Eling Forest Cafe
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 11, 2014

This is an exceptional cafe halfway between Sydney and Canberra. Their food is top quality. Worth the stop.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

We stopped by intentionally on my birthday for a breakfast on the way to Sydney. The food is always lovely, although some orders, coffee and toast, a little slow for oy people in cafe.
The thing that made our visit most uncomfortable was how cold it was. The room would have been no more than 5 degrees and clearly struggling to get the fire going. Put some heaters on, make your customers comfortable. Will think twice about an early meal on a cold morning.

Jenelle Z, Owner at Eling Forest Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2013

Dear patron,
I do apologise for your recent visit to our cafe in which you found the heating in the cafe not to be of our usual standard. On that paticular morning we struggled to light the fire as the delivery of wood that morning was not seasoned properly.
We did use the air conditioners for heating which can take time to heat up. We have had a new batch of wood which is alight as we speak and burns well. hope this explains our situation on that particular morning.
The irony to this story is that today is a beatiful day with glorious sunshine and no one wnats to sit near the fire. Thankyou and regards, Chris.

Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Drive past every time we drive to Canberra decided to stop and have lunch. It was really good. Food was delicious and I had the Apple Cider very tasty brought some to take home. Nothing was too much trouble and they even fixed a special sandwich for my grandson. A lot of history articles to look at while you sit and relax in front of a beautiful open fire and wait for the food.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

I discovered this cafe winery by accident on my way to Canberra. The fruit tart is spectacular as the fruit is grown on their farm and only fresh ingredients are used in their food. All the food I have had was a taste sensation served in a lovely environment. The wine I had which I think was a semillon was different and flavoursome. I have been back four times and taken visitors from New Zealand and they loved it. Consistent and lovely service I will be back.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I love this place. It is always a pleasure to pull off the Hume Highway and meander up the lovely driveway to this restaurant with its lovely gardens, outdoor settings and warm tables indoors beside a cosy log fire. Everything about it offers the perfect contrast to the bustling city of Sydney you only left 90 minutes beforehand. The peaceful rural setting, the great service and delicious food is such a startling contrast to the rest stop up the road with McDonalds and the others. There's no comparison. I always have a latte and a chicken and mushroom filo pastry pie with a fresh garden salad as it is a winner. I would hate to se this place get too busy but I think they deserve a rap.