“Good for a night's sleep”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Stevenson Ranch
Franklin, Massachusetts
“Good for a night's sleep”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Comfort Inn #2 on a recent California road trip. We chose the Comfort Inn Stevenson Ranch not because it was near any attraction (it is- Six Flags-Magic Mountain) but because it was on the way to Fresno after a day at Universal Studios.

I was fine with the condition of the room itself. The beds were queen size and mattresses firm. The desk had lots of electrical outlets for recharging the various devices we had (phone, iPad, camera for 3 people). It was definitely the best hotel for hooking up electrical stuff on this trip. The couch that makes the room a suite was OK- for some reason the seat cushions leaned forward. And my pet peeve; the TV was in front of the bed for watching, not the couch. To me this arrangement defeats the purpose of even having a couch. That's me though- I never watch TV in bed.

I was disappointed with the bathroom. The best thing- motion sensing light switches for the bathroom. This meant we didn't have to leave a light on in the bathroom at night to make navigating to it easier. On the downside the bathroom wasn't very clean. There was some mildew on the ceiling and some hairs on the floor. Since we didn't shower until morning I pretty sure they weren't ours.

Breakfast was the standard continental fare, tasty and filling. Get there early though. I wake early (6-7AM) so I had a comfortable breakfast. When I came back down for a coffee refresh with some stragglers in our party the breakfast room was super busy, with people holding tables and saving chairs and lines for the waffle makers.

The desk staff was engaging and helpful, commenting on my t-shirt (from a New England clam shack) and providing some guidance that helped me choose a second floor room.

The hotel is easy on/easy off of Route 5. As another writer noted there are many nearby restaurants. We were tired, so we walked to the Jack in the Box in front of the Inn for a quick burger.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Christopher L, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear Mykal,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a thorough review of our hotel. We greatly appreciate your comments as it highlights both the positives and negatives that you encountered at our property. Allow me to personally apologize for the cleanliness issues that you encountered with the bathroom. Please know that I have shared your comment with all of my housekeeping staff to address the issue for our future guests. I offer you my apologies again, and hope that you will consider giving us another chance on a future stay.

Christopher J. Lynch

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed August 17, 2013

The property has great access to almost everything. I 5 is about a 1 minute drive, Six Flags, Santa Clarita all 5-10 minutes, lots of places to eat nearby (from fast food to full service restaurants), several chain supermarkets within 5 minutes off of Old Road so great for stocking up for your stay or road trip. Property has nice rooms, is well maintained, has ample sitting area in the morning for breakfast which is needed as it is very crowded on weekends.
Breakfast, which is included along with WiFi, is good but spotty on availability based upon how busy it is. If you are willing to wait, they eventually resupply all the goodies but sometimes the wait is 5-10 minutes. Rooms were clean, office was helpful and the property seemed like a nice safe location.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Christopher L, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you very much for staying with us on your trip out from Las Vegas. We greatly value your business and are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Let me assure you that all of our comments are shared with all of the staff so that we can constantly improve our services. We greatly appreciate the feedback regarding our breakfast. Please know that I have shared it with our staff and that we will be sure to get the food out there faster in the future! Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon!

Christopher Lynch
Feilding, Manawatu-Wanganui, New Zealand
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We loved this hotel! The staff are super friendly, the rooms are huge and clean. The breakfast is great - fresh fruit, yoghurt, cereals, breads, pastries, waffles, bacon, eggs and sausages. The hotel is close to Six Flags (about 5 mins drive). There is also a large selection of shops close by. We will be back and would recommend this to others.

1 Thank Stell_Stu
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your travel experience at our hotel with others. We greatly appreciate you recognizing both our staff and the quality of the breakfast that is provided for all of our guests. Please know that I will share your comment with all of our staff at my upcoming staff meeting. Thank you again and we'd love to have you back with us in the future.

Twentynine Palms, California
Reviewed August 10, 2013

This hotel was clean and so nice! We got a room with a hot tub in the bathroom and it was huge! They have free wifi, computers and printers for use in the lobby and a great breakfast! The room was clean and big! The price is great for the room also! Staff was very nice and the pool's nice.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Christopher L, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thank you so much for the positive feedback for our hotel! We greatly appreciate it as we are continuously striving to improve our services for all of our guests. I have shared your comments with all of my staff this morning at our regular stand up meeting. Thank you again and we'd love to have you back on your next trip out to the area!

vancouver, bc
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I stayed at this hotel last year in August and decided to come back...stayed Aug 7 and 8. The location is perfect to Universal Studios or Six Flags. Across the street is Walmart and a variety of other stores (Ross, Old Navy, Sports...etc) including tons of restaurants. The rooms are always clean and beds are comfortable (except for this one, which squeaks a lot). Room includes a microwave and fridge. The price is very reasonable...

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Christopher L, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us on your trip out from B.C. We very much appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. Thank you for the positive comments, and I would love if you could contact me and give me a room number so that we can fix that squeaky bed! Thanks again and we hope to see you soon!

661-254-7700
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Stayed for three days and four nights....no problem with anything. Once you get past the people in pajamas eating breakfast in public...all is good. Pool was maintained well and staff - as usual - was REALLY great. Any problems ever raised were handled.

Room Tip: Magic Mountain is close, as well as Universal Studios. Be ready for traffic 24/7!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for being a loyal return customer. We greatly appreciate your business and thank you for taking the time out of your day to write a review for our hotel. I will be sure to share your comment with all of our staff at our next meeting as it's always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. Thank you again!

Utah
Reviewed August 6, 2013

great place to stay with family after magic mountain closes. The choices for breakfast were great. Not to have to decide were to go to get breakfast before heading out on another leg of trip was a plus. The beds were great, pillows were all in varied firmness so a nice plus as I like a soft pillow. We had 2 rooms and they gave us connecting so that also was nice. Clean and pleasant, worked well for what we needed. If traveling with family going to Magic Mountain a great place to stay, they are good with check ins after park closes. Would recommend.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Christopher L, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Thank you for staying with us! It was our pleasure to have you with us and we appreciate you taking the time to share your review of our hotel online. Please know that I've shared your comments with out breakfast staff and it's always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. Thank you again and we hope to have you back with us in the future!

Christopher Lynch
Best Western Valencia Inn
#11 of 15 in Santa Clarita
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Valencia
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Santa Clarita

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!