“A motel in Kimball”
Review of Super 8 Kimball

Super 8 Kimball
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Kimball
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Stayed in this Kimball, TN motel for one night during August 2012. It was below the standards for a $60+ per night Super 8. The bed was very uncomforable and there was road noise. I left early the next morning and did not bother to see what was for breakfast. Stopped down the road for a nice breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
KimballSuper8, General Manager at Super 8 Kimball, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Thank you so much for your feedback and please accept my sincere apologies that your experience was less that top notch. I understand the rooms on the road side can get a bit noisy but i would love for you to come back, give us another chance and have you get a room on the other side. Any feedback we receive helps to make us better. Do not hesitate to contact me directly at super8kimball@aol.com or 423-837-7185 if you might reconsider staying with us again in the future so I can ensure you a more comfortable stay.

There are newer reviews for Super 8 Kimball

Reviewed February 16, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Reviewed January 10, 2013

I travel a lot and have stayed in many places...This is by far the nastiest place ever. The clerk at the desk was rude, the parking is horrid, the room was filthy and then to top it off they over charged my credit card! Gives Super 8 a bad name!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Karlysmom
KimballSuper8, General Manager at Super 8 Kimball, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to review us regarding your stay. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. Please know that your feedback is very important to us. It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay!

Reviewed January 4, 2013

I stayed for 2 nights at this particular Super 8 2 days ago. I must say, I was very pleased with the great service I received upon entering the office. I was greeted by a friendly smile and a pleasant hello. Dan Patel was very courteous and helpful with all my questions about food and other accommodations. I rented a non smoking room and it was comfy and very clean. The beds provided me with a great nights sleep and the room had everything I needed from a refrigerator, microwave, and wifi. The morning desk clerk Beth was friendly and easy to speak to. The free breakfast in the morning was great! The eggs tasted great and they provided a variety from toast, cereal, yogurt, fruit, cinnamon rolls, and more. I had the pleasure of also meeting with Divya and she was very easy to talk to and gave me great directions. I would VERY MUCH return to this Super 8 in the future.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
KimballSuper8, General Manager at Super 8 Kimball, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2013

We appreciate you taking time out of your schedule to give us your feedback. We Thank You for your positive comments. I'll be sure to share your comments with our staff. Compliments definitely encourage our staff to work even more hard. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope that we'll see you again soon. Please know if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 423-837-7185.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

I am don't care what others say about this hotel in their reviews, but I travel all over the US, and This has to be one of the FRIENDLIEST hotel i know. I don't really rate anyone but i was told it helps others out so i thought i start doing it. I checked in with a friendlest desk clerk at the front, who informed me where my room was, where ice vending and snack are was, and guest laundry room was. She even told me where i can come for breakfast, some hotels are cheap so they don't inform you about breakfast because they have to make more, but this one told me everything they offered: Scrambled eggs, cinnamon rolls, waffle, yogurt, apple, juices, cereals. This Super 8, I found the room to be clean, comfortable, and in great condition. Its in a Quiet area, away from major highways and busy area thats close by. My room had all the amenities a person would need as an a coffee maker, fridge, & microwave, iron & ironing board, & TV, and many other things. Beds were my favorite part, they were very comfortable. There was lots of towels, hand towels, and wash cloths for my whole family. They have gazebo too to enjoy! We checked out with the friendly desk clerk who was very fresh in the early morning, most hotel clerks don't give a carp about you early in the morning. ALL in ALL, MY WHOLE FAMILY ENJOYED THEIR STAY HERE AND WE WOULD LOVE TO GO BACK TO IT. THANK YOU!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your positive comments regarding your room, your experience, and overall value. I'll be sure to share you comments with our staff. Compliments definitely encourage our staff to work even more hard. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope that we'll see you again soon. Please know if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 423-837-7185.

Thank you.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

wow!!! wouldn't of even giving them one star and didn't even get to the room......my partner and i are over the road pilot car drivers....we deal with hotel/motels every night..... we do not go home!!!! it has been one of those weeks.....and to top everything off today WHILE on the job our van breaks down..... luckily 2 miles away from this little town of Kimball TN..... we have spent the past 8 hrs sitting on concrete in a garage parking lot trying to get the van repaired.....$300.00 later we drive away and the van is not fixed (not because of the mechanics, they were awesome I would recommend Pit Stop mechanic shop in S. Pittsburg TN to anyone!!!!!!!!).... so we are forced to stay in this town.....i called super 8.... he said it was going to be 64.95.....with tax..... ok it has been a VERY long day....get to the motel and the desk clerk (Dan Patel) wasn't very "customer oriented" at all....proceed to check in requesting a smoking room and even pay an extra 5 bucks for a room with 2 beds (really? like it is a privilege to have 2 hard and very uncomfortable beds in a cramped room) and also dealing with his slight attitude because of me interrupting his time doing anything but his JOB....... signed ppwrk and got keys, turned around to leave the office and go to the room when he says "non-smoking room 11-", I turned to ask him to change it to a smoking room, but didn't even get the chance to speak.......he slams something on the counter and begins to slam type the computer, I spoke up requesting my money back (and yes i said " my fuc_ing money back".....) I admit by that time I had literally broke down and didn't sensor my ONE word directed towards the money only....and for this I would have apologized but didn't get the chance because I was told " watch you (not your) language FU_K YOU"............and yes that's exactly what I was told........
we deal with people ALL the time.... under NO circumstances should an employee EVER speak to a customer like that....... i don't care who you are...what you look like....or what origin you are from.....this is just unexceptionable.....this is what we got for 80.00......RUDE

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Tagalong P

I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. In addition, please know that your comments and issues will be addressed.
Again, I apologize for the inconvenience!

Reviewed November 26, 2012

The room was comfortable and clean enough but a bit overpriced for a Super 8 motel. The front desk clerk was not unfriendly but really made no effort to be personable. Plenty of food choices around. Did not offer a continental breakfast which I thought was strange considering the price of the room. I think I would drive a little further up the road next time I am through this area.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Michael B
KimballSuper8, General Manager at Super 8 Kimball, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Thank you so much for your feedback and please accept my sincere apologies that your experience was less that top notch. Your remarks regarding an employee will be addressed. Also, we do offer Deluxe Breakfast in the lobby from 6 to 9 am. We have been offering breakfast since we opened. Any feedback we receive helps to make us better. I would love to have you come back and give us another chance to prove that this is not usual for our hotel. Do not hesitate to contact me directly at super8kimball@aol.com or 423-837-7185 if you might reconsider staying with us again in the future so I can ensure you a more comfortable stay.Warm regards, Mike Patel General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kimball
Hampton Inn Kimball
#1 of 6 in Monteagle
Best Western Royal Inn
Best Western Royal Inn
#34 of 96 in Chattanooga

Been to Super 8 Kimball? Share your experiences!