“Fantastic food, great views!”
Review of Duke's Beach House

Duke's Beach House
Reserve with OpenTable
Duke's Beach House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 9 Restaurants in Ka'anapali
Cuisines: American, Hawaiian
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Honoapiilani Hwy
Description: Located just steps from the sand, our striking open-air restaurant offers sweeping views of the Pacific Ocean along Kaanapali North Beach at the Honua Kai Resort and Spa. Fresh, locally sourced ingredients are featured throughout the breakfast, lunch and dinner menus. The cuisine is Hawaiian influenced with a focus on fresh, sustainable seafood and premium steaks. In keeping with the tradition of the Duke’s restaurants in Hawaii and California, Duke’s Beach House boasts a casual, nostalgic ambiance honoring the great Duke Kahanamoku.
Reviewed April 18, 2013

During our stay at the Honua Kai, we ate at Dukes many times and enjoyed it each time. Great food and great service. We watched whales in the water while eating. Dinners and lunches were delicious! I recommend the tuna steak and seafood risotto....and the burgers at lunch!

1  Thank scooter0804

Reviewed April 18, 2013

We've been meaning to visit Duke's for years and finally went to dinner last night.,
What a nice surprise.....there were lots of people and a wonderful, pleasant energy. tiki torches,
Hawaiian music, sunset over the beach. attentive waiter, Craig. The chef does not
overcook the fish, and the Hula Pie....bring your camera, you won't believe the size of
this wonder! We'll return soon.

2  Thank JillieH66
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We loved Duke's Beach House at the Honua Kai. We were staying at the resort so it was very convenient for us to order from Duke's at lunch and during Happy Hour. We also had a delicious dinner there one night. The only downfall is that this location does not have a salad bar like other locations.

2  Thank LadgoestoFR
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Food was excellent and serving size adequate. My wife had the Sauteed Macnut & Herb Crusted fish. I believe the fish was called Wahoo. It was quite tasty and my wife enjoyed it. I chose the Seafood Rissoto. It was skimpy on the shrimpy (1), but the dish was also quite tasty. We had the Poke roles for an appetizer. Kind of small, but also very good. The drinks were sweet, but I've been liking a stiffer drink since joining the empty nester's club. Shared the Hula Pie for dessert. It's huge, but I wouldn't order it again. The ice cream was more ice than cream. Still ate most of it though.

Service was excellent.

1  Thank NR_Jetsetters
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Duke's is great. I've been to their Malibu, Maui, Huntington Beach, and Waikiki locations, and I have bragged on facebook after every meal, every time. The location of this one, right off of the beach in beautiful Ka'anapali is perfect for a nice dinner. They have two seating areas, one for fine dining, which is a bit expensive, and one for bar food (moreso Pupus (appetizers) and drinks. Everything I've had on the menu (I usually have fish) has been awesome.

Just make sure you specify which seating area you want to be in when you check in with the host.

1  Thank Jeff H