“Deff not your best value”

Americas Best Value Inn Kimball
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Kimball
Reviewed June 26, 2011

We checked in very late as we were traveling from Florida the other hotels I'n the area were all booked up the room had a bloody pillow case which they informed me they couldn't replace ..took over an hour for the room to cool off and smelled very bad not worth the money spent stay away if possible

• Stayed: June 2011
2  Thank flipflopsonly
abvikimball, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Kimball, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2012

Dear flipflopsonly,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am sorry to hear about the housekeeping and maintenance issues you encountered during your stay. Please know that we are planning to undergo extensive renovations. Including construction of a new lobby and complete renovations of our guestrooms with new carpets, bedding, vanities, mirrors, lighting, and painting. The renovations are scheduled to begin early Fall 2012. We hope that these upgrades will enhance the overall guest experience.

Reviewed May 27, 2011

currently staying at hotel.............looking at bloody dried finger prints on the wall. stained sheets and bedding. the door to our room only opens half way. there is a hole in the floor under the carpet. the bathroom looks like people have randomly urinated on things to stain them. the bathroom makes you feel like a modern day giant. As I said I really hope we make it out of here disease free.................

Room Tip: Here's a tip...go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank beth27_11

Dear beth27_11,

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion with us. I am sorry to hear about the housekeeping and maintenance issues you experienced. Please know that we are planning to undergo extensive renovations. Including construction of a new lobby and complete renovations of our guestrooms with new carpets, bedding, vanities, mirrors, lighting, and painting. The renovations are scheduled to begin early Fall 2012. We hope that these upgrades will enhance the overall guest experience.

Reviewed May 24, 2011

Let's start with the woman who "greeted" me at the front desk -- she had an attitude from the get go. I asked if they had a room for a single traveler, and then I asked her rate. And then, because I hadn't seen the Triple-A logo sticker anywhere, I asked if they had a Triple-A rate.

"That is the Triple-A rate."
"Right, but you told me that rate before you knew I had Triple-A, so that's your undiscounted rate."
"No, that's the rate for everyone."
"So, in other words, you don't actually offer a Triple-A discount."
"Yes, we do. I just told you - that is the Triple-A rate."
"I understand, but then there's no additional discount for Triple-A members."
"Everyone gets the same Triple-A rate or AARP rate."
"But you can't do that. If your rate is the same for everyone, then that's your base rate. Triple-A members are supposed to get a discount off the base rate."
"Everybody has Triple-A."
"What do you mean? Every single traveler has Triple-A?"
"Yes."
"That doesn't make sense. I mean Triple-A probably wishes that were true, but it simply isn't logical."
"Look, that's the rate. It's the same discount Triple-A or AARP rate for everyone."

At that point she was already starting to raise her voice and get snotty. So I paid it, stupidly, rather than look for another hotel. Everything others have said about the place is true -- seedy, dirty, poorly maintained. Quiet enough, though it's near major streets. But I couldn't get the bad taste of that first interaction out of my mouth -- I wonder if Triple-A actually knows about this scam....

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank Bisbeticone

Dear WRick,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I apologize for any inconvenience you encountered during your stay. During our slower months, we typically offer our walkin guests a 10% discount for staying based upon supply and demand. If you look at our published (non-discounted )rates on the internet, you will find that they are higher. We feel that the traveling public is well aware of this, so that is why we offered this same discount to you. Regardless of whether you are a AAA or AARP member, 10% is the industry standard for most major brands during the slow season. We hope that you stay with us again or at another one of our Americas Best Value Inns located across the Country.

Reviewed May 16, 2011

From the stains on the towels (and the bedding, and covering the carpet) to the amount of mold in the bathroom, this place was filthy. I would have been better off and more comfortable sleeping in my car.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank MistressLola

Dear MistressLola,

Thank you for sharing a review with us. I am sorry that you had any housekeeping issues. We have recently trained and hired new housekeepers. We hope that these changes will improve the overall experience.

Reviewed March 21, 2011

So gross that we used our sleeping bags on top of the beds. Blood stain on the bathroom door. Mold everywhere. Grimy.
I would bet most prisons and homeless shelters are nicer.
"Breakfast" is a joke. One waffle maker and a container of cereal.
Go to McDonalds next door.
How did they ever get the number of stars TripAdvisor is showing. Look at the reviews.
I'm just glad my shots are up to date.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank value_quality
Reviewed March 27, 2010

We were returning from FL to Chicago and it was late at night and for miles every hotel was SOLD out. This Inn had openings and we were tired so we stayed. It appeared to be run down, old, out to date, smelly, gross. I can guarantee you that we will never stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 13, 2009

My wife and i travel every year to Florida, we are known as snowbirds. We have stayed in many motel rooms over the years, but we consider this one of the very worst. Dirty rooms, space cadets for personal. We will never spend another nite in your inn. The cost was outrageous compared to the quality of the room.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple