“Limited choices”

Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Ate here in 2007. I must say, as a Chinese person, that the food quality was very poor. Their niche is that there are limited Chinese restaurants in the West Maui area, and my guess would be they have a large quantity of tourists that come here for the first time.

We had soup, orange chicken, fried rice, sweet and sour pork, egg rolls.......just your typical chinese american food that is hard to mess up.

There was no flavor to any of the food and it was limp and unimpressive. We were only 1 of 2 tables in the entire restaurant. There was an additional charge for take-out boxes on an extra take-out order we got for a friend. This must be standard in independent restaurants in hawaii.

Service was baseline average and lukewarm at best. Staff were speaking chinese, which I understand and can speak, and were bored and couldn't wait to go home.
I'm surprise they are still open and have not gone out of business.

1  Thank RGb747
There are newer reviews for China Bowl Asian Cuisine

Reviewed February 1, 2013

We have stopped at The China Bowl for the past two visits to Maui. They are tucked away in the Fairway shops in Kaanapali, Maui. The Staff is always friendly and the food is Good. They have a very nice menue, also it appears the locals in the area eat here. Food always fresh and hardly ever a wait!

Reviewed January 27, 2013

My husband and I stopped here to grab some lunch after getting back from Skyline EcoTour ziplining. There was no one else in the restaurant, but it was before noon so we didn't think much about it. We sat down and checked out the menu, which had lots of great options. Then we sat and sat and sat. I walked back twice to try and find someone by the kitchen, but never saw anyone. Finally after waiting about 20 minutes, we left. The worst part was, we were all ready for chinese food at this point and there wasn't anywhere else close to get some. A girl I worked with had told me about Honokowai Okazuya & Deli, so we ended up going there and getting some great take out, albeit it wasn't asian food. Please China Bowl, wait on your customers!

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Price was right, the food was very good, the service was a bit slow -- but, hey, it's Hawaii and who is going anywhere anyway. And, they had "leech e nuts" for dessert - the biggest I've seen.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Service, always friendly, Food always fresh and hardly ever a wait! When we mentioned it was our first time here, the manager brought out tasters for us and totally impressed us with their menu! We frequent this place as one of our favorites!