“Great Service”

Travelodge Hotel Blacktown
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Blacktown
Reviewed January 16, 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel while visiting the area on business. Having read other reviews I would have to disagree with their comments. From the time I arrived, I found the staff extremely helpful and co-operative. The room was very clean and the bed extremely comfortable. The only downside was the buffet dinner which was just a little above average otherwise everything was very good. When I mentioned that I had a new car, I was told that I could park it in front of the reception area where they would keep an eye on it. I would certainly recommend this hotel for the business person looking for a good nights sleep.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
MichaelNguyen, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Blacktown, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2014

Dear Lins52,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of Travelodge Blacktown.
I am pleased to hear that you had a great stay and that you found our team extremely helpful and co-operative. I will ensure that your feedback is shared with the team.
As the buffet is part of the adjoining club, I will share your comments with them as well.
Thank you once again for your feedback and we hope to see you back at Travelodge in the near future.

Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

Had a week long stay for business here with my reservation made by work. Building doesn't seem to be very old, maybe 10 years old at most, but is pretty average. The staff were always helpful, but little things ticked me off. The electronic door locks/card key system was an issue on my room and never worked as it should. Had to get my card recoded 3 times during the week as I could not get in to my room. The cleaners need a rocket, as it always seemed that the place needed a clean. Upon arrival the hallways to my room looked like they hadn't been vacuumed in a week.
They do not have a restaurant in this motel, but they serve basic breakfast in a cafe style area off the foyer, and that is all it is used for. There is very limited choice for breakfast, and it becomes boring on a stay as long as mine.
At the end of long days working I didn't really feel like going out for dinner, so the only options in the victory are McDonalds or the Workers Club next door. The buffet at the club is awful, do not eat there. There is another eatery just outside the buffet that does much better good, not great, but better than the buffet. Steaks and fish were huge, and came with chips and salad.
On my last night a teenage baseball team, who had been at the motel all week, decided to let their hair down and we're slamming doors, yelling, and making an awful racket until 4 am. Need less to say I didn't get much sleep that night.
All in all, I was glad to leave and head home.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Marc B
MichaelNguyen, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Blacktown, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Dear Marc B,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of Travelodge Blacktown.
I am disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. The issues you raised with regards to room key issues and corridor cleanings have been addressed with the team.
We are also looking at ways to improve our buffet breakfast, so thank you for your feedback.
There are not many dining options for dinner due to our location as you mentioned, but we do have information in the rooms of other restaurants that can deliver food to the hotel. Alternatively, the Club next door does provide a shuttle to and from their main club in town. There are other options at the main club, or you can wonder through the various eateries in and around town and then catch the shuttle back.
With regards to the noise issues, I would advise any guests in this situation to contact Reception, we are manned 24 hours, and will have any noised ceased immediately.
Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

Reception was busy at time of arrival. Only one staff Josh. He was very accommodating and moved us to be near our friends. Josh displayed excellent customer service and is an asset. There was a water cooler and glasses in the front foyer but the cooler was empty. Refresher towels are a nice touch. Room was ok. Bed a little hard. No top sheet only a quilt with a cover... Too hot for me. Air con worked ok. Fridge had a few long life milks in it. No mini bar. Positive is there was lots of free parking outside. Breakfast was a disappointment. Buffet style. Usual bacon, scrambled eggs, tomatoes, baked beans and sausages. No fresh fruit only canned fruit salad and a bowl of yoghurt. No cereal or bread for special diets. Coffee was ordinary... Maccas in same area so would be easy to walk there. I believe this property could do with a spruce up and makeover. I would stay there again if needed but wouldn't order breakfast until it is improved.

