Gateway Lifestyle Nepean Shores
$84
$119
$89
  • Pool
All reviewstwo bedroom cabinkitchen windowlaundry facilitiesshower pressurelarge bathroomlate checkmain bedroomfull kitchenair conditionerpanthers clubaccommodationtoaster
Reviewed September 27, 2011

It's handy.
Hot in summer, cold in winter.
Beds not exactly comfortable. Units vary enormously in size and layout. If staying there again I would take some of my own cooking pots etc. The resort itself is cosy enough, but most people are reasonably glad when their stay is over. Your limited with groups in penrith.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank argonaut64
Reviewed May 6, 2011

We live in country NSW and do not travel to Sydney that often. We had stayed at Nepean Shores once 8 or 9 years ago. Unfortunately since that time it would appear that very little has been spent by the Club on maintaining or upgrading Nepean Shores.
Staff - The staff member that greeted us on our arrival last night was professional and courteous. She provided us with a map of the accommodation area and directions to our accommodation.
The Accommodation - Our accommodation was a two bedroom relocatable cottage. The main bedroom had a queen size bed and the other bedroom had two singles.

Bed - the bed was akin to sleeping on a hammock. I had very little sleep and woke early with a back ache. There was no clock radio in the room and only one bedside lamp. The cottages are very cold at night and a doona and additional blankets are a must. There was no electric blanket on the bed.

Heating and cooling - the cottages are freezing! The heating is provided by old air conditioning units that are badly in need of maintenance. There were no filters on the a/c units and when turned on a dusty smell pervaded the air. They were noisy and did very little to warm the cottage. I would recommend that if you choose to stay here you bring additional heating with you. We stayed here in early May, I definitely would not stay here in the depths of winter unless a gas heater was installed.

Cleanliness - the rooms appear clean however my 18mth old son after running around the cottage in his bare feet had very black feet so the carpet probably is in need of a good steam clean! There was dirt either side of the stove. It has not been pulled out and cleaned for some time;

Furnishings - again the furnishings are very tired but OK.

TV - The TV is a very old 51 cm CRT analogue reception only. There was no remote control. Very nostalgic!

Prices - prices are higher on the weekend for some reason, and while Panthers members are supposed to get a discount, the prices for non members were the same on one of the web based booking services.

Recommendations to management
- beds need to be replaced URGENTLY with commercial grade beds;
- air conditioning units should be serviced, cleaned and filters where missing installed. Consider replacing old units with split system units to reduce noise and which would also be more efficient and effective;
- install gas heaters to units as it is extremely cold in the units;
- provide more blankets and doonas;
- steam clean carpets and detail rooms;

I will be sending a letter to Management as I was very disappointed with our stay. I definitely would not stay here again until major improvements are made.

Room Tip: ask for room with new beds and a/c units that work
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Geotraveller63
Reviewed April 28, 2011

I've come here for a few days for my niece's wedding in Mulgoa. Choosing the resort was basically based on cost, so I suppose shouldn't complain too much, but I have stayed in nicer places for comparable or lesser amounts.

Basically, things here are pretty basic. The resort is essentially a complex of holiday cottages built over a fairly large block of land, the overall layout and appearance of which puts me in mind of a retirement community. If my 1 bedroom cottage and what I've read of the facilities generally is any indication, all cottages come with tv, kitchen and air con.

Sounds nice on the reading, but there are some things a visitor should be aware of beforehand. Firstly, the tv in my room has no remote control. Second, as far as I can tell, other than the movie channels the only channel offerings are the basic analogue services - no free-to-air digital services such as 7mate or Gem.

As far as the kitchen goes, things here are pretty basic too. I went to reheat some pizza in the microwave to find that there wasn't any kitchen roll provided, and the cutlery and cooking utensils provided seems to be something of a random scattering of items.

On top of this, some aspects of the accommodation are just plain weird. This is the first place I've stayed that didn't have a guest information compendium - not a big complaint I know but for some reason I felt cheated by the absence of this. Also, I put some drinks in the fridge and noticed water coming from the freezer, which led me to discovering that the fridge had been turned off at the wall. Same story with the microwave.

In addition to these oddities, there is a cupboard outside the bathroom. I don't what is in it or what it is supposed to be used for, as it is locked and there doesn't appear to be a key anywhere.

Overall, the place seems pretty old, underserviced and under-maintained, and falls short of what I would expect of any modern accommodation facility that wasn't a caravan park. There is no on-site Internet access, other services and facilities offered on-site appear limited and I generally have an overwhelming feeling that I should have sprung an extra few bucks to find somewhere more modern.

• Stayed: April 2011
Reviewed February 14, 2011

One bedroom cabin - very basic - looks like they bought them from the Sydney Olympics and havent done anything with them.
Bathroom tiny and poorly maintained
Kitchen OK
TV was old but worked, movie channels a bonus
Bed was comfortable
Pool area was stark but clean - kids enjoyed it.
Check in and out was friendly

Lots of people from the Cable Ski park using the accommodation. Close to Panthers if you want the world of enterntainment

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed February 7, 2011

This was the second time we stayed at this place, and will be the last! It started at reception which was so dirty that it looked like they'd just emptied a bag of chips on the floor. We rented a 2 bedroom cabin which was completely covered in cobwebs, was filthy beyond belief and had appliances and a kitchen that were old, broken and filthy.
The TV had no remote, the bed had an electric blanket box that felt like a shoebox that stuck into me all night, the front door had a six inch gap in it (where someone had obviously tried to break in and steal the dirt) which the freezing wind howled through all night. The blinds were broken, there were filthy marks on all the walls and a big burn mark in the poo coloured carpet. The bathroom floor was so slippery I nearly broke my neck, and it was patently obvious that the owners or managers just didn't give a toss what they were putting people in. The place wasn't cheap, and the only reason I stayed there was so my teenage son didn't have to sleep in the same room as his parents. Never again!!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family