“Worth the trip from Sydney to Penrith”
Review of iFLY Downunder

iFLY Penrith: Indoor Skydiving
Ranked #1 of 10 Fun & Games in Penrith
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: IFLY Downunder is an Australian first - one of the world's largest Indoor Skydiving facilities is open in Sydney! Suspended on a column of air, anyone from the age of 3 to 103 can now experience human flight in our indoor skydiving simulator. FREE Viewing Gallery - visitors welcome.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Stairs / elevator, Lockers / storage
Reviewed June 20, 2014

I was recently in Sydney for a weekend and had pre-booked a flight at iFly without realising how long it takes to travel to Penrith by train and back to the domestic airport. The staff at iFly were super helpful in changing my time and making sure I was at the start of the group so I could leave straight away. I loved it and would highly recommend for any age, there were 2 young girls in my group who would have only been 3 and 5 and they were fantastic! I have done skydiving before and this was infinitely more relaxing and enjoyable without having to worry about alti's and chutes. A lot of fun, I'll definitely be going back for some longer fly time next time.

1  Thank 376Cath

Reviewed June 20, 2014

My family (at my request) bought me the deluxe package as a 50 something birthday present. @ 100kg, I asked the instructor (Jason I think) make sure he had fed the hamsters well and made them run a little harder to ensure I didn't embarrass myself and was kept off the ground. They did, and what a hoot! It is a truly amazing feeling and if you follow the instructors advice, you get a lot out of the brief time you are flying. (BTW I have not intention of jumping out of a perfectly good aeroplane any time soon). Photo and video purchases are over the top though. Tips, spend the extra $10 and get the instructor to take you up the tube (twice), also bring your own USB and save $10 on photo/video costs. - Have family and friends video instead. It's the best fun!

1  Thank PLCSydney
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Great for perfecting your skydiving skills - Great helpful staff, world class instructors. Highly recommended'

2  Thank John D
Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

Really really good would recommend Ifly
to anyone who wants to try something a bit different.

Not as big of a rush as real skydiving but loved every second.
Staff were super friendly and happy to give pointers and advice.

Reviewed May 3, 2014

I am an experienced skydiver so know what it is like to freefall, and iFly Downunder really simulates the feeling. I use it as a training tool to improve my skydiving however it is also for first timers. When I was flying there I saw some kids that must have been about 4 years old in there with their parents and loving it. I went with a few friends, the staff were all very polite and enthusiastic. I think it's the only one in Australia so is well worth the visit.

3  Thank pusherkim