“Great For A Family”

and up
Ka'anapali Zipline Adventure on Maui
Ranked #1 of 14 things to do in Ka'anapali
More attraction details
Owner description: Enjoy sweeping views of the Pacific Ocean while ziplining through the West Maui mountains. Choose your adventure from our Award Winning 8-line course voted the #1 Zipline course in Hawaii by Hawaii Magazine's Best of the Best Readers Choice Awards 2014 or our all new 4-line Zip n' Dip tour that allows you to splash into a fresh mountain pool. Voted the #1 Zipline Company in Hawaii by Hawaii Magazine's Best of the Best Readers Choice Awards 2014 Skyline Eco-Adventures thrills guests on zipline adventures in Hawaii on Maui, Kauai, and on the Big Island. Since 2002, when Skyline opened the original Maui zipline adventure, over two million customer zipline crossings have been conducted, more than any other U.S. zipline company. Skyline's Ka'anapali Maui Zipline Tour was named the #1 Zipline Tour in Hawaii and Skyline's Maui Haleakala and Ka'anapali Tours along with Skyline Akaka Falls Tour on the Big Island have been Awarded the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence Awards for 2014. Throughout our tours guests learn about the unique environment and culture of the place; and a portion of all sales are donated back to protecting those irreplaceable things. Whether you plan to visit Maui, Kauai, or the Big Island of Hawaii you will find unmatched fun and adventure on one of our Award Winning Zipline Tours!
Reviewed October 27, 2013

This was a fun tour. You start off at the office where you sign releases, get helmets, etc. They take you in vans up to the top of the mountain. Very bumpy ride!! Views up there are beautiful. Since Hawaii has many micro climates, it is HOT up at the top. Wear sunscreen! Expect to get fairly dusty/dirty. Everything is surrounded by red clay and in between each zip line you have to walk on the very dusty paths. You do the first couple of lines (10 total) fairly normal, then the guides start showing you fun ways to jump.. backwards, free fall, etc. The groups are about 10 people so a lot of the trip is waiting for others to go. Lunch was provided and adequate, the brownies were delicious! A local company provides them with their food. Wear comfortable clothing, work out type attire seemed best since you will be hiking a bit and sweating, and for ladies I would recommend capri style/crops because of the harness. Overall it was a fun experience though.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,468)
All reviews
in 29 reviews
"amazing experience"
in 39 reviews

Reviewed October 27, 2013

My friends and I were visiting Maui in July 2013 and had to check out the ziplining. I must say, I am SO glad we chose Skyline Eco-Adventures- we all had a blast! Everything throughout the day was seamless and we felt comfortable with all the guides and staff as they knew exactly what they were doing. We loved our guides Koko and David- they are super friendly and funny and we felt safe with them.

It's about a 4 hour awesome adventure altogether. Once you leave the office in Ka'anapali after filling out paperwork, you head up the mountain in a van on a bumpy red dirt road, where normally no cars are allowed to go. It feels like you get to visit a hidden part of the island no one else normally sees. Once you get to the top, they brief you on the safety, how to ride the zipline, etc.- it is very straightforward. There are 8 ziplines and each has a different name and tells a different Hawaiian story, so while you're waiting for others to go, you can read a bit about the area which enhances the experience. There are amazing views of Ka'anapali, Lahaina and the island of Lanai in the distance from the top! I love the feeling of flying on top of mountains and seeing that spectacular view. Once you're halfway through the course, lunch (chicken sandwiches, chips, brownies) is provided in a little hut overlooking the town of Lahaina alongside a lush, green mountain.

Tip #1: Only bring a camera if you have a compact point and shoot camera. Luckily I did and it was fine as it fit in the fanny packs everyone wore, but anything bigger than that simply won't work with the ziplining.
Tip #2: No need to bring a water bottle, as they give you a medium sized plastic one filled up that you can keep when you're done.
Tip #3: Go as early as possible in the day. We were on a 12pm departure and earlier in the morning the guides said often times you can see pigs on the mountain!
Tip #4: Book in advance! We booked about a week in advance and got our second time choice. Of course it depends what time of year you're going, but the slots do fill up, so book early.
Tip #5: Get to the office 30 minutes in advance to your scheduled departure time so you have time to fill out the required paperwork.

Ziplining has something other activities on Maui can't offer- no where else on the island can you go to the top of the West Maui mountains and have those stunning views, and no where else will you get the sensation of flying across a mountain. Ziplining is a great alternative activity for adventure lovers who crave more than just a day on the beach. I believe it's here to stay and more courses may be built.

I've been to Maui numerous times before, but had never tried ziplining on the island and now I want my whole family to experience the thrill. I will absolutely recommend Skyline Eco Adventures to anyone I know traveling to Maui! If you've never ziplined before, this is the perfect place to start. I'm sure next time we're there we'll all go as this is an activity not to be missed when you're on Maui!

1  Thank Katherine817
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We've zip lined a tropical forest in Kauai.. And the dry but picturesque excursion in Lahaina was equally thrilling. After a jostling & entertaining ride up to the 1st platform, the fun never ended. From the hospitable Eco store personnel and comical yet safety conscious duo of Cliff & Kaleo, we were extremely pleased with the zip line tour. We've been visiting Maui every yr for the past 10 yrs and know we have lots if choices for outings... for Free or to Pay and this one was worth it!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

This was our first time ziplining and I'm so glad we did it with Skyline Eco-Adventures! Our guides Jordan and Joe were not only hilarious but also made you feel really safe and comfortable doing an activity that can make you a little nervous. After an extremely bumpy ride up the mountain in a 4-wheel drive, 15-passanger van, the view looking down on Lahaina, Lanai and Molokai was absolutely divine! And the 8 zip lines were so much fun. I wanted to do 8 more :0) The included lunch was surprisingly delicious and as a nice touch, they gave you a water bottle to use during the tour and take home with you.
I would definitely recommend Skyline Eco-Adventures for the adventurous and semi-athletic individual. It's not something you do every day and if you're going to go, the guides at this place really make it a special experience!
(also, save 10% by booking online!)