“Thanksgiving with family”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Stevenson Ranch
Sacramento, CA
“Thanksgiving with family”
Reviewed November 30, 2010

From entering the hotel until we left we were treated with utmore respect and courtesy. The beds were wonderful and padded. Rooms clean and comfortable. Duel panel windows kept any freeway noise out completely. Morning breakfast was tasty and generous. When we travel to SoCal again we will always return. Good price with AARP and good quality hotel. Close to good restaurants also. We went to Cocos.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Long Island
Reviewed October 19, 2010

This non-smoking hotel is a standout for cleanliness. The rooms, lobby, breakfast room and grounds are well maintained. The bed was extremely comfortable, and the room I had was totally quiet. A nice touch --delicious chocolate chip cookies each weekday afternoon. The breakfast was more than adequate. Lovely pool area. Lots of shopping nearby. This is my third stay, and I would definitely return. Great value, overall.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank peshy1
Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 11, 2010

Superbt standard hotel chain! This was the second La Quinta hotel that we stayed in whilst travelling around the west coast of America .Friendly, helpful staff - nothing was any trouble. All amenities included a good breakfast ( only one bad comment is that all cutlery et.c was plastic) Taking that away everything else was an excellent standard, excellent outdoor pool area too! Would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
California
Reviewed September 6, 2010

This was a very nice, newer hotel built about 4 years ago I believe. We got a King bed/with couch and it was very very nice. Had a microwave and fridge, so we were able to go a couple of streets down to the Wal-mart and stocked up with snacks. Plenty of restaurants/fast food places open late til midnight, or later. Bed, cozy, couch was a sofa sleeper, the internet was slow, but could have been our laptop. The shower was nice and big bathroom. Lots of BIG towels. Had ironing board/ iron/blowdryer and coffee maker with coffee and filter. Free HBO. The vending machine was centralized. We used the laundry facilities. The sold mini boxes of Tide at the front desk for $1.00. Wash is $1/Dry is $1.50. While I waited for laundry, went out to the pool, and it was clean, and nice, had a covered gazebo, lots of nice patio furniture, and 2 beautiful serene rock waterfalls. Crystal clear pool. Well maintained property. Oh, and a spa. The have a rack of towels for the guests and an outdoor changing station for the swimmers.
Continental breakfast was SOOOO GOOD! The eggs delicious, perfectly cooked bacon, variety of bagels, muffins, danishes, cereals, french toast, make your own waffles, assorted juices, coffee, milk, (non-fat and 2%) yogurts, PERFECT. YOu could eat in the dining room, or the patio outside. This was a good deal. We got the internet rate of $98 + taxes it was $110. Booked it ONE DAY BEFORE TRAVEL! So that was cool. Got the good deal. Everything was so close by.
ONE PROBLEM: there is something wrong with the water. CONTACT LENS USERS BEWARE: It seemed that there were too many minerals in the water. When we washed our hands, we still felt soapy, and there was soap residue on the hands. My husband said it had too many minerals and well, maybe it had something to do with being in the mountains. So we went to Wal-Mart and bout a jug of water. I washed his hands down with our own non-triclosan soap and jug water, and our hands got clean. He did this to me also, and we were able to put in our contact lenses. So take a gallon of water with you.
All in all, my husband and I loved this hotel and will return soon with the family for a theme park trip. It seemed to have a lot of families, yet it was VERY quiet, peaceful. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this place to everyone. So what if I have to take my own water, you get a full continental breakfast which saves you money from buying breakfast.

Oh, and express check out was awesome. We felt we got our money's worth.
The clerks are not rude, but don't go out of their way to be friendly, but I will go back again anyways.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Fakapuna
Reviewed August 8, 2010

Pros: Restaurants and shopping very close by, close freeway access, clean hotel, fridge in room, great in-room wireless access, comfortable beds, easy parking, and easy check-in.

Cons: Front desk clerk at check-in was a bit cold, rude would be a little harsh, breakfast was a tad better than a days inn breakfast. I have stayed at two La Quinta's in the past week for the first time in a very long while and there breakfast's are not impressive. The only other complaint I have is my upstairs neighbor was heard with every footstep, it was quite annoying.

Overall the good outweighed the bad.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Pepperell, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 8, 2010

I stayed in many 2 star hotels and this should be upgraded to a 2.5 or 3. Plush, lovely, guest laundry, free breakfast and internet. Clean and friendly. Worth the $$ and even more.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Gaithersburg, Maryland
Reviewed June 3, 2010

I took my young adult son to the L.A. area for a visit and he chose this hotel mainly due to its location to where he wanted to go. Conveniently located off of I-5 the hotel offers a central location for those wanting to go to L.A. or the High Desert.

The rooms were clean and comfortable and came equipped with a fridge which was very nice.

One of the things I look for is how the hotel handles the complimentary breakfast and the selection was very good with a large room to accommodate plenty of guests.

There are plenty of places to eat and shop nearby with In-n-Out Burger being my favorite .
It is an easy 15-20 minute trip to the Burbank airport and the parking is free and plentiful.

All in all this is a great place to stay and if I should ever return to the area this hotel will be at the top of my list.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Hyatt Regency Valencia
#4 of 15 in Santa Clarita
Embassy Suites by Hilton Valencia
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Santa Clarita

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Santa Clarita - Valencia? Share your experiences!