“if rated just on massage, would be 4 or 5 stars, but...”
Review of Spa Rejuva

Spa Rejuva
Ranked #10 of 12 things to do in Ka'anapali
los angeles
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“if rated just on massage, would be 4 or 5 stars, but...”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

As the title says, I was VERY happy with my massage. I had Veronique (spelling?) - she used great pressure, she REALLY dug into my neck and upper back which I really needed (as discussed) and I was definitely sore the next day. She was very friendly and I would highly recommend her. Only tiny gripe is at the end she did one foot, but forgot to do the other, I felt kinda lopsided walking out lol but wasn't a big deal, though I guess it might have been to others. I was very happy with the massage, but...

My wife and I traveled with our 1 year old so our schedules were kind of tight. We relaxed on vacation, I just mean we based each of our massages around specific times for the baby. I had a 10am appointment, I arrived around 9:50am. The lady at the front, a little older, maybe 50s-60s or so, was friendly but not particularly welcoming. Just handed me a clipboard and went back to her phone conversation. I thought that was weird. I didn't have a watch on me but after waiting awhile I asked her what time it was. She responded 10:02...it will be just a few more minutes. My massage didn't begin til 10:15am. I got my full hour, but that's not totally the point. I just found it weird that my massage not only started 15 minutes late, but that it didn't seem to phase or bother anyone work there. Maybe it is common practice there, I'm not really sure? I know it's Hawaii, relax, etc. but if I schedule something from 10-11, I DIDN'T schedule it to be 10:15-11:15. Follow me?

Overall, a good massage experience.

Visited June 2013

Thousand Oaks, California, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Priced fair and happy with results.”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

My cousin and I decided to get a spur of the moment massage. We were tired with sore muscles from the previous day of snorkeling and hiking. We went online and read reviews from the various spas. Spa Rejuva was very reasonably priced considering the other options. We walked to the location. The receptionist was not super attentive, she was friendly, but was not super eager to book us. She was just very relaxed. Maybe we were just uptight Californians.
We did book appointments and arrived to our appointment a little early. There was a little flexing time and waiting as we wanted to both get the same massage and mini facial. We relaxed in their Quite room. I think we both fell asleep. Then we both went off to have our massage. This was the best "Lomi Lomi" massage I had ever had. The facial was a little less impressive, but I dont think that was really this therapists specialty. It did not matter. It was still a good experience. I am happy with how I felt afterwards. Oh, the place was clean.

Seattle, Washington
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 111 helpful votes
“Depends on your therapist .. be picky”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Visited this place twice during our stay. My husband had a great experience with V.. He came back for another visit. My first visit with Brenda was great. I would visit her again. My second time I had a guy.. he was awful... I would never go back to visit again, unless I was specific on a therapist.

Visited October 2012
San Juan Capistrano
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Worst massage experience ever.”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Experience180 degrees opposite of two prior reviewers. Elder female Therapist (?) took no interest in my needs and nary spoke the entire time. Went through the motions but seriously doubt if person certified. From head to toe, not one area of body properly massaged or relaxing. Very disappointing.

PA
75 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 90 helpful votes
“The best massage ever!”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

We were staying at the Whaler and I was looking for something close by and found this spa less than 5 minutes away at the Fairway shopping center. It is small but the people are super and all the massage therapists seem seasoned so they are not just starting out. I had the Hawaiian Bliss for 90 minutes and it was absolutely fabulous. My massage therapist, Brenda, went over all my ailments so she was very in tune to what was going on in my body. Her pressure was fabulous. Usually people with fibromyalgia like light massages but I need really deep ones. Brenda was super and I would go back to this spa any time. That night I thought that maybe I would be stiff and sore the next day and I had no problems at all....the first when getting a deeper massage. Right now they are running a special- a 60 minute massage for $79. My was an hour and half with a head scrub and some reflexology on the hands and feet. I just refuse to pay the hotel prices and then get a so-so massage. I've finally found a place I can keep going back to.