“Wonderful high tea in beautiful grounds”
Review of Katers Restaurant

Katers Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
Description: In Katers you can expect to see the very best of amazing local Artisan produce, cooked with respect, using techniques old and new, dishes that showcase elegance and sophistication, refinement and true flavours of our region. We have the largest kitchen garden in the region growing our own garden vegetables, herbs and edible flowers onsite, truly giving you a taste of the freshest local produce direct from the source. Open from 6pm daily, we recommend booking ahead to avoid disappointment.
nsw
“Wonderful high tea in beautiful grounds”
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Went here for high tea for my mothers 70th birthday. We were all made to feel incredibly welcome especially my mother. We were placed in our own private dining room with just a single waitress who was not only very warm but also very funny. She was attentive and with her casual wit felt like one of the family not merely a staff member. Her attention to us was equally measured by the attention to detail the kitchen staff must have had in preparing our high tea. It was lovely. I can honestly say I had the best scones I have ever eaten in my life (sorry mum). They were fluffy and light with a nice crust. Yum. My only real negative would be there was more sweet than savory and most of the sweets whilst incredibly delicious were also incredibly rich. All in all this was a truly lovely experience in a beautiful setting were my mother was made to feel extra special on this special day. Thanks peppers.

• Visited May 2014
Jesse K, General Manager at Katers Restaurant, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Hello foodies1,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent high tea. Liz certainly is fantastic isnt she? I will pass on your fantastic feedback to our kitchen and service teams.

Sydney, Australia
“This is a really nice restaurant”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Great food, beautifully presented and attentive staff. We didn't have the degustation but everything we ordered was beautiful. Unfortunately there were some large tables that came in after us so we felt like our meal was rushed a bit but otherwise a very nice evening.

1 Thank trishandgrant
Hello trishandgrant,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent dinner - I am glad that you enjoyed your evening and the cuisine.
Batemans Bay, Australia
“Degustation Delight Costs”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

If you have a Luxury Escape stay at Peppers then this dinner is a taste sensation. The Pork Belly & the Duck & the Scallops were my favourites but it was all delicious. Luxury Escapes gives you $100 towards the $218 cost. Is it worth it? It was for two people so maybe. Would it be worth $218 instead of $118 with the voucher? I wouldn't pay this. The food wasn't worth all those dollars. The High Tea is part of the Deal with the Luxury Escapes package of 3 nights. If you just walked in off the street, crunchy driveway, would you pay $42 per head? Nup, not me.The dinner service was very good. The waiter knew his wines and all the tapas-like servings for the degustation. The breakfast at $20 per head was excellent buffet style. Extra on top of the accommodation package. Loaded with good breakfast stuff including pretty good coffee.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank longbich
Hello longbich,
Thank you for your feedback on your recent dining experiences. At Katers we focus on providing top quality cuisine with top end local produce in a fantastic setting. I am so glad that you appreciated the high standard of what we provide. I take on board your comments regarding pricing. We regularly review our pricing compared to our competitors to ensure we remain competitive at all times, however do provide a premium product.
Geelong, Australia
“Classy and enjoyable”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Very good service, good selection for all courses, good selection of local wines. Very enjoyable meal that was worthy of its high rating

1 Thank Drew49
Jesse K, General Manager at Katers Restaurant, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Hello Drew49,
I am so glad you enjoyed your meal and appreciated the amazing local produce and wines we have available to us here in the Southern Highlands. I look forward to seeing you again soon!
All the best,
Canberra, Australia
“Not Quite There”
Reviewed May 7, 2014

The Degustation menu was a great idea that did not quite live up to expectation. There appeared to be considerable delay between courses and maybe being a Tuesday they were light on for staff.

1 Thank PW03
Hello PW03,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent dining experience. I am so sorry that this did not live up to your expectations; the degustation menu is something that we pride ourselves on here at Katers Restaurant. I will pass your feedback on to our Food and Beverage Manager to investigate and follow up with her team to ensure this is addressed for future dinner services.