“good value”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Went to dinner last night and once again left very satisfied with our meal.
We do go regular to this restaurant as the prices are very good and the food is quite nice.
I have tried all others around the penrith area and always end up back here.
Some of the dishes are a bit bland for our palate but we just stick to others that we enjoy,the butter chicken is to creamy and not enough flavour so we go the mango chicken instead.
The staff are always friendly and the restaurant is not overly busy on most nights so you get your meal in good time.they also offer byo wine which is always a plus.
Some other restaurants might offer a little more traditional dishes to choose from as there are different flavours depending if its from the north or south of India.
The is a good place to go as a couple-with friends or as a group and never breaks the budget.

1  Thank everywhereman777

Reviewed July 30, 2012

I remember this story as we decided to try out a new Indian restaurant in the Penrith region. The place was located in a small alleyway which made me wonder as to how the restaurant would serve up, however I was pleasantly surprised when entered at the customer service. The food was above average, however the customer service, friendliness was top notch. Being a lover of all things spicy, I decided to try one of their 'Hot' dishes. When asked by management if it was good, I said I wish it could have been more spicy. Immidiately the dish was taken back to the kitchen and returned. When I tasted the new dish the spicyness was simply too much to handle. When asked again if it was right, I mumbled an embarrrased 'Its now too hot' and again immidiately the dish was taken away and returned. When it came back it was just right. I was amazed at this as usually 'Annoying' customers aren't dealt well by management. As this story was above normal, I feel this would highlight one of the little things that stands out in the minds of customers, so sharing my story might be more useful than a traditional/conventional review.

1  Thank Ryan D
Reviewed November 17, 2011

Not a bad place but nothing special
standard menu for an Indian - and the flabours are good.
Great for a cheap and cheerful night out for some Indian or a night with friends.
Location is good parking is reasonable

Reviewed August 21, 2011

My first visit to Tamleni as part of a group of about 20 (mixed adults and kids) on a busy Saturday night.

Overall, they did pretty good with the service as part of our group arrived and left at different times.

I liked the idea of being able to choose your own mixed entrée plate for two (a mixture of virtually any three dishes on the entrée menu) at a very reasonable price.

The food came out reasonable quickly after ordering and whilst it wasn’t the best Indian food I’ve eaten, it was quite acceptable, tasty, and the portions were huge.

The staff seemed eager to assist with all of our requests, and the prices were on the low side for the amount of food we received.

It’s Licensed, but you can BYO.

Worth a return visit.

Reviewed April 18, 2010

This is a value for money restaraunt where the food is not compramised by the low price .
The staff are freindly, helpfull and obliging ,highly recomended for food and price.