“Very pleasant stay”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Stevenson Ranch
Gatesville, TX
“Very pleasant stay”
Reviewed July 31, 2010

We stayed two nights and I can't think of anything negative to say. Check in was quick and easy, desk staff were friendly, rooms were very spacious and had a sofa bed, and breakfast was large. The hotel is located conveniently next to dining, shopping, and Six Flags. Very nice neighborhood.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Northern Manitoba
Reviewed July 19, 2009

Hotel check-in was quick and friendly, checkout they wanted to charge my visa... I had paid in advance with my booking. Front desk staff were nice but need to listen closer. I asked for a map to Six Flags I received a map 'of' Six Flags park. The room was a good size and comfortable enough. I would have liked to see an in-room safe and the carpet needed to be cleaned but other than that the room was fine. When the trip is a family vacation I am very tolerant because we are on vacation and together so I don't have a habit of letting things ruin that. The location was convenient for our purpose, not far from Six Flags, and easily accessible to the freeway we had to use to get back to LAX (thank goodness we didn't wait until morning to make this trip). The continental breakfast had a great variety and was very good.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
az
Reviewed June 30, 2009

As a road side motel chain, this was a stand out. Good facility, clean and quiet rooms. A definite road-stop motel.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Saskatoon,SK Canada
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,169 helpful votes
Reviewed April 25, 2009

My son and I stayed here over Easter weekend. I paid $81 internet rate for a king bed with a pull out. This place was recently renovated and very clean with good linins. Nice granite counter top in the bath room. There was a mini fridge and microwave. Fridge was a bit larger than usual and was ice cold. Theres a Ralphs grocery store across a busy street in front. There is a free continental breakfast that is heads and tails above other budget hotels. There were hot items including scrambled eggs and bacon. Also had 2 waffle presses and batter to make your own belgian waffles. Yogourt cereal toast muffins and the other usual stuff. There is free internet access too so bring your lap top.

We chose this place because its about 5 minutes to magic mountain. There are several family resteraunts near by Denny's, Chicken place and also a Walmart a block away. Why stay anywhere else. I will stay here again in a heartbeat. Staff were very friendly and helpfull as well. Also had an outdoor pool that we didnt use.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
San Diego, California
Reviewed November 28, 2008

Eighteen months ago while visiting family in the area, my adult daughter and I used this hotel as our bedroom. Centrally located, it was an easy commute to my sister's house in Valencia. I reviewed the hotel here at that time. This Thanksgiving with another family gathering and a shortage of rooms at my sister's, I again made a reservation here, this time with my husband.

I am happy to say that things are just the same as we left them, and in this case it's good news indeed. The hotel is clean and well-kept, staff is always polite and a nice buffet breakfast is included in the price -- for us it was $98 for a double with two queens and a sleeper couch.

The only caution I would offer is to be sure your room is not adjacent to the elevator and vending machine bank. Though the hotel was certainly quiet and conducive to sleep, in that silence of late night the little sounds of the soda machine, etc. ever so gently pierced the air. I found it a little disturbing. My husband did not. For the record we were in room 321.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Area is congested.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
andrewrod
Reviewed November 20, 2008

I saw this hotel off the freeway while traveling to a family members house. i was tired and cranky but my mood changed when i walked in and was greeted by two kind and considerate ladies at the front desk. i had explained my situation and they were very understanding and got me into my room with out hesitation.

While the girls who checked me in were polite and caring the woman who worked that night was not. i had forgotten tooth paste so i went down to the front desk and asked for some. ive never felt bad to ask for something. i felt as if i was bothering HER for something...when this is her job. it seemed as if she was sleeping in the back considering it WAS late and i had to stand at the front desk ringing the bell for a good few mintues.

overall my stay was satisfactory and the staff was welcoming for the most part. the breakfest was good and i had a smooth and easy check out with the male working the morning shift.

I WITH OUT DOUBT WILL STAY HERE AGAIN

• Liked — the front desk workers
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
san diego
Reviewed September 27, 2008

lady who checked us in was rude: you need to check your internet better when questioned about partial divider, trying to give us two rooms instead.
Manager response: put yourself in her shoes her friend just totalled her car. So i guess its ok to take it out on customers.
A/c wasn't working manager wanted us to call and have it fixed at 2 am as if someone would really fix the a/c at 2 am.
House keeping took my daughters pillow case from her pillow that was tucked under her duffle bag in the closet area and all they could say was well at least it wasn't her pillow
I will never stay there again, thats for sure!

• Liked — Close to the Amuesment Park
  • Disliked — Customer Service
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank usandapups
Best Western Valencia Inn
#11 of 15 in Santa Clarita
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Valencia
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Santa Clarita

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!