“Great place to stay if you bring your pets”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Santa Clarita - Valencia
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Stevenson Ranch
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We chose this hotel solely on the fact that we could bring our dog. It is in a great location with restaurants and fast food nearby, close to the freeway. If you have pets they make you stay in a downstairs room, which is fine. However, you can tell pets have been there by all the carpet stains. That didn't really bother me because, well, I have a dog. The place was clean, it didn't smell like animals. Breakfast was good, service was good. I have stayed here twice, both times with my dog.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
lq0772, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Santa Clarita - Valencia, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

We apologize for any carpet stains you had in your room. We are scheduled for a complete renovation this winter including new carpet. Thank you for taking the time to give us a review and thank you for your business.

A TripAdvisor Member
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Hotel is conveniently located beside the freeway. The room was clean and relatively quiet considering its location. The breakfast provided was forgettable at best. A power outage in the middle of the night that knocked out A/C for a couple of hours left me with a less than comfortable nights sleep. That and a mattress that left my back sore the next day made me feel glad I was only there for one night.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Thank you for your review. We apologize the area had a power outage. This winter we are scheduled for a complete renovation including new matresses. Thank you for your business.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Haven't traveled much lately so review is from that perspective. Nice location for me to rest after surviving L.A. traffic. Nice lobby and helpful counter folks and very nice lawn/pool area behind the building. The room was clean and nice sized and I liked the shampoo. But, for the price, I had a couple of issues. First was the stiff bed. It just didn't suit me, having a very firm first impression that never went away. Second, the A/C unit made a sound that I swear was just like a jet engine starting up. I've never heard that before at a hotel and MAYBE could have gotten used to it (like the regular A/C noise from other places I've stayed) BUT for a first time, the noise, along with the firm bed, made if a tough sleep. Maybe if it were a lot cheaper, it might have been an OK deal.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. We are happy to let you know that we are scheduled for a complete renovation this winter including new matresses. We apologize about the air conditioner and appreciate you letting us know. Thank you for your business.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
lq0772, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Santa Clarita - Valencia, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Reviewed August 14, 2013

One of the best maintained LQs anywhere. My wife and I have been coming here since they opened (I think about 7 years). Occasionally it gets extremely busy during holiday weekends and the parking area gets completely full. Nice pool and laundry facility. Good food in the breakfast area. In all the years I have been coming (3-4 trips per year), I only had one bad experience. The youth soccer, baseball and hockey teams often use this location. And the hallways can get loud at night if the kids are not watched closely. Not really the fault of LQ - but they need to keep the party down with many teen kids around.

Upsides: close to shopping, restaurants, and Six Flags Magic Mountain. Downsides: 35 miles north of downtown LA, so not really the best place if you want to be close to the beach, LA or Disneyland. If you are visiting the SF Valley, Valencia or Canyon Country this is a great spot for the weary traveler, young couples or families. Inexpensive = Great Value.

Room Tip: 1st floor actually tends to be quiet because the lobby is far away. Top floor is also nice. Parki...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

We thank you for your review and look forward to your next visit. Thank you for your business.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

When we first got there the people at the front desk were super nice we asked for a 2 queen beds but they gave us an upgrade.Like other pools when they are freezing cold but this one was medium not so cold not so hot. Nice thing is Magic Mountain is up the street. Very good free breakfest. Overall 100%

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the 4th Floor there is little to no noise
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

We take pride in taking care of our guests. We're pleased your stay was enjoyable. Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. Thank you for your business.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

I had requested a ground floor room and when I arrived at 2:30 p.m. (before official check in time) they apologized and gave me an upgraded room with a living area. Landscaping and hotel finish out is first class. Excellent location with numerous restaurants and lots of shopping within a mile of this property. Excellent breakfast much more options than typical LaQuinta fare. Very helpful front desk personel. Will definitely return.

Room Tip: I don't think you could go wrong anywhere in this hotel
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for the review! We are happy you were pleased with your visit. We look forward to your next visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stevenson Ranch
Hyatt Regency Valencia
#5 of 15 in Santa Clarita
Embassy Suites by Hilton Valencia
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Santa Clarita

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Santa Clarita - Valencia? Share your experiences!