Hampton Inn Kimball
Alpine Lodge Motel(Chattanooga)
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
View Hotel
All reviewssouth pittsburggreat place to staycracker barrelfast foodovernight stopstay there againcomplimentary breakfastyogurtbreakfast was excellentthe young ladynice hotelroom was cleanoff the highwaystaff was very friendlyfirst flooreasy accessparking lot
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 7, 2014

We frequently stay in Hampton Inn's. This room, entrance and dining area was clean and comfortable although nothing exceptional.

We were given a room with a shower only vs a tub/shower combination. It would have been good to be given a preference or told in advance that there wasn't a tub.

We are Hilton Honors members and I know our preferences are on file (higher floor away from elevators/notice). We too were put on the first floor and near activities although we didn't have any issues with noise.

The restaurants in the area were limited and of a fast food nature.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on upper floors and away from elevators if quite is important.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank C K
Krystal J, General Manager at Hampton Inn Kimball, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2014

Thank you for sharing feedback regarding your recent experience at our hotel with other travelers on TripAdvisor! We value all of our guests feedback, including negative feedback, as it allows us an opportunity to improve our service and quality standards. I wanted to take the opportunity to apologize for the lack of communication regarding the room type that you were given. I prefer bath tubs myself, so I can definitely understand how this would impact your experience. Unfortunately, our rooms with one king sized bed offer a walk in shower, while only our rooms with two queen sized beds offer a bath tub. Although this is mentioned on our website, we absolutely should have ensure that we made you aware upon check in. I will address this with our front desk team to ensure that we are properly communicating the options that our room types offer, so that this does not occur again, to you or any other guest in the future. Regarding the preferences and room location that you were given, I am so very sorry. Although room location preferences are based upon our availability, we should have ensured that we did everything we could to accommodate your requests, and I cannot apologize enough for dropping the ball here. I will also address this concern with our team, as this is a very important concern, as we do strive to do everything we can to make our guests completely satisfied. Again, I am very sorry that we did not achieve our goal of providing exceptional service and outstanding accommodations, however, I do hope that you are able to give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

Quite disappointing stay. I usually stay at Hampton Inn as I normally count on a decent standard. Started with room keys that did not work. A trip back to front desk who could not figure out why. Try a different room. My wife sees a live cockroach and traps it under a cup. Move back to original room. After long day of driving you don't want to deal with these issues for this price of hotel. In the morning found bath fan did not work - which is quite a problem after showing with all the humidity. Looked like a nice new hotel - but live cockroaches tell me the pest control is not done proper and I don't believe that one just crawled in on second floor. Slow elevators and the luggage cart got caught in first part of doors - and unlike most elevators it continued to close the back part of the doors. I had to pull the cart out. Glad it was not a body part!!! Breakfast was very good. Beds good. Newer building. The final straw was the total indifference of the front desk as I told them about the issues. Guess I will use a different chain on my return trip.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Michael R
Krystal J, General Manager at Hampton Inn Kimball, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your experience with us on TripAdvisor. We value all of our guests feedback, positive or negative, as it allows us an opportunity to improve. I cannot apologize enough for the inconveniences that you encountered during your stay, this is completely unacceptable. I completely understand your frustrations, as I would be more than appalled if I had encountered insects in my room and encountered the other issues that you experienced as well, especially when you check into a hotel, expecting higher quality service. We have had our pest control company out to service the property again since this incident, and they had mentioned that the insects were actually beetles that come from the retention pond. We have since ensured that the company sprayed throughout the entire property and the perimeter of the hotel, so that these insects would not enter the hotel in the future. I am so, so sorry that you encountered this. I also wanted to apologize for the lack of concern from our desk team, as they absolutely should have handled this differently. I will also be sure to address your concerns regarding the fan in the bathroom and the elevator issues with our maintenance team to ensure that this issue does not occur again in the future, to you or any other guest. Please contact me directly, as I would love the opportunity to assist you further, and ensure that we properly handle these concerns. If there is anything at all that I might be able to do for you that would allow you to consider giving us another chance in the future, I would be more than happy to do so. Again, I am so extremely sorry for your experience, however, I do hope that you will be able to give us another chance to live up to our true standards and your rightful expectations in the future.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

