Mercure Penrith
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$102
$102
  • Pool
$85
$82
All reviewspenrith panthersleagues clubblue mountainskrispy kremeaqua golfspa roomqueen bedmini barwould stay againclose proximitywestern sydneyone night stayan upgradebuffet breakfastshort staypenrith areaifly
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Stayed here for one night as part of a wedding party.

Check-in was quick but did not find the staff to be particularly friendly. Did not have a warmth welcome sort of feel to it. Standard small Reception area which is adjacent to the hotel lobby bar.

First impression was not great as there were a lot of laundry or linen bags outside rooms in the hallway towards our room on 3rd floor. Found 2 bags sitting outside our room upon check in. See the photo i attached.

Room size was ok with a queen size bed and a single bed on the side. Peter Morrisey's bathroom amenities was a surprise and pleased with this. The furniture in the room looks a bit tired old but the bedding setting was modernised.

Unfortunately I found coffee stain on the side of the bedside table, which was clearly visible from where you laying on the bed. Also, there was a dust ball found on top of the toilet near the flusher which should not have been missed by the Room Attendant.

No issues in the room, all appliances worked fine, tea and coffee with biscuits were provided. Mini Bar items were very reasonably priced.

We had a late check out at 12pm with additional cost of $10 ($5 for each hour) so we took our time and relaxed.

Check out was quick with no hassle but again, no warmth in the voice and did not even ask how our stay was etc...

In my opinion, I wouldn't say this is a 4* hotel - I would give it more like a 3* hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Kristin C, General Manager at Mercure Penrith, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2013

Good afternoon,

Thankyou for taking the time to provide feedback from your recent stay with us at Chifley Penrith. Here at the hotel we make it our goal to provide every guest with a memorable experience.

Whilst I am glad to hear that you found your oom to be comforatble, I am very disappointed to hear about the service that you received both arriving at and departing from the hotel. This is by no means the standard of service that our guests should expect, and I will be following this issue up with the team.

We do hope we can welcome you back through our doors in the near future.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

We booked Saturday night for a quick getaway but the staff really don't care here we were made to feel like a nuisance and it really lets this place down because otherwise our room was great and the location perfect to enjoy the blue mountains and panthers. The girl who checked us in wasn't very pleasant at all and later on we came past reception and I was going to mention this to somebody else in reception but I was flabbergasted to see both girls on their phones with one laying on the desk and the other one sitting on the desk socialising!! Despite the good location I wouldn't return because the standard of service is offensive.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cinds_77
Kristin C, General Manager at Mercure Penrith, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Good afternoon,

Thankyou for taking the time to provide feedback from your recent stay with us at Chifley Penrith. Here at the hotel we prie ourselves on making every guest's experience with us a memorable one.

I am terribly disappointed to hear about the experience you had when you arrived at the hotel. This level of service is in no way acceptable, and for you to have to experience this I am deeply sorry. I can assure you that this matter will be followed up with the staff members in question.

I would also like to discuss this matter with you further. Can you please contact me at manager.penrith@chifleyhotels.com at your earliest convenience.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Facilities are mediocre at best, with elevators that are in serious need of maintenance, bordering on dangerous with the jolting. Towels are thin to the point of being translucent (not even close to 4 star standard) and cleanliness at a barest minimum standard. No spare power points in the room. Every single one was in use. My wife accidentally ordered a movie while trying to find out how much they were. She stopped it within 10 seconds of it starting and called reception straight away to get it cancelled and get our $18.95 recredited. 10 minutes on hold, reception couldn't help and put the weekend supervisor on who said they didn't have the authority to put a credit back on our credit card and that no one works on the weekend that can do it. Had no interest in helping and was too busy pointing out that my wife was wrong and was extremely smug about the fact that we had already paid for the room up front so it was bad luck. What ever happened to customer service? It's definitely not at the Chifley. Extremely disappointed and will not be back.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Steve6973
Kristin C, Manager at Mercure Penrith, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Good morning,

Thankyou for taking the time to provide feedback from your recent stay with us at Chifley Penrith. Here at the hotel it is our aim to ensure that every guest's stay is a memorable one.

I am disappointed to hear that we were not able to achieve this during your stay with us. I am particularly disappointed to hear about the nature of the issues that you faced during your stay, and I would love to talk to you in more depth about this. Please contact me at manager.penrith@chifleyhotels.com so that we may continue this discussion.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

We had tickets to a show in Sydney and had vowed after staying in the city last time we would never stay there again, so expensive and soo noisy with guests running up and down the hallway knocking on doors at $300.00 per night with a minimum 2 night stay. We were concerned about our trip up the mountains late at night, I decided to book us into Chifley at Panthers. I chose a room with balcony, the hotel tariffs are very reasonable. We arrived at Penrith at 12.45am very tired, to be greeted by freindly helpful staff, we ordered breakfast to the room which arrived right on the time we requested. We had a great nights sleep, very quiet in a very clean room.
We will be making this our half way stop whenever returning to the top of the Blue Mountains.

Room Tip: if your like me and need that fresh air instead of windows that don't open, book a rooom with a balcony, very private
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Kristin C, General Manager at Mercure Penrith, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Good morning,

Thankyou for taking the time to provide feedback from your recent stay with us at Chifley Penrith. Here at the hotel we strive to make every guest's stay a memorable experience.

It gives me great delight to read that you found your stay with us to be an enjoyable one, and we hope that we will be able to welcome you through our doors again in the near future.

Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

Well it's a hotel that's about the best thing I can say really
Bit run down reception dull infancy all dull position stuck between fast food outlets a small pool bit of a walk away
If your stuck stay there but drive on

• Stayed: March 2013
Kristin C, General Manager at Mercure Penrith, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Good afternoon,

Thankyou for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay with us here at Chifley Penrith. Here at the hotelw e aim to make every guest's stay with us a memorable one.

I am disappointed to hear that we were not able to achieve this during your stay. We do try our best to ensure the hotel is kept vibrant at all times, however in light of your feedback we will again take a look and identify any areas where we can improve this around the hotel.

We hope we can welcome you back to the hoel in the near future.