Whitcomb Summit Retreat
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Holiday Inn Berkshires(North Adams)(Great Value!)
$111
$108
The Porches Inn at MASS MoCA(North Adams)(Great Value!)
$189
$139
$132
Willows Motel(Williamstown)(Great Value!)
$69
MAPLE TERRACE MOTEL(Williamstown)(Great Value!)
$89
Northside Motel(Williamstown)
$59
The Williams Inn(Williamstown)
$135
$132
All reviewsmohawk trailwhitcomb summitnorth adamshighest pointann mariebeen coming here for yearsgeneral mgrmountain viewfront windowyogurtcontinental breakfastgreat coffeerooms are cleanadirondack chairswarm hospitalitynew englandgoat
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 8, 2011

At first glance, this motel appears to be long past its prime, but the rooms are immaculate and for the price, it can't be beat. The pub unfortunately is closed due to a business dispute, but the owner and his staff, including a resident pooch, couldn't have been friendlier,and more helpful and had some good restaurant recommendations further west on the Mohawk Trail. If you're willing to slum it a bit, the motel is a great value particularly for families traveling on a budget,. Here's hoping the property is refurbished soon.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 1, 2011

On the outside the place looks a bit rough. HOWEVER, if you let that make your decision for you , you have missed something great. LIke all the other revies the view is outstanding.
The Rooms were VERY clean freshly painted and carpented. The driving force behind this review is the new owner. I have never had a inn keeper work as hard as he does to make things right and confortable. I am sure that my next trip to the area will ensure I stay there and wake up to that view from the front porch.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We had three couples on motorcycles traveling the Berkshires. We had planned on staying at the Summit one night. Do to a freak storm with wind, rain, and heavy fog we were stranded. There is currently no restaurant at the Summit so in the morning the owner brought us to town in his vehicle and bought us breakfast. Because of the storm we had to stay an extra night . The owner only charged us half the usual charge.
The Summit is old, but very clean. The rooms are large. The views spectacular. I cannot say enough about the friendliness and helpfulness of the owner and his staff in making our stay as pleasant as possible.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank twoupharley
Reviewed April 26, 2011

Whatever this owner is doing, he should be applauded! The rooms are newly redone...nicer than the last time I stayed there years ago. Everything WORKS!! New windows..beautiful beds and linens...flat screen..Direct TV....very comfortable. The view from every room is great...as I informed him as we were leaving..we WILL be back..and SOON!!
Just a side note..he has made arrangements with a little Italian restaurant down in North Adams...show your room key, get 10% off your total bill!...Food was a nice surprise.
We plan to make this little gem our little getaway spot.
We wish them continued success...they deserve it!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Unclearty
Reviewed March 23, 2011

I am a business man who travels frequently and view hotels as just a bed and bathroom. I rarely sleep well and this trip was no exception, but the views and quiet were outstanding. I have never in my life met a friendlier host- Hi Jimbo! and the staff at the lodge were like family. The food was simple, but very good and all the prices were very reasonable. You would be crazy not to purchase a condo here while the market is down...these prices won't last forever. What a great investment for someone like myself who is a business man who knows a good deal when he sees one. I'll be back very soon for the centipede festival.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business