“Great Service and Food at Duke's Beach House Maui”
Review of Duke's Beach House

Duke's Beach House
Reserve with OpenTable
Duke's Beach House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 9 Restaurants in Ka'anapali
Cuisines: American, Hawaiian
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Honoapiilani Hwy
Description: Located just steps from the sand, our striking open-air restaurant offers sweeping views of the Pacific Ocean along Kaanapali North Beach at the Honua Kai Resort and Spa. Fresh, locally sourced ingredients are featured throughout the breakfast, lunch and dinner menus. The cuisine is Hawaiian influenced with a focus on fresh, sustainable seafood and premium steaks. In keeping with the tradition of the Duke’s restaurants in Hawaii and California, Duke’s Beach House boasts a casual, nostalgic ambiance honoring the great Duke Kahanamoku.
Reviewed June 7, 2014

My family and I have been going to this Duke's Beach House restaurant since it opened. We just spent 10 days at the Honua Kai Resort and went to dinner and breakfast many times at Duke's which is on the premises. On one of those nights we went to dinner, we had an extreme long wait. A gentleman named Darin approached us and said he was sorry for the extended wait and inconvenience. My wife and I engaged in conversation with Darin and learned he was one of the store managers. He made us feel very welcomed and apologized for the long wait. Just wanted to recognize Darin and the entire staff at Duke's beach house that night as well during the entire trip. The drinks, the food and the ambiance are what we keep coming back for. Thanks again.

Write a ReviewReviews (5,169)

Reviewed June 7, 2014

Excellent food and views….you will not be disappointed! Try the Hula pie….YUMMY!! The fresh local fish is to die for.

Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

Dinner to celebrate belated birthday at this higher end restaurant. Spectacular view of water and sunset. Service was good and so was the food. A bit overpriced but nice to stay on resort property at Honua Kai. Hula pie was yummy!

Reviewed June 6, 2014

We had drinks and food here a couple of times during our vacation. Its a fun place, with a great atmosphere and a fab view. Prices outside happy hour are expensive and portions aren't large but for a happy hour drink and snack it's a good choice.
We both enjoyed the nachos and from the main menu the steak tacos were fab. Salads are quite small and overpriced for what you get.
Service was definitely mixed. One time we had an extremely friendly girl who was lovely. Another time we had a really grumpy guy who was extremely unwelcoming.
I recommend this mainly for happy hour, i'm not sure if I would rush back outside this

Reviewed June 5, 2014

I took my family for happy hour since we were staying next door at the Westin Kaanapali and it was an easy walk and we had a great time. They had their Aloha hour and some great food and drinks special plus entertainment. We loved the music, the outdoor space and the views of the ocean. I actually forgot my Amex there and did not notice until 5 hours later. We came back and the manager had my card. Thank you

1  Thank TrojanRick

Been to Duke's Beach House? Share your experiences!