“Fabulous vegetarian food, service and views!”
Review of Duke's Beach House

Duke's Beach House
Reserve with OpenTable
Duke's Beach House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 9 Restaurants in Ka'anapali
Cuisines: American, Hawaiian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Honoapiilani Hwy
Description: Located just steps from the sand, our striking open-air restaurant offers sweeping views of the Pacific Ocean along Kaanapali North Beach at the Honua Kai Resort and Spa. Fresh, locally sourced ingredients are featured throughout the breakfast, lunch and dinner menus. The cuisine is Hawaiian influenced with a focus on fresh, sustainable seafood and premium steaks. In keeping with the tradition of the Duke’s restaurants in Hawaii and California, Duke’s Beach House boasts a casual, nostalgic ambiance honoring the great Duke Kahanamoku.
Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

I'll start by saying I'm a healthy, vegetarian foodie from San Francisco and I prefer organic, local, sustainably-sourced food. I travel to Hawaii frequently and always find it challenging to eat out. I generally hit Down to Earth and a farmer's market upon arrival and cook most meals. I was very pleased with my meal at Duke's. I had their farm to platter dish. It was beautifully presented: quinoa with red/green peppers and onions, vegetarian risotto with broccolini and multi-colored squash and a gorgeous, juicy yellow tomato with seasonings and fresh basil. The service was outstanding. Craig was knowledgable about everything on the menu and went out of his way to make sure I had a perfect dinner. I arrived 15 minutes before sunset and was seated outside facing the ocean. I'll be back here for certain.

1  Thank cleanairgal
Write a ReviewReviews (4,851)

Reviewed November 28, 2013

We were tired from flying in from the east coast and my sister, who lives on Maui, suggested Dukes for dinner. When we got there it was crowded with a 45 minute wait. We begrudgingly decided to wait bc we didn't want the bother of going somewhere else. So we were pleasantly surprised when they seated us in just 10 minutes. We loved the outdoor seating. The food was average at best. My pear salad had 2 tiny slices of tomato and maybe a quarter of a pear cut into small cubes -- it was mostly a pile of spinach. The trio of creme brulee that we shared was quite good -- especially the coffee flavored one. The service was only average as well -- we didn't see our server again after he brought our meals, and we had to ask someone else to refill our water glasses and to find our server when we were interested in ordering dessert. So, while the outdoor beachside location was fantastic, I think I can only give Dukes an average rating due to the food and service.

1  Thank RachelinKabul
Reviewed November 27, 2013

We spent most days at the Ali' Ka'anapali beach, so we would take the boardwalk down to Duke's for lunch. Their food was good. Their service was great. The hula pie was fabulous. It was a pleasant place to eat and we stopped there often during our stay.

1  Thank Odiaga
Reviewed November 26, 2013

We own at the Westin so Dukes is close. This was our fourth time over the couple of years it has been open and each time it was disappointing. Have tried many dishes just fair. I just had the steak this time and it was tough and hard to eat. Will not go back!

1  Thank westinmaui2011
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Honua Kai and visited Duke's twice. The first visit we had just arrived from a red eye and room was not quite ready so what the heck a drink sounds good first thing in the morning! We sat at the bar and bartender was so welcoming! We chatted with her for a while she made great suggestions on things to do while in Maui. We ended up ordering the breakfast sandwich to split and it was delicious!!!! Our second visit was during happy hour. Once again sat at the bar. The bartender was great. He made it a point to learn our names and kept the drinks flowing through happy hour. We didn't order food due to our later dinner plans but had fun enjoying the company of the bartender and other patrons around us. My last note is that this venue has the best scenery of a bar in Maui. You will truly feel like you are on vacation!