“Maui Eldorado A202”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

394ramona...
“Okay but needs work”
Reviewed July 7, 2016 for a stay in June 2016
person found this review helpful

This is a review of the room and rental contact MauiCondobyowner. This is not a review of the Maui Eldorado/Outrigger hotel. The grounds and rooms managed by the Outrigger are wonderful and we always stay here when we go home to Maui.

We moved to this room after a problem with our original room K102 (see note at the end).
Upon entering A202, I checked it out and when going to close the accordion door that separates out the bedroom from the living area, the door literally almost fell on me as it wasn't anchored correctly and was hanging on by one wheel in the track! I spoke to the front desk and they called Linda who then spoke to me and requested I send her pictures. I did so and the handyman came out and fixed it. The room itself was okay after that. The beds were comfy and the view was amazing. The room did tend to get very HOT. It seems there may be a sensor that shuts the AC off if no one is moving around in the unit. While I understand the need to keep costs down, it's not a great idea in a place like Hawaii. After coming in from a hot day on the beach, it was really uncomfortable to come into a 90+ degree room. And then it took quite a while for the room to cool off again - at which point, we were ready to get out the door for our next outing, thus starting the cycle all over again.
Both units K102 and A202 are managed/owned by the same people. While both Vivian and Linda were very responsive I will not be renting through them again due to the multiple hassles I dealt with on this trip.
*K102 had very clear evidence of insects (and insect egg sacs) stuck to the comforters and what looked to be dried blood on the pillowcases.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
schids
Calgary, Canada
“Maui Eldorado A202”
Reviewed April 5, 2015 for a stay in March 2015

This unit was very clean and well supplied. All you need for the beach-chairs,towels,boogie boards,etc. There were a few basics in the pantry as well. As we have found with other Eldorado units, this one had been updated in the kitchen and bathroom-except the shower. Every unit we have stayed in here has an old shower with mildew and a poor excuse for a shower head. We are starting to think there is some reason no one replaces this. However this unit is nicely located within walking distance of Blackrock Beach at the Sheraton, Whaler's Village and the Fairway Shops. It is a longer walk to Whaler's but still only about 15 minutes with kids in tow. The pools are nice and the ground a beautifully maintained. We were concerned there would be road noise as the unit is close to the end by Keka'a Dr but we found no issues when the doors were closed. The unit has AC but it has some sort of system that switches it off when the lanai door is open (smart) but also when the system detects the unit is unoccupied. This leads to the unit being hot when you arrive back at the end of a day out and it takes awhile to cool down once the AC turns back on. Overall we enjoyed the unit and the location.

Idaho

Reviewed January 26, 2014 for a stay in January 2014

Management Response
Jan 26, 2014
Aloha!

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback as we stride for quality customer service.

The Maui Eldorado Resort offers the ONLY beachfront clubhouse with a full kitchen in Maui. It is easy to get to should you not walk, as a courtesy golf cart shuttle is available to and from the beachfront clubhouse.

Sorry to hear about the thermostat in the fridge, as it has since been replaced with a new fridge. The technicians do not work over the weekend hence the delay in servicing the fridge.

We will follow up with AC technicians regarding the thermostat to determine if it's still a problem. We will follow-up with you separately, and hope you can come back and stay in this unit.

Best, MKVR
WA
Reviewed November 21, 2013 for a stay in October 2013

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing