“Step back into a time that is timeless.....”

Hula Grill Kaanapali
Reserve with OpenTable
Hula Grill Kaanapali is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 9 Restaurants in Ka'anapali
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hwy 30
Transit: Maui bus stops right in front Whalers Village every hour!
Description: On the water's edge on Kaanapali Beach, Hula Grill offers a stunning view of the Pacific and of the islands of Lanai and Molokai that has to be seen to be believed. From this distinctly Hawaiian vantage point, you are invited to join us as we celebrate the hospitality, culture and cuisine of the islands. Dinner is served in our open-air dining room where you can relax in the ambiance of a plantation era beach house while enjoying renown chef Peter Merriman's Hawaii regional seafood that isn't only a favorite of vacationers, but locals, too. Hawaiian fresh fish and locally grown produce are combined to create amazing menu offerings that are as colorful as they are flavorful. Fiery sunsets are served up daily along with live Hawaiian entertainment. Our Barefoot Bar offers a more casual menu serving both lunch and dinner under authentic thatch roof umbrellas and a sand floor where you can sink your toes in. The Barefoot Bar is seated on a walk-in basis only.
Reviewed May 1, 2014

What a wonderful ambiance. This restaurant is everything that a vacation dinner should be. The breeze of the evening ocean filled your senses with the allure of the beach, add to that the aroma of delicious dishes that were being served around you, indulge in a cocktail and your entire body is filled with the realization that you are not only on vacation, but you have ARRIVED!!!

Write a ReviewReviews (5,911)

Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I ate here 3 years ago for lunch and LOVED it so we decided to return for our first day back on Maui. It didn't disappoint... Again. I ordered a lava flow (delish), the Ahi sashimi, and coconut calamari. And my husband got the fish tacos, amazing!!! And there was live music, big plus. Our waiter was Sean and he was excellent.Great place, great food, great atmosphere!

Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

We went here to sit in the sand and really feel like we were dining in the beach. Well when we arrive, my friend didn't want to be near the loud (but good) live music that was on the sandy area. So we sat in the actual restaurant. I don't know if the menu is the same for both areas. The food was good- as I'm thinking back, nothing jumps out at me in my memory that says anything was to die for. It was all good, just perhaps not the most memorable meal of our trip. I do remember it was a very slow meal. I believe we were there for a couple hours. Which is ok, since your on vacation. The only problem we encountered was being tired...each of our days on Maui began at least by 6am. So by the time we went to dinner we were tired- although because it took so long we were able to watch the most beautiful sunset of our trip that night. I would recommend- good food, great location.

Reviewed April 25, 2014

Wonderful location. With lush, green lawns, a tennis court to the right and amazing service. Hugo was a wonderful personality for our luncheon that day.

Reviewed April 25, 2014

We have bee her twice now. Love the menu, the drinks, the service and the entertainment. We went for dinner both times and would definitely go back.