“Great service, great food!”
Review of Duke's Beach House

Duke's Beach House
Reserve with OpenTable
Duke's Beach House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 9 Restaurants in Ka'anapali
Cuisines: American, Hawaiian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Honoapiilani Hwy
Description: Located just steps from the sand, our striking open-air restaurant offers sweeping views of the Pacific Ocean along Kaanapali North Beach at the Honua Kai Resort and Spa. Fresh, locally sourced ingredients are featured throughout the breakfast, lunch and dinner menus. The cuisine is Hawaiian influenced with a focus on fresh, sustainable seafood and premium steaks. In keeping with the tradition of the Duke’s restaurants in Hawaii and California, Duke’s Beach House boasts a casual, nostalgic ambiance honoring the great Duke Kahanamoku.
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We visited Duke's three times during our stay in Ka'anapali, as we were staying at the Aston Mahana. We visited twice for happy hour - the Duke's Lemonade was amazing! The first time my husband & I both ordered the Kahuna Slider, and we loved it. They were $5.75 each and were very filling. Of course we saved room for dessert through - the Haleakala Lava Cake! Our waitress kindly recommended having a scoop of macadamia nut ice cream with it, and they went perfectly together. The second time we visited for happy hour we (again) had the Duke's Lemonade, and this time I had the Grilled Chicken Quesadilla (amazing!!) & my husband had the mango BBQ ribs & Huli Huli chicken, which he really enjoyed. We had the Hula Pie for dessert which was HUGE but very yummy.

We also visited Dukes for breakfast. I ordered the Bikini Benedict with potatoes, and one major thing I found is that the "poached" eggs were extremely overcooked - they were basically hard boiled. This was really disappointing because the flavours of everything were perfect, but the yolk was rock hard. Also, the potatoes weren't very nice - just kind of cold and soggy. My husband had the Beach Boy Burrito & loved it though!

Service always seemed quite good, and meals came out quickly. The happy hour prices were great - we saved a lot of money by having early dinners.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,850)

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Walked here from the Aston on our first night in Maui. The place was busy and we had to wait 10 minutes for a table while we had a drink at the bar. The staff were friendly. The food I thought was ok. We had the calamari to start and it was great. My wife really liked her dish but I thought my opah portion was quite small and lacked flavor for the price as they are on the expensive side.

Overall, the place was convenient for where we were staying and the atmosphere was nice. Just a bit pricey based on taste.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

We stayed at the Aston Mahana so Duke's was only a short walk on the beach walk. We made reservations and sat inside, but you can eat outside on the patio without reservations. The staff and food was very good. It is expensive but so are most of the good restaurants in Maui. I definitely would go there again.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

We actually did take out and the food was excellent. Right on the boardwalk. The seafood risotto was excellent!

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Right off the Beach walk on the north Kaanapali is Dukes. Pretty decent food and great location if your staying at the Westin kaanapali ocean resort villas but nothing to rave about. Good service.