“Great Staff, Nice Suite”

Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Valencia
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Stevenson Ranch
Reviewed July 21, 2013

My nephew and I stayed here on July 15th-17th so that we would have easy access to Six Flags Magic Mountain during our visit.

The staff was phenomenal. Jacqui and Ahlysa (I may not be remembering her name correctly), did everything to make our stay pleasant. They have fabulous, friendly personalities.

We were fortunate to have our room upgraded to a suite, so we were able to cook dinner in our room.
We had a full fridge, microwave, sink, and dinner dishes, so we were exceptionally comfortable in our spacious room.

The Coco's Restaurant next door had some very nice meals. It was just a short walk to brunch. The weather was beautiful while we visited and the people were all so helpful.

I would definitely book this hotel again.

Room Tip: Our non-smoking suite on the first floor was really nice.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Valencia, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such wonderful things about your most recent stay with us. I am proud of our team for delivering the service you deserve. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Showed up an hour and a half after check in and was told my room still was not ready.... They said it would be ready in 10 minutes... Ten minutes went by and they ask if I was waiting for my room... I said yes I'm still waiting to be checked in... They then told me fifteen more minutes!!! My daughter had to use the restroom so bad she was gonna pee herself... She ended up using the employee bathroom after climbing over all the bags of laundry in the laundry room! I ask if they could at least discount the room and they said no ma'am not at all... worst check in ever!

• Stayed: July 2013
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Valencia, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Hi Rosie,

Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. Please know that we are sincerely sorry that your room was not ready upon check-in. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will make every effort to make sure your experience is not repeated. I would love to discuss this further with you; please contact me at val@extendedstay.com . We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town. Thanks again.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Me and my boyfriend decided to stay here. We were traveling with my 14yr old sister, so we got a room with two queen sized beds. The reservation was booked on hotwire.com. Once we got to the hotel the front desk guy said he only had single rooms booked, but we asked if we could have a double since we weren't able to choose online. He said he could upgrade us, however it would cost $40.00/night. Which is just insane considering the room itself was only $65. Finally after letting him know how displeased we were and how we would mention it on trip advisor, he said he'd give it to us for $20/night. Which was fine, but it kinda bothered me that we had to fight to get the price lowered. Why not just make the customer happy without having to make them struggle?? Anyways, I found the room to be clean, however the shower rod was broken in the bathroom. We mentioned this to the front desk and they had it fixed the next day. Which surprised all of us. Anyways, the room we stayed in did come with a kitchenette, however no utensils. I noticed there was dishwashing soap as well... which socked me.... Im not going to do dishes on my holiday. It should be a service they provide. Not to mention they don't clean the rooms everyday.... if you want your room cleaned, you have to pay extra. Which is ridiculous. If you want fresh towels you have to take the old ones to the front desk and have them replaced. Which really makes me angry.... IM THE ONE ON HOLIDAYS...not the housekeeping staff. When I go on holidays I like to relax... it doesn't involve me carrying dirty twoels and having them replaced. I've never stayed anywhere that hasn't cleaned my room or provided me fresh towels. If they want to do it that way.... they BRING ME THE TOWELS. They concept still really bothers me. Aside from its great location close to Six Flags.... that's all it has going for it. I will NEVER stay here again. I'm disgusted with the lack of housekeeping service. Stay somewhere else everyone.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 18, 2013

The front desk crew took what could have been a disaster and made it all as smooth as can be. I had made reservations for incorrect dates and they were able to correct them in the computer and had a lovely room for me. They even let me check out an hour late so I could finish the report I was working on! I enjoyed having the kitchen available, even though my stay was only 2 nights. This will definitely be my hotel of choice when I am in the Valencia area.

Room Tip: If you are a non-smoker, be sure to specify that. As a smoker, I was thrilled to find this was one...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Valencia, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the the service you received during your most recent stay with us. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

I was absolutly blown away with discust when I walked in the room to find a kitchen sink filled with backed up water...... hallways smelled, toilet kept bubbling water all night. I would not recommend this facility to Anyone..... room #217

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank jgtgrant
Reviewed July 3, 2013

The hotel smells like smoke. The room was dirty and the floor was sticky. I got a good deal through Priceline....when I checked in the clerk gave us a room with one queen bed. I asked him if he could gives us another room with 2 queen beds since I was traveling with my husband and my daughter. The clerk told us that he did not have any rooms available. It was around 4:00pm..... So I checked online and they did have rooms with 2 queen beds....LIARS.... Please spend more money and go to a better hotel. That's what I did.....

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Valencia, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Nadia - Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that you had issues with your room during your most recent stay at our hotel. While it is our goal to move guests to another room when a situation like yours take place, we are not always able to do so based on room type availability at that time. In this case, we did not have another room with 2 queen beds available. I sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and will work with the staff to ensure it does not happen again.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. Please feel free to contact me directly, at val@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Will make this hotel our home away from home. We were really happy with the room and amenities. We come to the valley often and will stay at this hotel from now on. We were happy to be able to bring our dog and that was most important. And we enjoyed everything.
We don't use the pool and gym so we didn't miss it. We also liked the location so close to everything.

Room Tip: Best in the area. I am handicapped and the room we3 had was on the bottom floor with easy access rig...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Valencia, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Lois - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It is our goal to make sure we provide you with a "home away from home" experience at our hotel. I am glad to hear that we have accomplished that.

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future, should your travels bring you back to our area. Thank you again for your review.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stevenson Ranch
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Santa Clarita
Best Western Valencia Inn
Best Western Valencia Inn
#11 of 15 in Santa Clarita

Been to Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Valencia? Share your experiences!