I came in town to spend the weekend at Adventure Offroad Park, and the hotel was a great place to stay. Clean and quite, the beds were great after being outside all day. The breakfast, as always at Hampton Inns) was a great way to start the day.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank David S
Krystal J, General Manager at Hampton Inn Kimball, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your most recent experience at our hotel with other travelers on TripAdvisor! I am so very happy to hear that we achieved our goal of providing comfortable and clean accommodations, along with friendly and hospitable service, and I am also happy to hear that the breakfast was a great start to your day! I know how important breakfast is, especially when traveling, and I'm glad that ours exceeded your expectations! We look forward to welcoming you back as a return guest in the future, should you seek accommodations in our area again.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

We were traveling from Indiana to Florida & just needed a place to sleep for the night. We chose Hampton Inn because we are used to the quality & felt that we could depend on it being a good choice.

While the property seems to be new & was clean, we were very disappointed in the stay. We checked in just after midnight. We told the person at the front desk that we were exhausted & just needed a good nights sleep so that we could finish our drive the next morning. I'm also an honors member & have the request of a room on a high floor away from elevators in my preferences because I need it to be quiet to be able to sleep. I did book the room through Hilton Honors so I know that she saw my preferences.

There were very few cars in the parking lot which tells me that there weren't that many people staying at the hotel that night.

The room she gave us was on the first floor...off of the parking lot, a few doors down from an exit door & a few doors down from the gym & from one of the main doors that the staff go in & out of constantly for anything that they need.

We got into our room & started with neighbors that had the TV up so loud that it sounded like it was in our room. I called down to the front desk & was told it would be dealt with. The TV did not get turned down for over an hour.

Through out the night we kept being woken up by slamming doors & about 5:30 I started hearing cars as people were getting started with their day.

Neither of us were able to get much sleep which made for a very long & not so safe drive the next day.

I don't understand why the front desk person would put us in that room when we've specified to her that we need quiet & it's spelled out with the honors web site.

The hotel itself seems fine. Bed was comfortable, breakfast was decent but our main goal was sleep & that was not achieved.

If management wishes to contact us for more details, the email address is LMHProduction@gmail.com

Room Tip: Don't accept a room on the first floor facing the parking lot if you want to sleep!
Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa H
Krystal J, General Manager at Hampton Inn Kimball, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2014

Lisa,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input on our service and appointment and sincerely apologize you were unable to rest during your visit. We understand the importance of a safe and calm atmosphere while traveling and regret this was not your experience. I cannot apologize enough for the inconveniences that you experienced during your stay, and I will absolutely address your concerns with our team to ensure that we are consistently delivering on our loyal guest's preferences, as we absolutely should have made every attempt to honor your room request. I can assure you that your loyalty to Hilton is valued here at our property, and that should you decide to give us another chance in the future, when seeking accommodations in our area, that this will not occur again. Please let me know if there is anything at all that I can do that would allow you to give us another opportunity to live up to our true standards and your rightful expectations, as I would be more than happy to assist you.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Hamptons are always our first choice. never disappointed! This time the breakfast wasn't there usual fair, but there was an accident on 24 that caused the hotel to be busier than they expected is our guess. still very clean rooms and always a helpful staff. you won't be disappointed if you stay here!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Krystal J, General Manager at Hampton Inn Kimball, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

Thank you so much for sharing feedback about your stay with us on TripAdvisor! I am so happy that we were able to provide to you the consistent service and cleanliness that you have come to expect from our Hampton Inn brand! I did also want to apologize for the inconveniences that you encountered during breakfast. Yes, we were busier than we had expected to be, however, that is no excuse for the quality and presentation of our breakfast food to suffer. I can assure you that I have addressed this with our team, and will not let this occur again in the future. I am, however, very happy to hear that this did not impact your overall experience and that we were able to achieve our goal of providing comfortable and clean accommodations, along with friendly and hospitable service! I will be sure to share your feedback with our team, in recognition of their efforts! Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!