“Thrilled with our stay”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Penrith
Central West NSW
“Thrilled with our stay”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I booked a nights accommodation with trepidation (previous reviews) as the location was perfect and I'm pleased to say that we ended up having the perfect experience.
Everyone we dealt with from booking over the phone with requests (which were all met) to check-in (Welsby is a credit to the Hotel) to housekeeping we passed in the corridor (full of smiles and greetings) to questions asked at reception (I didn't get names but they were lovely) and to check-out (Welsby again) were fantastic. We were made to feel very welcome.
The room was more than adequate for our needs, clean, spacious and uncluttered. The only thing I felt was missing was a small bin near the sink area, other than that, perfect!
We did do the breakfast next door at Hanks and loved it. It was a special occasion, so we splurged.
All up, you helped make this weekend away from the kids something to remember and we will return.

Room Tip: I asked for Non Smoking (They all are anyway), away from the lifts (I think the central lift gets th...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Kristin C, General Manager at Mercure Penrith, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thankyou for taking the time to provide feedback from your recent stay with us at Chifley Penrith, where it is our goal to provide a memorable experience for each and every guest.

It is delightful to hear that you had such a wonderful time with us, and that we could make your weekend away so enjoyable. It is particularly pleasing for me to hear about the wonderful service that you received from Welsby and the rest of the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back for your next getaway.

Kristin Carville

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Canberra
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at Chifley Penrith Panthers, as it was close to the Penrith Panthers Leagues Club next door where we were seeing a concert. It was much better than I expected, having booked a 'revitalised' room at a very good rate. Bed was only a double and very hard, but room had been refurbished so was more than adequate. Not luxurious but quite good for the price. Location couldn't have been better in terms of proximity to Club. Didn't have the breakfast at hotel, but walked to nearby fast food place for a cheap breakfast. All in all, would recommend if you want good value, without luxury. Suited us, as we were hardly in the room but wanted somewhere clean and modern.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AandKCanberra
Kristin C, General Manager at Mercure Penrith, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thankyou for taking the time to provide feedback from your recent stay with us at Chifley Penrith, where we strive to provde a memorable experience for each and every guests.

It is pleasing to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed the room you were in. We do have mattress toppers available for our guests if they do find our mattress to be too hard for their liking.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I stayed at this hotel as I was attending a conference at Panthers for 2 days. The reception staff were very unfriendly and unwelcoming to the point where when in our conference at least 6 other people commented on it and we all just had to laugh. My room had 2 beds in it and in the morning I turned one on to read but it didnt work, so I changed the bulb with the one that did work, but it still didnt work, then I tried the 3rd lamp and it did not work either. Other than that, the room was clean and presentable and the bed quite comfy.
Upon departure I ran into the room cleaner and she was just lovely, she was friendly and cheerful, my colleague and I both commented that she should be given a job at reception!!

Room Tip: Try to avoid anything near the lft as I did hear the ding so many time through out the evening.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thankyou for taking the time to provide feedback from your recent stay with us at Chifley Penrith, where it is our aim to provide every hotel guest with a memorable experience.

It is terribly disappointing for me to hear that we were not able to achieve this during your stay, and even more so to hear that it was the service side of the stay that was the let down. This is a totally unacceptable level of service, and I will be addressing this issue with the team. It is pleasing to hear that you did get friendly service from the housekeeper, and that you enjoyed the comfort of your room.

We hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kristin
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I was here for a total period of about 2 month for work. I found the rooms to be generally clean and quiet. The rooms near the elevator can be a bit noisy.
The location is good and close to the panthers club where I had most of my meals. Due to my early starts in the morning, I had mostly in room breakfast around 6am, and for the duration of my entire stay, I can count on one hand how many times they actually got my order correctly.
The staff were friendly, and obviously knew us by the end of our stay. The barman, Paul, was amazing. He was friendly, and his service was predictive and unobtrusive.
On another note, the air condition was terrible, it was either boiling hot (i.e. heater comes on), or freezing cold.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Kristin C, General Manager at Mercure Penrith, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thankyou for taking the time to provide feedback from your recent stay with us at Chifley Penrith, where we strive to provide every guest with a memorable experience.

It is pleasing for me to hear that you were able to enjoy a number of teh feacilities and features here in the hotel, but it is particularly pleasing for me to hear that the staff, in particular Paul, were so warm and welcoming and made you feel at home while you were here with us.

I am sorry to hear that there were some issues with your air conditioning, and that there were repeated errors with your room service breakfast. Rest assured that these issues will be followed up with our Maintenance and Reception teams.

We look forward to welcoming you back through the doors of Chifley Penrith again soon.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Right from the start of checking in I was extremely dissapointed the front reception lady was horrible and didnt even want to be there.. when I entered the room it was out dated and a basic "motel room". The shower was nothing but a dribble of water. I reached breaking point when I noticed which looked like blood dribbled on the wall. I've never had such a terrible experience for $150 a night this was hardly worth it. The only thing this place has going for it, is location. I would think after so many bad reviews this place would improve!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank renee b
Kristin C, General Manager at Mercure Penrith, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Thankyou for taking the time to provide feedback from your recent stay with us at Chifley Penrith, where it is our goal to provide every one of our guests with a memorable experience.

It is disappointing to read that we were not able to achieve this during your stay with us. I am partciularly concerned with some of the issues that you experienced with the bathroom in your room and would like to discuss these matters further. Please do not hesiate to contact me at manager.penrith@chifleyhotels.com for futher discussion.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Brisbane Region, Australia
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Sandwiched in between a couple of pretty awful, overpriced hotels, this stay was much appreciated. Clean, quiet, fairly good sized rooms. The staff went out of their way to be helpful and nice. Loved that we could go next door for great food and entertainment.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank akaall
Kristin C, General Manager at Mercure Penrith, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Thankyou for taking the time to provide feedback from your recent stay with us at Chifley Penrith. Here at the hotel it is our aim to provide each and every guest with a memorable experience.

I am delighted to hear that you found your time with us to be enjoyable, and that you were able to make the most of the facilities next door at Panthers.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kristin Carville
Also consider these accommodations in or near Penrith
Quality Inn Penrith
Value Suites
#2 of 2 in Emu Plains
Ingenia Holidays Nepean River
Astina Serviced Apartments - Central

Been to Mercure Penrith? Share your experiences!