“The experience of skydiving without exiting an airplane.”
Review of iFLY Downunder

iFLY Penrith: Indoor Skydiving
Ranked #1 of 9 Fun & Games in Penrith
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: IFLY Downunder is an Australian first - one of the world's largest Indoor Skydiving facilities is open in Sydney! Suspended on a column of air, anyone from the age of 3 to 103 can now experience human flight in our indoor skydiving simulator. FREE Viewing Gallery - visitors welcome.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Stairs / elevator, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase
Sydney, Australia
“The experience of skydiving without exiting an airplane.”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

This facility is top class and the experience of indoor skydiving amazing.
As I have previous experience with this sport,I recommend this venue to everybody
young and all, male and female that want to experience this sport first hand.
Great for families and children groups.
To all out there enjoy.
Cheers.

20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Great family fun”
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

The experience was great and we all really enjoyed it, especially the high fly where you go right to the top and plummet down again. Jonathan was a great instructor.
The only negative was it was a bit pricy as well as the "add-on" costs, $10 extra to do the high fly, $10 for one photo to be emailed to you, add $80 to you $440 family rate and that's a very expensive 1/2 hour, thank goodness the video came in the family package!

1 Thank Cathy H
Brisbane, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Overpriced”
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

The actual flying was fantastic but way over priced. No where in all the promotion is it stated that for 2 minutes you pay $110. People are taken in by all the American styled PR. Great if you have deep pockets if you have a family of four and want to experience free fall.
John. Brisbane

5 Thank John M
Brett S, Manager at iFLY Downunder, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
We regret to hear that the flight experience did not live up to all of your expectations. The standard 2 flight package is usually sufficient time for the beginner flyer to get a good taste of body flight. Many people do wish to upgrade their package to include extra flights or come back to fly again in order to continue their training. We also offer some great specials for returning flyers.

The time you spend in the wind tunnel is simulating the free-fall portion of a skydive and each 50 second flight is a little longer than you would get in a traditional skydive before deploying the canopy.

Like with any sport, indoor skydiving becomes easier with practice and even more enjoyable the more comfortable you become as you increase your flight skills.

We really appreciate your feedback and will build it into future ways of promoting and delivering our product. We are a proud Australian company and want to ensure we can bring the experience of bodyflight to every Australian. Being the first in Australia means there may be some teething challenges as we strive to ensure it is the best experience possible.

We hope that you will consider giving indoor skydiving another try next time you are in the area!
Brisbane, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Worth the trip from Sydney to Penrith”
Reviewed June 20, 2014

I was recently in Sydney for a weekend and had pre-booked a flight at iFly without realising how long it takes to travel to Penrith by train and back to the domestic airport. The staff at iFly were super helpful in changing my time and making sure I was at the start of the group so I could leave straight away. I loved it and would highly recommend for any age, there were 2 young girls in my group who would have only been 3 and 5 and they were fantastic! I have done skydiving before and this was infinitely more relaxing and enjoyable without having to worry about alti's and chutes. A lot of fun, I'll definitely be going back for some longer fly time next time.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank 376Cath
Sydney
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Big Units Can Fly after all”
Reviewed June 20, 2014

My family (at my request) bought me the deluxe package as a 50 something birthday present. @ 100kg, I asked the instructor (Jason I think) make sure he had fed the hamsters well and made them run a little harder to ensure I didn't embarrass myself and was kept off the ground. They did, and what a hoot! It is a truly amazing feeling and if you follow the instructors advice, you get a lot out of the brief time you are flying. (BTW I have not intention of jumping out of a perfectly good aeroplane any time soon). Photo and video purchases are over the top though. Tips, spend the extra $10 and get the instructor to take you up the tube (twice), also bring your own USB and save $10 on photo/video costs. - Have family and friends video instead. It's the best fun!

Visited June 2014