“Corporates Be Advised: Big Thumbs Up”

Travelodge Hotel Blacktown
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Blacktown
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I have commuted on a weekly basis to Blacktown from interstate since August 2012. I have always chosen Travelodge Blacktown. There are a couple of local accommodation alternatives but allow me to share how the staff and management at the property have made an enormous difference to what is a challenging work regime. Arthur (the manager) needs to be commended for building a sensational team. Each morning Durga and Josh greet me by name with a smile (without fail). Duvi, Jacqui and Carl are equally welcoming. The evenings have Penny and Paula. Two amazing hotel receptionists.

Working away from home is arduous but the time and patience the staff have afforded me (and not just isolated cases) is worthy of my recognising there efforts through this channel. For any corporate traveller, I can comfortably and unreservedly recommend the Travelodge Blacktown.

Room Tip: Try and stay away from elevators and stairwells
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Sam T
Arthur R, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Blacktown, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Dear Sam T

It is certainly a pleasure to have you as one of most regular guests at the Travelodge Blacktown. I know that the entire team has read your review and are very thankful for the kind words. I understand with your frequency of travel away from Melbourne, it is important for the hotel and its team to be an extension of home for you and we look forward to seeing you each week.

As always, if there is anything we can do to make your stay more comfortable; please do not hesitate to see me.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

My family and I travel to the area a few times a year and we always choose to stay at the Travelodge. The staff are fantastic, always prepared to make our stay as comfortable as possible, nothing is too much trouble for them and they're always friendly and ready to help, even at short notice. The rooms are basic but always clean and have a microwave, sink and fridge which is really handy. There is the option for buffet breakfast which we've tried a couple of times and love it but as we're always short on time, we find the McDonald's close by an easy option or usually bring our own breakfast. There are also a couple of restaurants in the complex. We have another visit coming up in May and we're looking forward to staying here again...and every time!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank redhat2405
Arthur R, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Blacktown, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2013

Dear Redhat2405

Thank you for your repeated business at the Travelodge Blacktown. It is very pleasing to read the level of customer service provided to you is at the standard in which we strive for. I will be sure to share your thoughts with the team.

Please do let me know when you are next at the Hotel as both the team and myself are endeavouring to get to know our regular guests better and see what improvements can be made in the near future.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed at black town travelodge hotel whilst in Sydney and were extremely happy with everything .the service was great and we also had the buffet breakfast which was really nice, and i would highly recommend it very yummy and fantastic value for money when you pre book on arrival there was plenty of parking and the room was very comfortable .it is situated next to blacktown workers club which is a lovely club, we certainly will have no hesitations in staying there again and on our checkout josh was very helpful and friendly , and his customer service was fantastic . I would highly recommend any one looking for accomadation in or near blacktown to visit the travelodge you won't be disappointed

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Wen0naL
Arthur R, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Blacktown, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Dear Wen0nal

Thank you for staying with us at the Travelodge Hotel Blacktown. We are certainly pleased to see you enjoy your accommodation and breakfast. I will be sure to share your thoughts with Josh and the rest of the team very soon.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Western Sydney.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

We had a two night weekend stay during November. We found all the staff extremely helpful with any queries that we had during our stay. The room we had was clean and tidy. We can also highly recommend the buffet breakfast which was excellent.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Arthur R, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Blacktown, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Dear NeilZ10

Thank you for taking the time to review your November stay at the Travelodge Blacktown. It is certainly pleasing to read and will be shared with the team here at Blacktown.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to West Sydney.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

We have stayed here once but have already planned our next visit. The rooms are modest ad admittedly not overly spacious. But this hotel is situated in an excellent spot. Buffet breakfast daily (remembering to pre book at least the night before), 3 or more restaurant options in the attached sports club and for those on a smaller budget a MacDonalds across the car park. It is also within minutes of the freeway to the Blue Mountains (for day trips), Penrith city and Penrith Panthers for those younger families seeking a bit more fun and the freeway also leads towards the city of sydney for the usual tourist traps.

But if you are heading to Sydney City, I suggest you drive to Blacktown railway station and take the train instead. Most if not all the tourist stuff is a close walk from some form of public transport (please plan your public transport on Cityrail's website.) So once you have seen the the main attractions look beyond the hype and experience western sydney like a local not tourist. Try some of the smaller restaurants at Westpoint Blacktown, Ask at the desk for tourist attractions close or visit the tourist information centre at Penrith.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Arthur R, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Blacktown, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Dear u_grimnar

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your recent stay at the Travelodge Hotel Blacktown. It is great to see you enjoyed your time in Blacktown and I will be sure to share your review with the team.

We look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Travelodge Blacktown

Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

2 night stay for the top gear festival, staff were helpful at the desk, although did forget to give us the breakfast voucher which was no big problem. Room was your typical travelodge room, well appointed. Only had a doona on the bed with no top sheet which meant you had to the air cond on all night to keep room cool enough to sleep with the doona on. Sheet would have been handy so wouldn't have required doona or the air conditioner on.

There is plenty of parking, has a microwave in room. Curtains were effective in keeping the light out.

Breakfast could have had more options.

In the unlikely event I was in the area again I consider staying here again.

• Stayed: March 2013
Arthur R, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Blacktown, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Dear Senoc

Thank you for the feedback in regards to your recent stay at the Travelodge Blacktown. It was certainly a busy time in Blacktown during the Top Gear Festival. I will share your thoughts with the team here during our next team meeting.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed a few times and the room are clean and cosy.
This trip the room is clean and tidy again.
Only problem this time the room air conditioner is not working well due to the very warm night and had a very hot , restless night. Air conditioner unit looks like a very old system which needs to be upgraded

• Stayed: January 2013
Arthur R, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Blacktown, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Good afternoon Stumpie8

Thank you for returning to stay at The Travelodge Hotel Blacktown. I do apologise for any inconvenience caused by the air-conditioning in your room. If you could please contact me via arojas@travelodge.com.au to obtain more information (which room number, date of stay) so I can ensure our Maintenance team looks into this.

We look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Hotel Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Blacktown
Atura Blacktown
Adina Apartment Hotel Norwest
Adina Apartment Hotel Norwest
#1 of 2 in Baulkham Hills
Travelodge Hotel Bankstown Sydney

Been to Travelodge Hotel Blacktown? Share your experiences!