“Best Food Truck Experience In Hawaii”
Review of Shark Pit

Shark Pit
Ranked #7 of 9 Restaurants in Ka'anapali
Sydney, Australia
“Best Food Truck Experience In Hawaii”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

This, in my humble opinion, is my absolute favourite food truck in all of Hawaii. I just loved their menu, with an inspired menu and cooked well. Friendly and cheerful guys work this joint. I had two serves. Great tacos packed with loads of flavour. Burgers in taro buns were great and my go-to dish is the Hawaiian cheesesteak, which is a spin on the classic Philly version. Also, they aren't shy about loading up the meat in the rolls or tacos. All the items are priced well. I'm definitely making this my regular when I return to Maui. Make sure you keep an eye out for it, as it is a tiny truck and easily missed. You won't want to miss this.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank TravellingCarlito

Annapolis, Maryland
“FANTASTIC!”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Wish we'd found this place sooner! It was AMAZING! You MUST go there! It is a small truck with some others around, make sure you go to the right one and enjoy!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank 597ajs
Toronto, Ontario
“Delicious!!”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Passed by every day for a week with intentions to stop.....finally did on day 7 and regret not stopping earlier. I had vegan tacos and my husband had the funky fish tacos. Everything is made from scratch on the spot. Absolutely fantastic food, the staff was super friendly, don't miss it if you're in Maui.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Namaste1017
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great tacos, worth the wait”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Tacos (both fish & shrimp) lived up to the hype. Just be prepared to wait. The first day we went they had already sold out of the tacos for the day so you may want to go early to ensure they have what you want!

Visited January 2014
1 Thank rebecca s
Cypress, Texas
“Call ahead to see if they still have food available”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I think they close at 4:00, but it's a good idea to call ahead before driving over there to see if they are running low on food. We went around 2:00 and they were out of several items including the rice that is served as a side on many of their dishes. The guys there were great, but I found it quite annoying that they run out of food almost on a daily basis, hours before closing. I worked at a resteraunts for many years and we never ran out of food, except one time and that was after Hurricane Rita and the entire city of Houston was basically shut down. I can understand and appreciate that they don't want to make a ton of food that may or may not get served, but that is the risk of running a food joint isn't it? Fish tacos were good, but the chips that we were given as a side order instead of the rice was disappointing.

• Visited December 2013