Room Tip: My room was away from the club and on the third floor. We didn't hear any club noise.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
MichaelNguyen, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Blacktown, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Dear Grevilleabrae5761,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback of Travelodge Blacktown.
I am pleased to hear that Josh provided you with excellent customer service and went out of his way to assist you. I will pass your comments onto him.
We have recently purchased new beds, so you may have stayed in one of these rooms with the new bed. Although we do not place a top sheet, we would be more than happy to provide if requested.
I believe our buffet breakfast provides a nice range compared to McDonalds, but we are also looking to improve where we can. A new coffee machine is in the processed of being arranged.
Thank you for your comments and hope you choose to stay at Travelodge Blacktown in the near future.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

Being next to a club, band playing until late, room doors slamming and air con hardly working.
Made it an unpleasant experience.
Reception was pleasant experience, staff very friendly and helpful just paper thin rooms

Room Tip: Bring earplugs
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Kyle514,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback of Travelodge Blacktown.
It is unfortunate to hear that you had an unpleasant stay. We do have rooms on the opposite wing of the hotel that does not face the club that would have minimised any noise. I have had my maintenance team inspect the A/C in all rooms to ensure, especially in the warmer months, that they are operating fine. I am please however, you did find out team friendly and very helpful.

We hope to welcome you back to Travelodge Blacktown in the near future.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

A comfortable stay with all required amenities within the hotel and good facilities around the hotel. Rooms are nicely decorated and clean. Josh at reception was particularly helpful in ensuring we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Geater1,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback of Travelodge Blacktown.
I am very pleased to hear that you had a comfortable stay. I will pass on your comments about Josh and glad he was able to make your stay enjoyable as well.

We would warmly welcome you back to Travelodge Blacktown in the near future.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for the weekend while the Funny Cars were performing at the drags, which are just around the corner. While the rooms and the rest of the hotel were clean, it really is just a hotel. There was nothing spectacular about it. We ate both mornings there which was a breakfast buffet and was really only worth the $20 bucks or what ever it was, maccas is just across the parking lot and to be honest if we weren't as hung over as we all were and could have walked that far we would have ate there. The whole place or at least what we saw including our room could do with a bit of a face lift, its starting to look a little tired. Was a little disturbed to find out after we had been out all day that there was a faulty electrical fault with one of the outlets. I ironed my clothes that morning turned it off at the wall and we left, only to come back and the iron was still on. I had to completely unplugged it. I would stay there again only if there was nothing else around that could accommodate us.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
MichaelNguyen, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Blacktown, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Dear AustraliaJesse,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback of Travelodge Blacktown.
We are currently in the process of looking at ways to improve the presentation of our rooms, and your comments are greatly valued. Our buffet breakfast is good value at $19.00, but always check with Reception during your stay, as we do run breakfast specials.

We would like to welcome you back to Travelodge Blacktown in the near future.

Reviewed December 11, 2013

A comfortable stay with all required amenities. Rooms are nicely decorated, although the couch and carpet were both stained and could do with replacement or more thorough cleaning.

I'm not familiar with the Blacktown area so cannot comment on location.

There is no restaurant on site, but the attached Workers Club offers meals at reasonable value.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the back end of the property, rather than the road.
Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Dear Queenbee1981,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of Travelodge Blacktown.
I am glad to hear you had a pleasant stay and found our rooms comfortable. I will pass on your feedback to our housekeeping team and will have those issues rectified.

For those not familiar with the Blacktown area, we are quite centrally located. Only 5 minutes’ drive to Westpoint Shopping Centre and Blacktown City Centre, 3 minutes’ drive to Wet ‘N’ Wild and located next to the Blacktown Workers Sports Club. The Club does a good buffet meal, but for other options, the main Workers Club in town provides more variety. They also provide a shuttle to and from both clubs.

Thank you once again for the feedback and we hope to see you back at Travelodge Blacktown in the near future.
Hotel Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Blacktown
Alpha Hotel Eastern Creek
#1 of 2 in Baulkham Hills
Quality Inn Penrith
Quality Inn Penrith
#2 of 4 in Penrith

Been to Travelodge Hotel Blacktown? Share your experiences!