“Disappointing”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Penrith
Melbourne, Australia
“Disappointing”
Reviewed November 23, 2010

Stayed at this hotel some years ago when it was a Holiday Inn. The hotel is alongside the Penrith Panthers Rugby Leagues Club, and used to have direct access to the Club and its restaurants and gaming facilities. Now, apart from at breakfast time, the access is closed off and it requires a bit of a walk outside from one to the other. OK on a nice day/night, but would be pretty ordinary in the wet/cold. Rooms were spacious, too big even, for one person, but offered all required facilities. One intrigiung thing though was that the shower/toilet did not have a door fitted. Breakfast is a strange buffet affair at the Club next door in one of their eateries. It was much better in the past and is only just ordinary now. The Club has many restaurants to choose from for dinner. Unfotunately the choice of hotels in this area is limited. Recommend if there is nothing better.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
PNRMGE, General Manager at Mercure Penrith, responded to this review, November 25, 2010
Dear Sir/Madam

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for staying at the Chifley Penrith Panthers during your recent visit to Penrith and finding the time to provide us with your feedback,
Here at the hotel, we pride ourselves on our commitment to delivering a level of service that exceeds our guests’ expectations.To learn that we have not been able to realise this commitment is disappointing and I would like to express my sincere apologies.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused by having to walk to the Club. As the Hotel is owned by a different Organisation it is a requirement that after Breakfast any guest who wish to visit the Club need to enter via the main entrance and sign in.Regarding the quality of the Buffet Breakfast I have forwarded your fcomments to the Managment who looks after that .

Once again thank you for your constructive feedback as this assists us to continually look at how we can improve the level of service that we provide to our guests.

Kind regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Tumut
Reviewed October 23, 2010

The quality of this motel was quite surprise from the outset. Friendly, quick and informative check in was only surpassed by the rooms. We had a standard room with 2 x double beds and plenty of room for 2 adults and 2 children. The rooms were clean and felt comfortable. Despite having some age on it, the rooms, grounds and faciltiites are well maintained and very fresh. This is a very affordable motel for a family break. Being next door to Panthers Leaugues Club is not a negative in fact it is a very kid freindly club and we spent a great night there enjoing the extensive resturants and entertainment. Good work Chifley after a feww shockers over recent weeks with other motels you top the bill.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
PNRMGE, General Manager at Mercure Penrith, responded to this review, October 25, 2010
Dear Sir/Madame
Here at the hotel, we pride ourselves on our commitment to delivering a level of service that exceeds our guests’ expectations. To learn that we have been able to realise this commitment is highly rewarding and I would like to express my sincere thanks for your comments.

Please let me assure you that your comments are very important to us and do assist us to continually look at how we can improve the level of service that we provide to our guests.

Little Hartley
Reviewed October 9, 2010

We were down in Sydney to see a play at the Opera House, and as we had an appointment in Western Sydney the next morning thought it would be more convenient to stay in Penrith. The check-in at 5pm was pleasant but we had to dash into town before checking our room. My complaints are all about minor details but the cumulative effect meant that our stay was not as enjoyable or restful as we had hoped. Issues were:
- noise from the club well into the early hours
- one tiny shampoo and conditioner bottle and one tiny bottle of body wash for two people.
- one smallish bath mat with a shower where the design meant the floor was flooded
- almost empty tissue box ( in hayfever season!)
- a mini bar that only had two bottles of beer ( was feeling like a glass of wine) and a small chocolate ( we missed out on supper in town).
- although we were back too late to expect room service availability I noted that room service seemed to consist of alcohol only and what was offered was very ordinary.
Next time, we will stay in Sydney.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
PNRMGE, General Manager at Mercure Penrith, responded to this review, October 17, 2010
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for staying at the Chifley Penrith Panthers during your recent visit to Penrith and also for finding the time to complete our survey form.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused by the shortcoming in service delivery during your stay.

