“The Highlight”

10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“The Highlight”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Definitely the most fun we had the whole trip. Captain Ryan has the boat, the right equipment, and the experience to get even me up out of the water every time. 2 warnings:

1) Be on time. The boat leaves pretty promptly at 7 a.m. and if you miss the boat, you're SOL.
2) You will be sore...for days. It's a good hurt, but keep it in mind.

Don't hesitate to book with Wake Maui. You won't regret it. Also, definitely try the wake surfing! For me, it was even more fun than boarding.

Thanks Ryan for putting the icing on our trip to Maui for our 10-year anniversary! Next time we're on the island we're booking the entire day tour :)

Brandon & Alicia

Visited June 2012
1 Thank normalstin
, Owner at Wake Maui, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Thanks guys, I'm glad you guys had so much fun you went until you were sore! I keep hearing this sore story like its a bad thing:) Such as; that comedian was good, but be warned your smile muscles will hurt afterwards! I hope you had a great time in Maui and will see you out again soon.
Note to future passengers: The dawn session time changes with the seasons so please don't show at 7am in December, it will still be dark. Check your confirmation email for the correct check in time. Thanks and hope to see you bright and early!

Seattle
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great time on the water”
Reviewed May 8, 2012

Great time on the water. It was nice to get out on the water, have a couple of beers, and snorkle with 30 plus sea turtles in spots where most people do not go. Ryan was great on being flexible on the trip, providing information on local activities ( both on and off the water) and made the time on the water very enjoyable. Would highly suggest going on this if you enjoy being on the water, listening to music and want to get away from the crowds.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank zfelda
WakeMaui, Owner at Wake Maui, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Thank you so much for your great review. I hope that the rest of your vacation was as good if not better. Thanks again and I hope to see you the next time your on Maui.

Thanks again and have a great day!

Ryan Hickey
Owner/Operator
Wake Maui LLC
San Diego, California, United States
“Best Time EVER!!!”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

This is the best way to experience Maui!! Not only do you get to wake-board and wake-surf, but a private snorkeling tour as well!! Best service, one step ahead of you at all times! This made my entire week stay on Maui!!

Visited March 2012
WakeMaui, Owner at Wake Maui, responded to this review, March 30, 2012
Thanks so much Holly! You guys were a lot of fun to have on the boat. I'm sure you guys had a great vacation. I mentioned you to Lucinda and she was so stoked that you came out with me and had a good time. See you next time and thanks again!

-Ryan-
Ketchikan, Alaska
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Exciting trip with Wake Maui”
Reviewed March 22, 2012

It was my first time trying wake boarding, so I was a little nervous. I had nothing to be worried about. It was not as difficult as I thought it would be (he has a short rope for us beginners that was easier to get up with). My family also tried wake surfing for the first time, and liked that too. We had a blast and our guide was very helpful.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank Tracyktn
WakeMaui, Owner at Wake Maui, responded to this review, March 30, 2012
Most of all thank you so much for coming out with me! Also, thank you for t the positive review. I can't tell you enough about how much it impacts my day to see someone go out of their way to say well done. I hope it's warming up in AK and to see you out in paradise again soon.

Thanks again,

-Ryan-
Sterling Heights, Michigan
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Excellent time with a fantastic guide!”
Reviewed February 26, 2012

My husbanqd and I took our 5 boys on a private wake tour with Ryan. He was very patient with all of us and made corrections to make sure everyone could get up and wake board. My husband skied, and my boys all wake surfed and body boarded. We had time after to snorkle with the turtles. It was an excellent time and would definatly recommend Wake Maui!!!

Visited February 2012