“Great one night stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Kimball
Hohenwald, Tennessee, United States
“Great one night stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2012

Good place to stay.....we just wanted to get away for the night.....we go every year to south pittsburg to get fireworks for our stand......so we decided to stay here for the night.......and go to south pittsburg tomorrow......then head home........but this is a good place to stay.........we usually stay in 3 or 4 star hotels.....but this 2 1/2 star was great ......

• Stayed June 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Ocala, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2012

The hotel was very nice. The bathroom was clean and modern. The hotel is right next to the Walmart and several restaurants. It was in a great location. We had a great stay and will definitely stay again. The breakfast was very good. There was a variety of items. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Hoover, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2012

My room seemded like I was the only one that had ever stayed in it, very clean and up to date. The front desk was helpful with my Choice Priveledges account and helped me set up my next reservation. I've already reccommended this hotel to others that will be there June 10-21, 2012. I paid $75 a night and thought that was fair. It was 20 miles from where I was working but worth the drive.

Room Tip: Book early for power plant and paper mill outages.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jim21W
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2012

The staff were nice and the two-bed room was large. The breakfast included waffles, eggs, sausage, muffins, danishes, cereal, juice, coffee- Coffee available 24/7. There was a dark red stain on my pillow- not the pillowcase- I could see the stain through the white pillow case which creeped me out but the rest of the room seemed really clean. The pool was clean, shallow, and outdoors next to a busy street (Wal-mart shopping center). I asked for a late check out and they said that would be fine but I still had two housekeepers knock on my door before then. Kimball is a small town and I wouldn't mind staying at the Comfort Inn again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Winston Salem, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2012

I reluctlently booked a room at this hotel. I have avoided it when I have been working in the area by driving a long distance to spend the night. I will stay here again if I am in a pinch, but I will look for accommadations elsewhere for the following reasons: Yes the rooms have been remoldeled, but little to no effort was made to repair the walls before applying the paint. In addition, no care was taken when painting near the door frames, shower stall, etc., resulting in inconsistent edges everywhere the color changes or a fiixture is in place. The new furnishings are cheap and modifications to the bathroom doesn't work well. My entry door was not auto close but the bathroom door seemed to be, or maybe it wasn't installed properly. The lcd TV was top notch and the internet connection was above average. The fitness room was also nice. The breakfast was just OK, with scrambled eggs and sausage that was tasty but pastries were in short supply and bagels were not available. When the stay was complete I still felt as though I had just spent the night at a 35 year old hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Casselberry, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

We arrived very late (1 a.m.-ish) after driving through a hellacious storm in northern Georgia and southern Tennessee. We booked ahead and asked for a quiet room. We were given a second floor room at the end of the hall in a corner. It was so quiet, and the room was so comfortable, we slept till at least 10 a.m. and totally missed the free breakfast. The room was incredibly small, but it seemed recently updated and was very nicely decorated--dark woods, modern, new bathroom fixtures and countertops. The shower head was awesome. All in all, we had a late, quick, and quiet check-in and a late, quick, and quiet check-out. Would definitely stay here again, but hopefully sans severe thunderstorms.

Room Tip: We stayed in a second floor, corner room at the end of the hall. It was a very small room, but beaut...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank indyslf
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2012

Staff here very friendly, gave us upgrade. Not very impressed when first walked in... They are under remodel on first floor..but wow, when we walked in our room..what a wonderful surprise, everything new, even the carpet was brand new...don't pass this one by..we almost did just from past reviews..goes to show, judge for yourself sometimes!!

• Stayed January 2012
2 Thank tonyNtheresa
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kimball
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kimball
BEST WESTERN Royal Inn
BEST WESTERN Royal Inn
#39 of 96 in Chattanooga
The Smoke House Lodge & Cabins

Been to BEST WESTERN Kimball Inn? Share your experiences!