“A few little things...”
Review of Mercure Penrith

Mercure Penrith
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Penrith
Reviewed December 29, 2013

My first visit to the place in over 8 years, and I'm sure the decor has changed for the better. I recall this being part of the Panthers Club, and you could easily walk through the motel to the club. Now the walk is around this windy path--not terribly long, but for the elderly or frail it might be a little too far.
Might I make a few suggestions: supply a tea-towel; include a bit more variety in the mini-bar; cease the practice of knocking on the door each morning to check the mini-bar (next visit, I'm saying "no").
Our room, 501, was tucked away right at the end, with a small window and half a view. It was also a little bit small, but only a bit. Minor point.

Room Tip: If you're intending to use the Club next door, ask for a room nearer the centre of the motel. Yo...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Kristin C, General Manager at Mercure Penrith, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2014

Thankyou for taking the time to provide feedback from your recent stay with us at Chifley Penrith, where we strive to provide a memorable experience for each and every guest.

I am pleased to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you liked the changes that have taken place of the years since your last visit to us. Unfortunately we lost the direct access to the club after their refurbishment in 2008/09, however we are continuing to work with them to find a way to restore whilst maintaining their requirements under the Registered Clubs Act.

Our minibar offering in the room has been altered to provide the items that are most commonly used by guests. We are still happy to offer the other items that were previously in there, and these can be supplied with a call to Reception, who are also more than happy to provide a tea towel if needed.

I would like to thank you once again for your feedback and hope to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.

There are newer reviews for Mercure Penrith

Reviewed December 28, 2013

I have stayed at Chifley Penrith many times and have never been disappointed with the standard of the rooms and comfort of the stay. Being an older lady, I always ask for a room with out a bath, as I dislike having a shower over a bath tub as I have difficulty accessing the shower with out slipping in the tub.
The reception staff are reserved but polite.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Kristin C, General Manager at Mercure Penrith, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Thankyou for taking the time to provide feedback from your recent stay with us at Chifley Penrith, where we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable experience for each and every hotel guest.

It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed the time with us, and have done so on a number of occasions.

We look forward to seeing you back here for your next stay with us very soon.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

We stayed here for two nights. The rooms were clean, althought a tad small and not much to them. The worst part is no restaurant on site. For breakfast you have to walk through the back doors of the Panther Club next door. They do have a small bar for an evening drink. Not sure I woudl stay here again.

Room Tip: Try for a room near the Panther Club for breakfast.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Kristin C, General Manager at Mercure Penrith, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2013

Dear scvrose
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay at the Chifley Penrith. I note your comments about breakfast and we do have a unique arrangement with the Panthers club who provide a hot breakfast for our hotel guests as the hotel does not have the facility on site, this is in one of the 4 dining outlets inside the club. The hotel does offer a continental breakfast in the lobby or via room service each morning for the convenience of house guests.
Once again my thanks for this feedback and it will form part of our regular operational reviews.
Matthew
Manager - Hotel Operations.

Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 night's with my familyand although it was bot too bad, the price in which we payed definatly expected alot more, rooms are old and bathroom was really bad, old soggy shower curtain and taps were backwards..... the room was really large which is good and it was cleaned very well the receptionist were friendly and helpful when ours keys had issues the only thing is that they never explained anything about the hotel we were just checked in,filled paperwork and payed money then told our room was down the hall. I wouldnt stay there again due to value for money.

• Stayed: November 2013
Kristin C, General Manager at Mercure Penrith, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2013

Thankyou for taking the time to provide feedback from your recent stay with us at Chifley Penrith, where it is our aim to provide each and every guest with a memorable experience.

It is pleasing for me to hear that you were able to enjoy the spaciousness of your room, as well as teh warm and friendly service provided by the Reception team. I am sorry to hera that the rooms did not meet your expectations in terms of value. Rest assured we do regularly check ourselves against our competitors to ensure we are offering a value for money product.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Stayed here with my wife for three nights. Had a standard room that was quite comfortable and roomy. Reception staff were friendly and polite. The hotel is right next door to the Panthers Rugby League club where there is a number of restaurants for dining. A full buffet breakfast is served at the Panthers but you have to book at reception by midnight the night before. They also have a "grab and go" breakfast which can be purchased from reception. Otherwise there are many fast food outlets within walking distance. The hotel gym was better than most with a good selection of apparatus. There is also an outdoor swimming pool - unheated. Hotel rates are a bit on the expensive side for an establishment as this.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Kristin C, General Manager at Mercure Penrith, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2013

Thankyou for taking the time to provide feedback from your recent stay with us at Chifley Penrith, where we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable experince for each and every one of our guests.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and were able to take full advantage of the many outlets that we have here in the precinct.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

This is the third time we stayed here. The other two visits were one night and we stayed in upper level rooms. These rooms were comfortable and appeared clean, but the room was very noisy till very late at night and again very early in the morning. This stay we had an expensive room on the lower level for a three night stay, complete with outdoor courtyard. All started OK until we moved the pillows on the bed and found dried blood stains on a pillow slip, which had soaked through to the pillow. Reported to reception and received many apologies. Not a huge problem as we had our own pillows. Following morning, pulled bed covers back to make bed and found another dried blood stain on the bottom sheet. Thought maybe stain had not come out in laundry, but blood had soaked through to mattress protector underneath. Informed housekeeping, who apologised and replaced sheets (but not mattress protector) and pillow slips. I asked when sheets were changed and was told every 3 to 4 days !!!!!. I asked why not after each guest and did not receive any answer !!!! I thought this disgusting. The bathroom floor was filthy and did not looked as though it had been mopped for months. Glasses and cups were left dirty after use, as I thought the high price of the room included cleaning and washing of used utensils etc. The carpet had sand or similar in the pile getting onto bare feet, which indicates no vacuuming. The floors did not get cleaned during our three night stay. There were other problems with this room/hotel but I will just sound like a whinger if I keep going. The room was dirty and disgusting and not worth nowhere near the $220.00/night fee. I will never stay at this hotel again and will be informing anyone I know of this visit. I did not want any refund or reduction in the price. All I wanted was a clean comfortable room.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank IanM2612
Kristin C, General Manager at Mercure Penrith, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

It is very disappointing for me to read about the many different issues that you faced during your time with us. Firstly, I must reassure you that the information that the staff member gave you about the cleaning schedule is totally inaccurate. We do indeed change all linen in the room after each departure. I will be speaking with the staff member in question as to how and why they could give out such totally false information.

I would love the opportunity to further discuss the issues you raised, as well as the other issues you said you had not mentioned here. Please contact me at manager.penrith@chifleyhotels.com so we can talk further.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

We picked up an early bird special on an Executive room - spacious and clean. The view was towards the mountains and we didn't have any problems with noise etc. The bed was very comfortable.

Would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thankyou for taking the time to provide feedback from your recent stay with us at Chifley Penrith, where we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable experience for every guest.

It is great to hear that you had a wonderful time here with us, and that you were able to take advantage of the space in our Executive Rooms as well as enjoying the beautiful views.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

Kristin

Also consider these accommodations in or near Penrith
Quality Inn Penrith
Value Suites
Value Suites
#2 of 2 in Emu Plains
Ingenia Holidays Nepean River

Been to Mercure Penrith? Share your experiences!