Dubbo
Reviewed October 7, 2010

Have recently stayed at Chifley Penrith Panthers midweek for the second time in as many months. Trip was a short 2 night stay, purely a mother and daughter shopping and relaxing adventure. Could not fault any aspect of the hotel - the rooms were clean, the service excellent and sleeping was made easy as it was soooo quiet. (Weekends would probably be a little livelier if you are looking for that) Location is excellent - easy to find, short drive to Westfield Penrith (one of Sydney's best kept secrets!) and a pleasant train trip to the bigger Westfield at Parramatta. We even took advantage of the free shuttle from Panthers to Westfield Penrith. Dined both nights at the Italian Restaurant at Panthers which was excellent and within a couple of minutes walking distance. Loved the fact that no car is required in the evening but safety wasnt a concern. Teenage daughter was happy that Maccas and Krispy Kremes were close by - only a short (and safe) stroll away. Excellent stay, excellent service and a definite for a return trip!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for staying at the Chifley Penrith Panthers during your recent visit to Penrith and also for finding the time to complete our Guest Survey Form.Here at the hotel, we pride ourselves on our commitment to delivering a level of service that exceeds our guests’ expectations.

Yellow Rock
Reviewed June 6, 2010

I stayed here 1 year ago the cleaning was 100%

But this time i would never return to this hotel: the toilet was dirty, my sheets was not change when i checked in. When i ask a cleaner.... it told me "I dont work for the hotel i work for AHS" JUST GIVE ME CLEAN SHEETS I had to make the bed myself.... What is that about

I know Nepean Shores is old but it is Clean and they are friendy

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank theboysyellowrock
PNRMGE, General Manager at Mercure Penrith, responded to this review, June 17, 2010
Thank you very much feed back and comments regrading the standard in cleaning of the room.
Please accept out apologies for any inconvinience caused and we have taken steps to rectify the shortcomings.We appreciate out guestsc omments as this enables us to improve our service.
Sydney
Reviewed June 6, 2010

I've stayed at this hotel numerous times over the past 3 years and not once have I been disappointed and my last stay was no exception.

My parter and I stayed 2 nights in room 404, a spa suite on the 2nd and 3rd of June.

Check in was fast and friendly.

When we entered the room it had a really nice smell and was very spacious. Past visits to Spa suites in the hotel it was a studio lay out but this time we had a bedroom (with a nice big king bed) which was much appreciated. The bathroom was as big as a double bedroom. The spa itself was big enough for my bf and I and he is 6ft5.

We had a great mountain view from our windows.

The hotel is joined onto the club which is great as is has a number of restaurants and lots of entertainment.

House keeping done a great job when we went out, the room was very clean and fresh when we came back. They re-stocked everything in the bathroom which was a nice surprise.

There was a lot of children staying at the time we did (I think it was a soccer team) and we expected a lot of noise but we didn't hear a thing.

We loved our stay here and we will definitely be back.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

at how we can improve the level of service that we provide to our guests.

Sydney
Reviewed June 3, 2010

Stayed here on the 31st of May with a friend for one night in an Executive Room
Room included all these things: elax in a stylish, large and luxurious executive room. Queen bed, 26' LCD flat screen TV, Foxtel, tea/coffee making facilities, hairdryer & iron/board (which was advertised correctly. No bath, but shower and toilet with a sliding door and the basin was outside located next to the tea and coffee making facilities. Plenty of lighting, big window overlooking the swimming pool, aqua golf and a nice view of the Blue Mountains.
With having the local club at your doorstep along with many food outlets is always a good thing. The bed was very comfortable and no noise, so I indeed had a good night sleep.
Well be staying here again, as it's good value for money, staff were very nice room was clean and spotless, quick and easy check-in

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Penrith
Quality Inn Penrith
Ingenia Holidays Nepean River
Value Suites
Value Suites
#2 of 2 in Emu Plains

Been to Mercure Penrith? Share your experiences!