited Montpelier, which was restored by the National Trust for Historic Preservation, and also toured Monticello. We had a delightful day in Charlottesville, which literally has 20 used bookstores, the definition of heaven for any writer. We had a great tasting at Keswick Vineyards, a good dinner one night in Orange and an excellent meal at Pomme in Gordonsville. Elizabeth and Jay have thought of every detail. Food is excellent, rooms are in top condition, flower arrangements are artful, Fret sheets are divine. The mature trees on this gorgeous property are amazing. Don't forget to visit the chicken coop and meet Ziggy, the Rooster.

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed June 29, 2011

The bucolic setting of this Inn was perfectfor rest and relaxation. The innkeepers, Elizabeth and Jay, were very welcoming and solicitous of our needs. My wife loved the gourmet breakfasts and flower arrangememnts in every room. I enjoyed the very comfortable bed and the extra rooms, like the library and sitting room. The Inn was centrally located for sightseeing.

Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed June 21, 2011

Throughout the years my husband and I have checked out a number of bed & breakfasts in the VA region and this, BY FAR, was our favorite. The Inn Keepers were incredibly nice and incredibly helpful. But most of all, the whole place was so relaxing - I sat on the porch for hours reading my book and staring at the view of the foothills. And at night my husband and I enjoyed visiting the horses and chickens and walking through the property. Little details especially make this place great - the continual availability of bottled water and soft drinks, fresh fruit, and nightly wine and appetizers. Lovely interiors, with lots of fresh flowers everywhere. And plenty of room to relax. A truly wonderful place. I can't wait to go back.

Virginia, USA
Reviewed June 19, 2011

Thoroughly enjoyed a mid-week 2 night stay. Elizabeth and Jay have created a peaceful and relaxing oasis with ultra-comfy beds, inviting common areas, delicious fresh breakfasts, and incredible hospitality. While the surrounding area has much to offer (wineries, antique shops, Civil War battefields) the best experience is sitting on the front porch with a good book and eating an awesome oatmeal cookie. This is one of the best B&B stays I've experienced.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orange
Holiday Inn Express Orange
Mayhurst Inn
#5 of 8 in Orange
Holladay House Bed and Breakfast
Chestnut Hill Bed & Breakfast Inn

Been to Inn at Westwood Farm? Share your experiences!