“Perfect Place for a Small Family or Couple”
other travelers have booked this property
Gourmet kitchen with Bosch appliances Huge Master Bedroom
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Gourmet kitchen with Bosch appliances
Huge Master Bedroom
Duke's for happy hour or a romantic dinner.
The beach is just across the boardwalk
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Justin L
Palatine, Illinois
“Perfect Place for a Small Family or Couple”
Reviewed February 16, 2015 for a stay in February 2015

We rented this condo for our family trip to Maui and could not have been happier. Jill and Terry made the rental, check-in, and check-out process so easy. The place was exactly as advertised and even exceeded our expectations. Our baby (9 months old) was very comfortable in the provided pack n' play and enjoyed many a meal in the provided high chair. We all enjoyed the beach equipment as well.

The resort was also very nice. There are many pools of which to enjoy. Duke's is a great place to grab and meal and a tropical concoctions or grill your own food on the several gas grills provided throughout the resort. Also the beachwalk is great place for a stroll or exercising run. The parking provided with the rental is also very convenient.

Outside the resort's north entrance is a full grocery store to grab anything you would need for your stay. The town of Lahaina is a short drive away for some great shopping and food. Several of the nearby resorts have great luaus - we personally went to the Hyatt's Drums of the Pacific.

If you are looking for a great place to stay for a small family or a couple on Ka'anapali Beach this is a great place. My wife's parents also rented Konea 248 - also a Jill and Terry place - that is 2 doors away. This allowed us to be close but each have our own space.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: A clean, good looking place that was very comfortable.
Liked least: Not much but trash room was really gross.
Traveling group: Young Children
Your age range 25-34
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Snoqualmie
Reviewed January 19, 2015 for a stay in January 2015

Liked best: Everything was perfect
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Mike A
Oak Harbor, Washington
“6 Stars! Paradise! I could not be happier with Honua Kai Resort”
Reviewed October 30, 2014 for a stay in October 2014

There has never been an easier review to write. Jill and Terry's Honua Kai residence is absolutely perfect!! If you have ever stayed at a sandals resort, this is virtually the same. I am writing this review from the balcony as seen on the website and I am looking at a majestic ocean with the island of Lanai in the background, I can hear the soft rustle of the palm tree right next to me (which by the way makes for great sleeping ambiance), I can smell the plumeria and the temperature is a perfect 76 degrees with a moderate breeze. I simply cannot overstate the serenity of this place. Every time when my wife and I open the door to the condo we exhale and say, "ahhhhhhhh -- this is amazing". You are greeted with a very clean, modern, and fresh condo with a view of Palm trees that looks like a painting. The grounds around honua Kai are meticulously maintained. The many pools are cleaned each morning, the grass looks like a golf course fairway, and the flowers are so perfect that they look fake. There are people scraping the little grass in between board walk slats, pulling dead flowers off bushes and ensuring very detail is covered. There is a sense of pride in this resort that far exceeds expectations.

Having Dukes on the property is icing in the cake. I walked with my wife last night the two mlies along the boardwalk to whalers village for dinner and when we got there we turned immediately around to come back to the Honua Kai and Dukes restaurant. There is a considerable difference in the "feel" around all the mega resorts in Lahaina. It is not nearly as beautiful as Honua Kai and we felt that it was too crowded. A dukes, with the tiki huts, the torches, and the peaceful backdrop of the ocean, we felt secluded in our own romantic oasis.

I could go on and on with this review but I don't want to lose you. It is true. I can say enough good things about this place. STAY HERE!

Owners: Jill and Terry were accommodating from start to finish and so easy to work with. Jill is quick to return calls if she doesn't answer the phone and she will take all the time you need answering questions. She provides detailed instructions in emails and with the welcome booklet in the condo. She makes renting the condo fool proof! I already know that when I return to Maui I will stay at Honua Kai and Jill has made that decision even easier because there is no one else I would rent from. I called a few other property managers in my search for a Vacation rental and trust me -- they are all not the same. Jill's customer service stands head and shoulders above the rest.

Your age range 35-49
Spokane Valley, Washington
Reviewed June 26, 2014 for a stay in June 2014

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: How nice the owners were to deal with....it makes a difference.
Liked least: Nothing worth complaining about - which is rare for me:)
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Toronto

Reviewed December 11, 2012 for a stay in November 2012

Check in / front desk
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Luxury-minded travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing