“Insufficient food poor service”

Valentino's Woodfire Pizzeria Restaurant
Ranked #209 of 323 Restaurants in Penrith
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Select the restaurant for a Xmas party, was advised we would be best for everyone if we elected to have the buffet. We chose the $48 buffet. The salad was bought out dinner plates, perhaps enough for two on each. There were four plates for 23 people, most got only two our three leaves the lucky ones scoring an olive or piece of tomato. There were 6 dinner plates of pasta for our 23 people four given to nine people and 2 for the remaining 16 we had to battle to get water in the
table all night the service what there was if it was slow everyone went home hungry food was mediocre in quality. I Have never written a review before but this was so bad I had too. Was not good at all

3  Thank Stephanie F
There are newer reviews for Valentino's Woodfire Pizzeria Restaurant

Reviewed December 22, 2013

Valentinos Penrith has lovely food, and it was a friendly and welcoming environment when first arriving, but that was quickly ruined by the staff, one staff member in particular. The waitress was rude when answering a simply question, replying with a snide remark, and then proceeded to stare at my group all night, making me in particular very uncomfortable. The other staff were polite, but could be a little more enthusiastic and friendly. I would return to Valentinos, although it would be preferred if they mentioned staff member weren't rostered on.

1  Thank m_3796
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Being Italian myself i know good food when i eat it and i am never disappointed with my meals here!
Restaurant itself could maybe use a bit of a facelift as its a bit drab but i continually come back as it is tasty, good service and local to my area.
Nice for events such as birthday dinners.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Had a birthday celebration paid $35 per person for 27 family and friends only to get 4 small pasta's, 4 garlic pizzas and 4 meat lovers pizzas!!!! To then have the girl from the resturant come up and asked if that was enough food!!! REALLY! most of the people there were grown men who would eat 1 pizza alone! After being completely gobsmacked by her question I did mention that we would need more pizza, only to have 2 more pizza's come out after 25 mins of waiting!! I Would not recomend going to this place, nor will I ever go back!!

3  Thank Pepper2092
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Went for dinner saturday night(oh and Tuesday night after melbourne cup).
Tuesday was with the wife-saturday with friends.The hole dinning experience has been great.
We have been going to Valentinos for a while now,they were originally in a smaller restaurant in high st Penrith a few years back.the Restaurant is a lot bigger and has a great atmosphere.
Saturday we booked at the last minute but the managed to get us in as it was pretty booked.
We were given a small table for 4 people and asked if there were any others by chance.
The waiter had a look but informed that sorry all others were pre booked.(Which we accepted)
After we had finished a garlic pizza as a starter,the waiter had been cleaning a larger table next to us ,(once previous dinners had finished) and offered to move all our plates<glasses etc to this table.Nothing is to hard or they with accomadate where ever possible.
Every time we have dinned here we have had a great dinner.Food and service.
Weekends can get busy, so may pay to book ahead.look forward to returning.

1  Thank everywhereman777