“Wonderful”
other travelers have booked this property
Gated Security Entrance to The Whaler on Kaanapali Beach, Lahaina, Maui
The Whaler on Kaanapali Beach Affordable Studio Vacation Condo Rental Tropical Decor in Living Area, Queen Size Sofabed
Check Availability
The Whaler on Kaanapali  Lobby at Sunset
Lobby open 24 hours @ The Whaler on Kaanapali Beach
Beachfront Walk on Kaanapali Beach in front of Whaler Condo Rental
View of Molokai from The Whaler on Kaanapali Beach
Sunset over Molokai as seen from our lanai at The Whaler on Kaanapali Vacation Rental
Black Rock on Kaanapali Beach, Vacation Condo Rental at The Whaler
Whaler on Kaanapali Beach Vacation Condo Rental, Oceanfront Swimming Pool
Oceanfront Pool & Jacuzzi at The Whaler on Kaanapali Beach Vacation Condo for Rent
Lush Tropical Grounds at The Whaler on Kaanapali Beach Vacation Condo Renatl
Oceanfront Koi Pond at The Whaler on Kaanapali Beach Vacation Rental, Lahaina, Maui
3 Oceanfront gas BBQ's for outdoor dining at the beach
The courtyard at The Whaler on Kaanapali Beach Studio Condo for Rent
Koi Pond in the courtyard at dusk
Welcome to The Whaler !
Sunset from just outside our lanai
Rainbow over The Whaler
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

lorrie370
Dexter, New York
“Wonderful”
Reviewed February 18, 2018 for a stay in January 2018

We love that this unit is on the ground floor with an ocean view from the Lani. The Whaler is in the best location in Kaanapali Beach...

Feb 19, 2018
Hi Lorrie- Thanks for the nice review. It's good to know that return guests such as yourself are enjoying their stay at my condo.
Chad N
“Amazing stay at The Whaler!”
Reviewed February 11, 2018 for a stay in October 2017

My fiancee and I had a wonderful vacation staying at Larry's condo! The condo's proximity to the beach is unbelievable! The bed is cozy and we slept soundly every night even when a major storm hit the island and knocked out the island's power grid! The staff at the Whaler were kind and courteous throughout our stay. We highly recommend Larry's place and will make it our #1 choice for all future trips to Maui!

Feb 12, 2018
Hi Chad- Thanks for the nice review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay, even if you had a bit of an unexpected adventure with the storm and loss of power!
Anna P
“So so so wonderful”
Reviewed September 18, 2017 for a stay in July 2017

I absolutely enjoyed dealing with this homeowner when I booked our stay in Maui.
I was a little unsure of my exact dates and even though I kept moving them a day or two to the left and right the homeowner never gave up on me and remain patient while I got my trip planned

The apartment itself was fully equipped, close to the beach and really just the perfect location for our honeymoon. We love being so close to Lahaina and really enjoyed swimming in the pool.
We would totally come back and stay here again next time we visit Maui

Sep 20, 2017
Hi Anna- Thanks for the nice review! I'm glad that you enjoyed your time at my condo in Maui, and appreciate the kind words you said about working with me. Mucho Mahalo !
Companion...
“Ground floor very convenient and reasonable.”
Reviewed February 26, 2017 for a stay in February 2017

We always like the convenience to the beach and restaurants and being on the ground floor with even more convenience to the barbecue area was great.

Feb 26, 2017
Hi Don- Thanks for pointing out how centrally located our condo is on Kaanapali Beach. I like the ground floor also, to get to the beach, pool & BBQ's !
surfingre
Panama City Beach, Florida
“paradise”
Reviewed February 18, 2017 for a stay in December 2016

we loved the real Hawaiian spirit at the Whalers being accommodated at this beautiful unit on ground floor.

