“Cute Nice Clean”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Kimball
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Cute Nice Clean”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

This Holiday Inn Express is a great stopping point from Florida to Michigan. We stayed here one night in June. The hotel has had a remodel and is pretty contemporary for this area. The breakfast was good. Staff was great. I would definitely stay here again. Great Price!

Also, has a cute outdoor pool that the kids loved. A lot of paces in the area to eat. Free Breakfast at the hotel. Can't beat it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Lynde D, Front Desk Clerk at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kimball, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
RDUHM,
Thank you for your feed back. We love that you found the place a perfect spot to stop at on your trip. We also hope that you made the rest of your trip ok as well. WE strive to make everyone's stay wonderful, and from what you have said we did make yours. Im pleased to hear that your breakfast was good, and the staff was very friendly. WE hope you come back through and stay with us again! Have a great day! Lynde D.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Lafayette, Indiana, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

For the last 4 or 5 years, my husband and I have stopped at this hotel twice a year as a resting place as we drive back to Indiana from Florida. As a Priority Card Member we generally choose the Holiday Inn brand. This hotel has always been well kept and recently went thru a remodel. If there was one negative of our stay this time, it would be the front desk clerk. The young man that greeted us was not social or personable. He accidentally checked us in and gave us keys to another guests room. When we came back to the front desk to make him aware, he was not apologetic and simply gave us keys to a different room, with no explanation. Breakfast is always descent and the breakfast area has been nicely remodeled.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
823LoriS,
I'm glad that you have been stopping here for as long as you have, it's wonderful for to hear. First off of course I would like to say I'm sorry for the room key, and sorry for the employee. There was no reason for this to have went on. I will let my manager know about this ASAP! Other then that I'm once again so happy that you do find this place every time you travel. Our staff is very friendly, and I'm sorry for that night once again. I hope this doesnt change you mind about your hotel and come back. Hope you have a Wonderful Day. Lynde D.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

Breakfast was good, lots of choices, including a pancake machine.

Large room, clean, nice beds. The outdoor pool looked clean.

However, at $150 or so, including taxes, I would find somewhere cheaper next time.

• Stayed May 2013
sjlocke,
Thank you for your feedback, I'm happy to know that you find our hotel nice and breakfast good. I will like to explain something about our rates. They do change daily and we are normally booked up 6 days out of the week. I'm sorry you find the rates to high, and will find somewhere else next time. I just hope you would give us that 2nd chance. Once again thank you for enjoying your stay with us! Lynde D
Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

We stayed two nights April 26th and April 27th, 2013. It was a well kept facility; room, bathroom and common areas all properly clean. The bed and pillows were excellent. Check-in and Check-out was friendly and fast. The breakfast was standard HIE fare, including the scrumptious cinnamon rolls. Easy to get here off the interstate but far away enough so there was no traffic noise. Three reasons why I didn't give this place five stars: the price was good but not great, although there was a wide screen TV it did not have a high definition source so standard viewing, and I try to reserve five stars for exceptional/outstanding facilities. It was just a few miles to South Pittsburg, TN and the National Cornbread Festival which was the purpose of our visit.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
rulesinjax,
The Cornbread Festival is my favorite time of year and Im glad you came to join us during that exciting time. Sorry It has taken us so long to respond. Our Hotel is great and we strive to make it everything you want it to be. I'm sorry for the TVs, Ill report that to someone as soon as I can. I agree with you that the location of the Hotel is perfect. South Pittsburg doesnt have any Hotels and so every one gets to stay in Kimball. I'm sorry for the price as well. You must understand that it's during a busy weekend and we don't get to make our rates someone else does and they just come up our computer. So what the computer says goes, it only gives us a little room to play with discounts. That weekend however it puts a block on it to where we can't make it lower. Again I'm sorry for getting back to you so late and hope to see you next year for the festival!
Lynde D
Omaha, Nebraska
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

I booked on-line back in February for a July 13th stay. I needed to cancel my reservation in May and the management was unwilling to cooperate! I wanted to stay at another Holiday Inn-express in another town, but the management was unwilling to change it for me. I will NEVER book on-line with Holiday Inn-express again!!

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Fidplace
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kimball, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear Fidplace,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We aim to provide the best possible service and experience and it is always great to hear from our guests on how we are doing. I sincerely regret that you were inconvenienced by our rate options. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. Rest assured, this will be passed on to the appropriate departments to consider for improvements needed at our facility.

Again, thank you for the candid review and my apologies for the inconvenience.

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

This was a lovely stop to spot on our way between Orlando and Chicago. The location is just outside Chattanooga, very pretty in the foothills of the Appalachians. I meant to ask the manager but it looked like there was an abandoned mine entrance just behind the hotel on the side of the mountain. But the best part was housekeeping! The hotel itself seems new which is so nice with a brand new bathroom and beds! But the room was so clean, I really appreciated the hard work apparent there. The breakfast was substantial and varied with griddle pancakes and good coffee. Definitely recommend!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Mount Dora, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

Nice & clean. Front desk helpful. Had handicap shower & that worked great. Breakfast was more food then you could eat. Would stay here again. we have stayed at several Holiday Inn Express hotels & have been impressed with all of them. It's nice to know you can have excellent service at each location.
Thanks

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kimball
Hampton Inn Kimball
Hampton Inn Chattanooga West/Lookout Mountain
The Sewanee Inn
The Sewanee Inn
#1 of 1 in Sewanee

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kimball? Share your experiences!