“Reasonably priced, spacious room and nice location”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Stevenson Ranch
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Reasonably priced, spacious room and nice location”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Our family stayed here for a week during the holiday season, and enjoyed the spacious room (with 2 double beds and a pull-out couch), the free breakfast and the easy in/out access off of I-5. If we were reviewing based on the beds/mattresses we had upon arrival, this review would be much lower, as the old mattresses were miserable. However, the hotel did a complete changeover of all of the hotel's mattresses before our 2nd night, and it literally made a night and day difference in quality of sleep. Our room was nicely furnished.

If you want to be assured of a seat for the breakfast buffet, go as soon as it opens; otherwise, breakfast seating is nowhere near adequate when the hotel is full. Given the high # of families who stay here, you'll see lots of evidence of heavy wear in common areas--e.g., stained carpet, broken stair railing. Housekeeping staff could be better-trained--we were awoken in the AM by housekeeping staff hollering (in Spanish) down the long hallway to one another.

Room Tip: Top floor, unless you don't mind hearing kids in the room/hall above you.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sean M
Christopher L, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Sean,

Thank you very much for staying with us and sharing your review of our hotel. We greatly appreciate the feedback and I will be sure to share it with all of our staff. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed the new mattresses and offer my apologies for the older ones that were replaced. We hope that you will give us another chance to serve you in the future.

Christopher J. Lynch

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Aloha, Oregon
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Our family of 5 spent spring break at this hotel to visit Six Flags, Hollywood, Santa Monica Pier, Beverly Hills. Clean and comfortable. Loved the pillows and notes that indicated which were soft and which were firm. We had a 2 queen + sofa bed room with my daughter's boyfriend sleeping on the sofa bed. The room did not come equipped with the bedding for the sofa bed and I was instructed to go to the front desk to get it. Minor inconvenience, I guess. Also, only towels for 4 people. The housekeeping dept. does not keep track how many people are in the room. Consequently, we had to keep asking for more towels. Wish the rooms had a second sink/vanity that would have helped speed up the morning routine. Liked the in-room refrigerator which we kept stocked with bottled water for our day trips. Pool was fun for the kids but not stocked adequately with towels. The morning breakfast was okay. Each day offered scrambled eggs with some sort of pork meat (bacon, sausage or ham), 3 different cold cereals, oatmeal packets, made-to-order waffles, yogurt, and a variety of breads. Overall, a good experience and great value for our vacation.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Christopher L, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Thank you very much for your recent stay with us on spring break! I am very glad that we were able to accommodate you and take care of you during your stay. I will be sure to share your comments with our housekeeping department regarding both the room and pool towels. We hope to see you again on your next trip out to the area!

Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. We were there for six nights. It was clean and smelled nice, the staff was very friendly and super helpful, and the breakfast was really good. We were able to go out and visit Six Flags, Santa Monica Pier, and Hollywood and then come back to the hotel and swim because their pool is heated and open until 11:00 pm. I would highly recommend it.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank I1vy
Christopher L, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for our property. "Awesome Hotel." We love the title of your review! I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and it is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. Please know that I will be sure to share your comments with all of our staff at our next staff meeting. We hope to see you again on your next trip out to the area. Thank you again!

Salmon Arm, Canada
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Easily accessed from the I-5, which we liked after a long day on the road. We weren't here for the theme park; just overnighting.

Room with two queens and sitting area with desk, couch, etc. Free internet and breakfast. Fridge and microwave.

Nice, big room.

With Choice Privilege Card - $89.99 + tax.

Front desk staff friendly and helpful

Room Tip: Coco's Bakery & Restaurant is a short walk away -- good restaurant with healthy choices.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TMLB
Christopher L, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us on your overnight trip to visit Six Flags Magic Mountain. We know that there are a lot of choices in the area and are delighted that we had the chance to provide you accommodations on your travels. We very much appreciate the positive feedback and I am very glad to hear you recognize both the friendly staff and our rooms. I will make sure to share your comments with all of our team at our next staff meeting. We hope to see you again soon!

Fresno, California
Reviewed January 4, 2014

I was on my way to Pasadena to volunteer on some of the Rose Parade floats. This hotel was only 20 minutes from Pasadena and provided a nice quite place, The front desk staff was friendly an helpful. The rooms was spacious and clean. The breakfast was a full service and very taste. I would recommend for value rated. Lots of fine restaurant within a short distance.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor. They had double pane windows couldn't hear any outside noise.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Sundowner937
Christopher L, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Thank you very much for staying with us while down for the Rose Parade. I am very glad to hear that the hotel worked out for your stay and am very happy that you recognized our front desk staff. We hope that you will keep us in mind for your next trip out to the area.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Took the family to Magic Mountain again, right before New Years. From the check in, to the OUTSTANDING service from the lady that keeps the Breakfast Buffet running smoothly. We have been going here for about five years and she is always there, always on top of the levels and always moving. This lady deserves a medal!!

Our room was clean, kept and perfect for four people.

Room Tip: For the rooms with two Queen beds and a sofa sleeper....the sleeper is really comfy and there are pl...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank califmac
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review of our hotel with others. We greatly appreciate your continued business and always appreciate the positive feedback. I will most definitely share your review with all of my staff at our next staff meeting. Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon!

Richmond, California
Reviewed December 25, 2013

To be fair the property was a great value and breakfast was fantastic but I got eaten alive in a northern room on the second floor. I had just finished a 11 hour flight from London and I crashed in one of their rooms for the night. I woke up the next day feeling refreshed but a bit itchy and it was until later that night that I noticed bumps all over my face and stomach.

It could have been fleas but the bumps were all in a straight line and they broke out into small sores which never happened to me before.

If you stay there be sure and place your bags into the bathroom and check the mattress before you go to sleep.

I have never been attacked by bugs at a hotel before so I was due and again, the property is still great value for money but I've been miserable for two days now due to incessant itching.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank JayBeeCA
Christopher L, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Allow me to offer you my personal apologies for the poor experience that you had at our property. Please know that immediately upon the issue being reported to the hotel, we promptly contacted our pest control service provider to inspect the room. I want you to rest assured that absolutely no bed bugs or any other types of bugs were found. Our housekeeping staff has been thoroughly trained on recognizing the signs of bed bugs and are trained to immediately report any possible symptoms for inspection. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel should you have any questions or concerns. I am happy to provide the report from our Pest Control service provider if that will help to alleviate your concerns and I again apologize for your poor experience. I truly hope this experience does not cause you to lose confidence in the brand and we hope that you will stay at a Comfort Suites property in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stevenson Ranch
Best Western Valencia Inn
#12 of 15 in Santa Clarita
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Valencia
Embassy Suites by Hilton Valencia

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!