Feb 20, 2017
Aloha- I'm glad that you enjoyed your time at The Whaler. Thanks for the nice review on Doerflmaui. Vielen Dahnke !
Beachcomb...
Edmonton
“Excellent value, fantastic location”
Reviewed February 16, 2017 for a stay in February 2016
person found this review helpful

We have stayed in this Studio for the last five years. We like it for a number of reasons. The Whaler is located at a great spot on Kaanapali Beach, especially for my wife and I as we like to do a lot of swimming and the area between The Whaler and Black Rock is outstanding for swimming longer distances. The Studio apartment is not fancy but it is clean and well maintained. The kitchen is well equipped, and some beach supplies are provided. The Wifi works well. We were concerned about being on the first floor, but it has been great. Nice to not have to wait for elevators and have easy and quick access to the barbecues. Very quiet, we have never had a problem with noise. Excellent value. Hard, if not impossible, to find a better rate. We have found the owner to be very reasonable and quick to answer emails. We have also been impressed with the staff at The Whaler.

Feb 18, 2017
Hi Jeff- Thanks for the great review! You've pointed out many of the amenities that my condo and The Whaler have to offer. Also, thanks for the kind words you mentioned about me as well! I know that you enjoy coming each year, and look forward to your next visit. Mahalo!
MattandKe...
Houston, Texas
“Absolutely fantastic place to stay!”
Reviewed October 30, 2015 for a stay in October 2015
people found this review helpful

This is the second time we have stayed in this condo on Ka'anapali Beach and we absolutely love it! We hope to stay here again and again. In the interest of being objective, I will admit that it is not "super fancy" on the inside. The appliances are basic. The furniture and finishings are not overly fancy. It is a modest size. The pots and pans are a little scratched up. However, these things are NOTHING compared to all of the positive, wonderful things I have to say about it. Though the furniture is kind of basic, I love it because it is so appropriate and so "beachy." It goes great with the whole island living feel. And frankly, you do not stay in a beach front condo to have access to high end appliances and white crown molding. So, none of these items bothered us at all either of the two times we have stayed here.

Location: This condo is located on the most beautiful beach I have ever seen in my life. It is astonishing...AND this unit is only like a 30 second walk from the pool and a 45 second walk from the sand! If you like the beach, or if you are like us and you LOVE the beach, you will LOVE this condo. While staying here, you will have as much opportunity to go to the beach as you like. Also, this section of the beach seems to be less busy than some of the other parts of this beach...so there are times when it almost feels like you are relaxing on a private beach because there is SO much space. Further, the Whaler sits right next to Whaler's Village - which has plenty of shopping, food, coffee, etc. At this particular moment, the village is under construction. So, while it is not as pretty as it usually is, I have it on good authority that it is going to be awesome when it is finished. The famous snorkeling spot, "Black Rock," is about 200 yards north of the Whaler. So, if you like snorkeling, you can easily walk to it in a few minutes. Really, the water is so clear and beautiful on this beach that you can literally walk straight out of the Whaler and into the water and snorkel in front of the Whaler and see incredible fish about 30-50 feet off shore. The beach activities center rents chairs, umbrellas and cabanas - and the cabanas are awesome! They are actually brand news ones this year and they are top notch! Very comfortable and the staff will put it exactly where you want to so that you are perfectly happy. And the prices are reasonable. They also can help you by scheduling a variety of beach activities....such as how they helped us get scheduled for a dinner cruise on the Teralani (another company I highly recommend).

Owner: Though I have never met the owner of this unit, I have conversed with him via email several times over the past year and he has been very helpful to us while planning both of our vacations to Maui. He is super easy to work with and responds to emails very quickly. He is great.

Staff: The staff at the Whaler is second to none. Everybody from the front desk staff to the beach activities center staff are super helpful, very kind and you can tell that they actually WANT to help you have a great vacation. It is so nice.

The Views: From the lanai, you have a ground floor view of a beautifully maintained lawn. Beyond this, you can see some beautiful palm trees and you have a great view of the ocean. In short the view is Excellent! Walking out the front door of the building that this condo is in, the view instantly makes you feel like you are in paradise (which you are).

I could truly go on and on. Suffice it to say, however, that this place is awesome. It is a great value for the money. It is absolutely beautiful. We have been twice and plan to go again asap. You can't go wrong and you will not regret staying here.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The awesome location.
Liked least: The pots and pans (trivial i know).
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Oct 31, 2015
Matt & Kellie-
Wow!!! Thanks for the most objective and thorough review of our condo. It makes me feel so good that you enjoyed your stay immensely and plan to return. You pointed out so many good things, I couldn't have said it better myself. Mahalo Nui Loa !
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing