just stayed at this hotel, I was very dissapointed in the room, the condition of the furnishings really need to be addressed
* curtains not fitting correctly and falling of the rails.
* state of the bathroom appalling, there was mold growing on areas of the wall as well as on the shower curtain, the bath looked as though it hadnt been cleaned properly, a very rough paint job had been completed as well.
* aircon needs some attention as it was very noisy, not to mention the build up of dust etc which was visiable from a distance. it was impossible get to sleep without it, as the room became stuffy. so between the mosquitos and the noisy aircon, sleeping was virtually a non event.
as for the service,
* there where some staff at the counter that could use some training on greeting guests
so I would strongly suggest to the management of this hotel, take the time to really look over the establishment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- MERCURE PENRITH IS AT THE GATEWAY TO WESTERN SYDNEY Penrith is one of Sydney's best inland aquatic playgrounds. Have fun riding the rapids at Penrith Whitewater Stadium, visit the Sydney International Regatta Centre, paddle on the Nepean Gorge in a canoe or relax with a picnic by the Nepean River. Penrith Valley, with its beautiful rivers, national parks and lakes, is just a 55-minute drive from the centre of Sydney. It's a great escape for the whole family with plenty of things to see and do. LOCATED IN PENRITH VALLEY AT THE FOOTHILLS OF THE BLUE MOUNTAINS Explore pockets of unspoiled bush land, national parks, as well as the many treasured historic landmarks scattered throughout the region. Experience the area's lively arts scene on display at local museums and art galleries. Enjoy the beauty of the Nepean Gorge from the deck of the Nepean Belle Paddlewheeler or explore on foot. Whether you're staying for business or pleasure, for a night or a week, Penrith will exceed your expectations. A MAJESTIC PLAYGROUND FOR THE YOUNG AT HEART Next door is Penrith Panthers Your World of Entertainment with 9 dining options, 6 bars, Aqua Golf, Cables Wake Park, ifly and a travel shop. Panthers also offers a state of art Convention Centre, with seven architecturally designed formal and informal functions rooms, boasting an 800 delegate purpose build seminar and entertainment theatre with state of the art audio visual. Also at Penrith Panthers Your World of Entertainment is The Evan Theatre a first-class, purpose built entertainment venue. The Evan has been host to an array of leading entertainers including John Farnham, Boys II Men, The Wiggles and David Strassman. Adjacent to Penrith Panthers Your World of Entertainment and the Mercure Penrith is a 1500 seat Exhibition Marquee, one of Sydney's largest marquees. Sportingbet Stadium, home of the Penrith Panthers, is opposite the Mercure Penrith. The Mercure Penrith boasts 223 rooms featuring flat-screen TV s, cable TV , air-conditioning and WIFI Internet access. Additional facilities include a gymnasium, guest lounge, outdoor swimming pool, BBQ area and ample parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure Penrith reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chifley Penrith Panthers Hotel Penrith
- Panther Penrith
- Chifley Hotel Sydney